GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus (Optional) Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-15, 07:19 PM
KJD3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus (Optional) Wheels?

Does anyone have a 4GS with the optional wheels? My dealer is suppose to take care of the curb rash on two of my wheels, which I caught on my pre purchase walk around. I won't accept anything less than replacement wheels. I was thinking of trying to get them to replace them with the wheels in the attached picture for the troubles I've had with rock chips, which they're also going to take care of, and some sort of black scuff in the clear coat on one of my doors that I have been unsuccessful in trying to buff out. I was just curious if anyone had any pictures of any of the optional wheels on a 4GS, I'm sure it's a very select few since Lexus wants $3,995 per set.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus (Optional) Wheels?-2014-lexus-ngs-19in-full-face-forged-alloy-wheel-f-sport-accessories-287x215-gs926.jpg  
Old 06-17-15, 08:50 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

These threads may help with a few images:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ed-wheels.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-dealer-2.html
Old 06-18-15, 10:20 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by KJD3
Does anyone have a 4GS with the optional wheels? My dealer is suppose to take care of the curb rash on two of my wheels, which I caught on my pre purchase walk around. I won't accept anything less than replacement wheels. I was thinking of trying to get them to replace them with the wheels in the attached picture for the troubles I've had with rock chips, which they're also going to take care of, and some sort of black scuff in the clear coat on one of my doors that I have been unsuccessful in trying to buff out. I was just curious if anyone had any pictures of any of the optional wheels on a 4GS, I'm sure it's a very select few since Lexus wants $3,995 per set.
I seriously doubt if they will give you new wheels. A good wheel repair shop can easily make them look so good you will swear they are new wheels. I've seen it many times.

EDIT, I admit I didn't read your post thoroughly. Apparently you are just buying the car so you do have more leverage.
Old 06-18-15, 12:00 PM
KJD3
Driver

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Thanks, it's still kind of difficult to get a good feel for what those wheels look like on the GS. I do have to admit that from those pictures I do like the stock F-Sport wheels better.

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I seriously doubt if they will give you new wheels. A good wheel repair shop can easily make them look so good you will swear they are new wheels. I've seen it many times.

EDIT, I admit I didn't read your post thoroughly. Apparently you are just buying the car so you do have more leverage.
They ended up repairing them, can't blame me for trying though. The service advisor said they came out really good and you can't tell there was ever an issue with the wheels. I hope he's right.
Old 06-18-15, 10:32 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$4000 for a set of this wheels? :O lOl
Old 06-19-15, 03:29 AM
jjscsix
Racer

They ended up repairing them, can't blame me for trying though. The service advisor said they came out really good and you can't tell there was ever an issue with the wheels. I hope he's right.
Let us know how they came out. As I said, I've seen amazing results for repaired wheels.
Old 06-19-15, 10:20 AM
KJD3
Driver

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Let us know how they came out. As I said, I've seen amazing results for repaired wheels.
Sure thing. I kind of wish I had taken some before pictures... oh well. I still haven't gotten my car back since they've been working on clay baring the car to get the scuff in the back left door and to take care of the rail dust that was all over the front of the car. I'll take a couple of pictures when I pick it up in the morning of the wheels, the service advisor assures me that they look just as good as they did new if not better.
Old 06-20-15, 01:50 PM
KJD3
Driver

I can't even tell where the curb rash was. I'm very happy, now if only the did as good of a job with the touch up paint...
Attached Thumbnails Lexus (Optional) Wheels?-20150620_160537.jpg   Lexus (Optional) Wheels?-20150620_160547.jpg  
Old 06-20-15, 02:35 PM
jjscsix
Racer

I can't even tell where the curb rash was. I'm very happy, now if only the did as good of a job with the touch up paint...
Good to hear. Good luck with the paint.