GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Troubling Service Issue while car was at Park Place Lexus Plano. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-15, 04:42 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Nothing but gold stars for Park Place Plano.
Same here! Park Place Plano and Park Place Grapevine are both excellent.
Old 04-08-16, 09:12 AM
PDF84
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Angry Park Place Plano Back at it again with Terrible Service

So I dropped off my car at PP Plano, TX for them to address a squeaky drivers seat and replace the brake fluid at 30k service. My service needs I thought were simple. But it took me three trips back to the dealer to "pick up my car" because it was "ready".

So they perform the 30k brake fluid exchange and to fix my seat they used some leather conditioner Needless to say this didn't fix the squeak that was coming from the bottom seat adjuster and towards to top of the seat back. So I show my service manager Sarah and the her manager Butch. They see the problem after sitting in the seat and hearing it for them selves. So back into a loaner I go. It's now Friday and they wont have the part until Monday so whatever, I was put in a new 2016 loaner RX I've been wanting to drive anyways so I didn't mind.

My car is ready on Tuesday and I go to pick it up for the second time. They have replaced the drivers seat adjuster assembly and I'm told its now squeak free. I'm happy so I rush to the store to pick up my car. Now, the good news is they fixed the lower part of the seat and the squeak is gone... but the bad news is the seat back still squeaking like crazy! So back into the loaner again for a 3rd time.

So, I go back later in the day after I get a call saying the car is completely fixed and she has gone herself and checked to make sure it was fixed this time. I go after work to pick it up and to my amazement the seat is now squeak free and I'm happy as can be after all of this. Turns out there was a defect in the foam surrounding a spring inside the seat back and they replaced it. Why this all couldn't be done in one service visit is beyond me.

That brings me to a week later. I'm hand washing my car yesterday afternoon and as I'm finishing up I open the drivers door to wipe my door seals and notice these scratches that were not there before. I wipe down this area every week when I wash my car. I guess I was so happy that my seat wasn't squeaking anymore when I went the third time to pick it up I didn't check to see if they messed anything else up. I assume the tech didn't take the time to remove these plastic trim pieces when he went to work on the seat. So I've just e-mail the managers with pics and I'm waiting to here back from them.

Does anyone else have this bad of luck with the Park Place Plano Service or is it just me?
Attached Thumbnails Troubling Service Issue while car was at Park Place Lexus Plano. PICS-image1.jpg   Troubling Service Issue while car was at Park Place Lexus Plano. PICS-image2.jpg  
Old 04-08-16, 09:51 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

Sorry to see that damage to the sill area cover. To me, it looks the technician was careless in removing the sill (if that was necessary) or wasn't careful when moving/shifting tools/parts used during the install.

Maybe insist that they install new illuminated sills for you for all this headache!

IMO - i wouldn't return to this dealership for service...its so disheartening to see something like that when you take care of your things and others you trust fail to commit that level of respect for your property.

Last edited by AJLex19; 04-08-16 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-08-16, 11:24 AM
PDF84
Driver

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Sorry to see that damage to the sill area cover. To me, it looks the technician was careless in removing the sill (if that was necessary) or wasn't careful when moving/shifting tools/parts used during the install.

Maybe insist that they install new illuminated sills for you for all this headache!

This would be nice, but I'm not looking for anything for free. Although I wouldn't turn that option down if it was offered. I just expect quality service that is performed correctly the first time. I'll write up another post in the 3rd gen RX forum I haven't done yet regarding my wife's 2010 RX350. To sum up, they replaced the wrong rear tail light bulb that was out, I almost lost the front drivers wheel because all 5 lugs weren't torqued down at all and the wheel almost wobbled off up the street, and i paid over $1,000 for all new pads and 60k service only to have to drive to Houston the next day to see me new born nephew and drop off for emergency service visit at Sterling Macall Lexus because they didn't turn (re-surface) the passenger side rear rotor properly when they replaced all the pads.

IMO - i wouldn't return to this dealership for service...its so disheartening to see something like that when you take care of your things and others you trust fail to commit that level of respect for your property.
I think this just might have been my last time. Why I even trusted them after the RX situation in January is beyond me. I just keep thinking surely the next visit will go smooth. I guess I'll just make the extra 40 min drive to Sewell Lexus of Dallas for future service needs.
My remarks are in bold red.
Old 04-08-16, 11:43 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

Totally unacceptable for any Lexus dealer!
Old 04-08-16, 12:15 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

Sometimes its just better to go somewhere else - i always end up going to a dealership about an hour away b/c I dont trust the dealers closer to home from previous experience.
Old 04-08-16, 01:25 PM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PDF84
So I dropped off my car at PP Plano, TX for them to address a squeaky drivers seat and replace the brake fluid at 30k service. My service needs I thought were simple. But it took me three trips back to the dealer to "pick up my car" because it was "ready".

So they perform the 30k brake fluid exchange and to fix my seat they used some leather conditioner Needless to say this didn't fix the squeak that was coming from the bottom seat adjuster and towards to top of the seat back. So I show my service manager Sarah and the her manager Butch. They see the problem after sitting in the seat and hearing it for them selves. So back into a loaner I go. It's now Friday and they wont have the part until Monday so whatever, I was put in a new 2016 loaner RX I've been wanting to drive anyways so I didn't mind.

