GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Finall got Sub and Amp installed in the GS350.. but some issues.. need some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-15, 06:25 PM
Kane007
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finall got Sub and Amp installed in the GS350.. but some issues.. need some feedback

Hey Guys, I finally had my Kicker 15" Solobaric subwoofer and Kicker KX800.1 amp installed to my factory system but I am having some issues. I have a Audio Control LC2I line out converter that tapped into my factory amp to get the signal from the sub speaker wires. This then converts to the connection to RCA plugs for my amp.

The remote turn on mode being used is the line signal, once you turn the stereo on the signal becomes hot and turns on the line out converter and amp. The line out unit is
Amazon.com: AudioControl LC2I 2-Channel Line Out Converter and Subwoofer Control: Electronics Amazon.com: AudioControl LC2I 2-Channel Line Out Converter and Subwoofer Control: Electronics

The issues I am having are:

1.) My amp doesnt seem to be maintaining a signal to stay on when playing music at low volume levels.

2.) When I turn the car off, the sub outputs a loud continuous rumble of bass. It appears that if I turn the stereo off, it takes a little while for the amp to turn off after it stopped sensing a signal to keep the amp on.

Possible Solution: I think I will need to run a better remote turn on lead to a 12v source that turns on when the radio goes on. Does anyone know if one of the wires on the factory amp will provide me with this signal? I think this would also solve my issue listed in #1. What have you guys used for a remote turn on?

3.) Has anyone solved the terrible rattling of the fuel door? I dynamatted it and it helped but its still bouncing and rattling like crazy. I also notice that the fuel door doesn't lock once the doors lock and the car is moving. But it appears to be locked if the car is turned off and doors are locked. Is this normal?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-29-15, 08:26 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definitely try another remote source, maybe run a line from the ignition switch or the cigarette lighter outlet, if you can't find one on the stock amp to use.

No idea about the fuel door... but how did you test that with the car moving and the doors locked?
Old 06-30-15, 06:51 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a jl w7 12" in my truck with a hifonics amp to power it. im also running clean sweep from jl with another smaller fl amp to power it.

yeah it might sound like something is connected wrong ort something. it sounds like its getting extra power from somewhere with the feedback sound.

i get the fuel tank door rattle to. dynamatted it still same thing. i get the rattles to=\
Old 06-30-15, 09:03 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a JL 500w amp and 12" w6 in the trunk. The rattle may be from your license plate too. I added some foam strips to the gas tank and it cut down on the rattle.

For the feedback issue, i have no idea. Did you install yourself? I had mine professionally done.
Old 06-30-15, 02:26 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

I have 2 12 I had that infamous gas cap rattle, the way I fix it was getting foam and shoving it between the gas cap and the plastic piece that hold the cover all around shoving it in with something thin and kid you not no more damn rattles it literally fix my problem i should if done it earlier. Try it out and let me know how it goes
Old 06-30-15, 04:55 PM
Kane007
Driver

I actually dynamatted the entire trunk pretty good before I got everything installed. The trunk sounds amazing, barely any rattles to my surprise.. it sounds very very tight, I didnt expect that even with all the dynamat. But the license plate is not rattling, I have dynamat on the back of that too.. the only issue is the gas door. I dynamatted it with one layer and its better but its still rattling badly. I am going to put another layer on it and maybe Ill try out that foam trick between the gas cap and plastic piece.

Anyone have anymore feedback on what they used for a remote turn on source though?
Old 07-02-15, 03:35 PM
Kane007
Driver

*bump******
Old 07-05-15, 01:02 PM
Kane007
Driver

So I had my installer change the turn on mode of my amp. And he routed a remote turn on to the 12v outlet in the center console in the rear seat side. So now the problems are solved in terms of the turning on and turning off issues. But unfortunately the amp always stays on now while the car is on even though the radio is not being used obviously.

Have any of you had any success with other sources for remote turn on? I think I am just going to put a switch in line of the remote turn on during the rare times I want to keep the amp completely off when I am driving such as when I have family in the car.
Old 07-06-15, 12:01 PM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Kane007 - you should install a switch in the centre console, that turns off the remote turn on wire. Simple, and you can shut down you sub whenever you like. Back in highschool we jerry-rigged my buddies remote turn on wire and connected to the tail lights - he had his sub whenever the lights were on, LOL.
Old 04-19-21, 10:02 AM
jaguar_83
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kane007
I actually dynamatted the entire trunk pretty good before I got everything installed. The trunk sounds amazing, barely any rattles to my surprise.. it sounds very very tight, I didnt expect that even with all the dynamat. But the license plate is not rattling, I have dynamat on the back of that too.. the only issue is the gas door. I dynamatted it with one layer and its better but its still rattling badly. I am going to put another layer on it and maybe Ill try out that foam trick between the gas cap and plastic piece.

Anyone have anymore feedback on what they used for a remote turn on source though?
Hi there. Any update on the rattle? Were able to get rid of it with a second layer of sound deadener? Any pics? Thanks.