GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Couple of Questions Before Taking Delivery Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 01:04 PM
KJD3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of Questions Before Taking Delivery Tomorrow

My 4GS is suppose to be delivered to the dealership tonight, so I'll pick it up first think in the morning, but I had a couple of questions before everything is finalized.

1. I was looking at the options on the car and didn't see the "cold weather" package. I called my salesman to confirm that I had the heated and ventilated seats and the heated steering wheel, and he said that all 4GS now come with that standard. Can anyone confirm this?

2. Do all MY15 GS's come with RES+ (remote start mainly)?

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of questions, if so I'll post them in a reply.

TIA
Old 06-11-15, 01:41 PM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the heated steering wheel is being offered anymore....I know they show it on the website, but someone here on this site received a 2015 with cold weather package and there was no heated steering wheel
Old 06-11-15, 02:29 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Also demand the following:

1. no detail, wash, etc. clean the car yourself
2. no drilling for front plate
Old 06-11-15, 02:50 PM
duraiaras
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Mine is 4GS with AWD and I didn't see the cold weather package in the options they gave me but I asked for it. The salesman gave the same answer he gave you. Yes. Mine came with HSW and Ventilated seats
2. Mine came with RES+ though it didn't work for couple months. Then the software fix did the trick.

Also, popping is right. The towel the guys used on the car to clean it absolute nonsense. I could see marks here and there. Lousy job.

Good Luck.
Old 06-11-15, 03:00 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Heated and ventilated front seats are standard equipment with the Premium package or greater.
Old 06-11-15, 04:10 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Most GS come with heated/ventilated front seats, but not heated steering wheel. You should check for heated steering wheel before taking delivery. Someone a few weeks ago complained that their Luxury Package GS350 wasnt equipped with heated steering wheel even though the salesman said it would. They didn't notice until after delivery, so they were stuck.

All 2015 come with Enform Remote, which is the new remote start system.
Old 06-11-15, 04:19 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would proceed with caution. I was at that dealership around a month ago and was not impressed with them at all. Their sale prices and trade offer were ludicrous and they appeared to not take the best care of the cars on the lot. Those clowns had a "new" 2013 premium AWD in the showroom with 800 miles on it and still wanted $50k after negotiations.

From my recent car buying experience, it seems that most dealers (even Lexus) are hard on their cars and really don't care about causing scratches and scuffs. Slowly look over the car and if something bothers you, stop the conversation and get a resolution in writing.

It seems like option packages were changed for 2015, so I would verify what features the car has IN PERSON before you sign anything.

There was a recent post on here where a guy was told the car had a heated steering wheel and he didn't realize that it did not until after the sale was completed.

Last edited by sivikvtec; 06-11-15 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-11-15, 04:26 PM
KJD3
Driver

Thanks everyone for the responses! MSRP was $58,3xx I think it had everything but the ML and the forward collision thing. Hopefully it had the ventilated seats, love that feature.

Originally Posted by popping
Also demand the following:

1. no detail, wash, etc. clean the car yourself
2. no drilling for front plate
Already have. I called twice and stopped by to make sure they knew. The car is coming from Ohio, so I am worried that they have drilled the bumper for the front plate, and if they have I won't take delivery of the car. That was part of my negotiations.
Old 06-11-15, 05:39 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I'm not mistaken only AWD cars come with cold weather package that includes heated steering wheel and headlamp washers.

Yes all 15 models come with the RES+

Always everything depends on the MSRP + whats options are on the sticker.
Old 06-11-15, 05:43 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by KJD3
Thanks everyone for the responses! MSRP was $58,3xx I think it had everything but the ML and the forward collision thing. Hopefully it had the ventilated seats, love that feature.
Enjoy the HUD and DRS...
Old 06-11-15, 05:49 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bclexus
Enjoy the HUD and DRS...
I'm willing to bet its AWD, so no DRS
Old 06-11-15, 06:48 PM
KJD3
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
Enjoy the HUD and DRS...
I don't think it has the HUD either, although I hope it does. Is DRS the rear wheel steering?

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
If I'm not mistaken only AWD cars come with cold weather package that includes heated steering wheel and headlamp washers.
I hope so!

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
I'm willing to bet its AWD, so no DRS
Yes, it's AWD.
Old 06-11-15, 07:37 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Have you already settled on a price with the dealer? It seems weird to me that someone would agree to spend such a large sum of money on a car with unknown options.

Unless you are loaded and just don't care about money (good for you if that's the case ) I think the dealer might be about to rip you off.
Old 06-11-15, 08:01 PM
Riverpilot
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a AWD premium package last week, built in April of this year. Does not have heated steering wheel or headlamp washer. (cold weather package)

Seems those options, for premium anyways, were stopped in March of this year. There is a new owners manual dated March with the information updated.

Congrats on the new car
Old 06-11-15, 09:33 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Most likely you should have the heated/ventilated front seats (i haven't seen a GS without it in my recent run around the dealerships).

Seems like option packages changed in the first to second quarter of this year for the heated steering wheel portion. See this thread for more info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...teering-2.html

I think you should def. ask to see all these features before you sign on the dotted line and commit to the vehicle. Your paying a lot of $$$ so you should get what you are asking for and what you are being promised!

Quick Reply: Couple of Questions Before Taking Delivery Tomorrow