My car is ready on Tuesday and I go to pick it up for the second time. They have replaced the drivers seat adjuster assembly and I'm told its now squeak free. I'm happy so I rush to the store to pick up my car. Now, the good news is they fixed the lower part of the seat and the squeak is gone... but the bad news is the seat back still squeaking like crazy! So back into the loaner again for a 3rd time.

So, I go back later in the day after I get a call saying the car is completely fixed and she has gone herself and checked to make sure it was fixed this time. I go after work to pick it up and to my amazement the seat is now squeak free and I'm happy as can be after all of this. Turns out there was a defect in the foam surrounding a spring inside the seat back and they replaced it. Why this all couldn't be done in one service visit is beyond me.

That brings me to a week later. I'm hand washing my car yesterday afternoon and as I'm finishing up I open the drivers door to wipe my door seals and notice these scratches that were not there before. I wipe down this area every week when I wash my car. I guess I was so happy that my seat wasn't squeaking anymore when I went the third time to pick it up I didn't check to see if they messed anything else up. I assume the tech didn't take the time to remove these plastic trim pieces when he went to work on the seat. So I've just e-mail the managers with pics and I'm waiting to here back from them.

Does anyone else have this bad of luck with the Park Place Plano Service or is it just me?
Those scratches look like they're from having the seat removed. The area that mounts the seat base to the car have super sharp edges.

I would contact that dealer and have them install new interior trim for you. Both of those pieces are easily removed and can be replaced in minutes.
Old 04-08-16, 03:03 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you sue them for $500K to get a new lamborghini?
Old 04-09-16, 09:38 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

How was your experience at Sterling? Mines always been mixed there. It's never been a great one, just okay at its best.
Old 05-05-16, 01:29 PM
bedivere66
5th Gear

I have had nothing but good experiences with Park Place (Volvo and Lexus). We have bought two Volvos and two Lexus from Park Place. I recently had my car detailed at PP Plano after my 35k oil change and they lost one of my rear floor mats. To make it right, they gave me an entire set of new floor mats. I will keep an eye out from now on just to be sure.
Old 05-05-16, 01:34 PM
bedivere66
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Nothing but gold stars for Park Place Plano. I left with a bad taste in my mouth at Sewell when I was quoted $2300 to repair an item that I later fixed myself for less than $20.
My mother-in-law took her 2010 RX to Sewell for service and they lost one of her head rests. They refused to replace it saying that it was no head rest when she brought it in. I don't think I would trust someone who removes a headrest and lies about it.
Old 05-20-16, 03:07 PM
PDF84
Driver

Default All previous service issues have now been addressed and fixed.

Just wanted to update my thread.

I just got back from picking up my car from Park Place. They fixed my squeaky drivers seat, replaced the b pillar trim they scratched when fixing the seat, replaced my Vossen CVT wheel that was warped and got it warrantied through my road hazard purchase. They also replaced my bent wheel hub, warped rotor was resurfaced and they gave me a free alignment (although I did pay $900 for this repair and labor for the bent hub). They repaired minor hail damage, and removed the painted pinstripe off the car. Since my car was there and had some down time I had my exhaust tips powder coated gloss black too and it turned out fantastic. They performed everything perfect this time the way it should be.

Now I just need to wrap my chrome window trim black and black out the L emblem on the rear trunk lid, de-badge the GS350 emblem and install my Takeda CAI and I will be good to go!

So glad to have my car back, and happy that my dealer addressed all my service issues and concerns properly.
Attached Thumbnails Troubling Service Issue while car was at Park Place Lexus Plano. PICS-fullsizeren21212der.jpg   Troubling Service Issue while car was at Park Place Lexus Plano. PICS-img_1131.jpg  

Last edited by PDF84; 05-20-16 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-20-16, 06:24 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow a lot of people here from Dallas TX , have been servicing my other Lexus vehicles from PP Plano and never had any problems whatsoever.
Old 05-20-16, 07:52 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Glad to hear all was resolved!
Old 05-21-16, 01:31 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
Wow a lot of people here from Dallas TX , have been servicing my other Lexus vehicles from PP Plano and never had any problems whatsoever.
Dallas/FTW is a huge market for Lexus, so it doesn't surprise me.

I've had PP and Sewell both curb my F Sport wheels, and both of them fixed it free of charge. I had to push PP harder (hey service manager, ever hear of Club Lexus forums? The look of horror on his face, lol), but they got it done.

I think the main problem is alot of their valet guys that run cars back and forth are about 5' 4" and can't see over the steering wheel. This makes it tough to park cars with low profile tires without scratching them up.

I prefer Sewell now just to save time/miles. Sometimes I think PP is too big for their own good; every job becomes a conveyor belt process and nobody really pays attention. I say "no wash" and it comes back covered with water spots and a wet trunk lid.

Quick Reply: Troubling Service Issue while car was at Park Place Lexus Plano. PICS