How to identify 4GS options, with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-15, 09:00 PM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another cold weather package item is the dual pane front windows

Dual pane window

When I was in the market I wanted the luxury package. Looking at the wheels was very quick way of doing this.

Another way to identify the radar cruise control is the black box on top of the steering column (for the PCS system). Sometimes this was easier to see then the actual button on the steering wheel. Also, I believe this changes the front Lexus emblem as the radar sensors goes behind it.

When did they add the motorized trunk open close? I was surprised that my car was missing this.
Old 10-28-15, 08:43 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fuzzybk
Another cold weather package item is the dual pane front windows

Dual pane window

When I was in the market I wanted the luxury package. Looking at the wheels was very quick way of doing this.

Another way to identify the radar cruise control is the black box on top of the steering column (for the PCS system). Sometimes this was easier to see then the actual button on the steering wheel. Also, I believe this changes the front Lexus emblem as the radar sensors goes behind it.

When did they add the motorized trunk open close? I was surprised that my car was missing this.
Thanks, added your pic. Do you have a pic of the black box on top of the steering column?

I just noticed that some of the pics that I linked to no longer exist. To prevent this for the future, I've downloaded them to my photobucket and linked them there. I also replaced the pics that went missing.

Last edited by grayson73; 10-28-15 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-28-15, 09:13 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Is it possible to get a 2013 GS350 F Sport model with the following options:
  1. Navigation
  2. Mark Levinson Audio
  3. Heads up display
  4. Lane Keep assist - I'm assuming this is the option that has the warning symbols in the rear view mirrors warning you not to change lanes when another car is in an adjacent lane and is too close?
  5. Premium package (rain-sensing wipers, heated-and-ventilated front seats, and a power rear sunshade)
  6. Cold Weather package (a heated steering wheel, headlamp washers, a wiper deicer, and water-repellent front-door glass.

My heavily modified 99 GS400 just got totalled and I'm strongly considering getting the 2013 F-Sport model (ideally with the options noted above, hence the question).

I'd rather not get an AWD model, but if it means sacrificing some of the options above (as in not being available on the rear drive model only), then I'll get the AWD model.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-15, 12:21 PM
Jeevz
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Is it possible to get a 2013 GS350 F Sport model with the following options:
  1. Navigation
  2. Mark Levinson Audio
  3. Heads up display
  4. Lane Keep assist - I'm assuming this is the option that has the warning symbols in the rear view mirrors warning you not to change lanes when another car is in an adjacent lane and is too close?
  5. Premium package (rain-sensing wipers, heated-and-ventilated front seats, and a power rear sunshade)
  6. Cold Weather package (a heated steering wheel, headlamp washers, a wiper deicer, and water-repellent front-door glass.

My heavily modified 99 GS400 just got totalled and I'm strongly considering getting the 2013 F-Sport model (ideally with the options noted above, hence the question).

I'd rather not get an AWD model, but if it means sacrificing some of the options above (as in not being available on the rear drive model only), then I'll get the AWD model.

Thanks!
Yes, except you are talking about blind spot monitors not lane keep assistance. You should also look for rear wheel steering if you want the best handling F. I passed on an F-Sport with those exact options two weeks ago and ended up with a Luxury AWD instead. Personally the aluminum interior on the F was too discoish and I liked the more refined wood of the Luxury model better.
Old 10-28-15, 04:21 PM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grayson73
Thanks, added your pic. Do you have a pic of the black box on top of the steering column?

I just noticed that some of the pics that I linked to no longer exist. To prevent this for the future, I've downloaded them to my photobucket and linked them there. I also replaced the pics that went missing.

Side shot

Front shot

LKA / LDW forward looking camera

Last edited by 1fuzzybk; 10-29-15 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-29-15, 11:05 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1fuzzybk
Side shot

Front shot

LKA / LDW forward looking camera
Thanks, added!
Old 01-19-16, 10:59 AM
airahcaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi -

Do all these apply to 2013+? As there are changes in each year, how do we know what changed or comes anew in the 2014 or 2015?
Old 01-25-16, 02:17 PM
avanchieri
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceptionally well done post

Friend,

This is an exceptionally well done post. I didn't know for certain whether my GS450h had PCS, but given your pictures, i can say it certainly does.

Nicely done.
Old 01-26-16, 03:23 AM
avanchieri
Driver School Candidate

One question about the PCS (pre-collision system) - the owner's manual shows a PCS ON/OFF switch, somewhere under the dashboard, possibly under the steering column. I can't find the PCS ON/OFF button! I've looked under the steering column with a flashlight, but no go. It can't be that hard to find?

Would someone please post a picture of the PCS ON/OFF button, and show where it is located under the steering column?
Old 01-27-16, 03:38 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by avanchieri
One question about the PCS (pre-collision system) - the owner's manual shows a PCS ON/OFF switch, somewhere under the dashboard, possibly under the steering column. I can't find the PCS ON/OFF button! I've looked under the steering column with a flashlight, but no go. It can't be that hard to find?

Would someone please post a picture of the PCS ON/OFF button, and show where it is located under the steering column?
Under the steering column, like right above the brake pedal. Your head needs to basically be on the driver footwell floor to see it. Very comfortable position.
Old 01-31-16, 05:16 PM
debarybob
Driver School Candidate

Default 4GS options photos

Are there any significant differences in the Options photos for a 2013 vs 2014 GS 350 car?

Has anyone tried to retrofit a 2014 with a passenger seat with thigh support froma 2013 model?
Old 02-02-16, 01:01 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Under the steering column, like right above the brake pedal. Your head needs to basically be on the driver footwell floor to see it. Very comfortable position.
Much easier to use your cellphone with the flash on.
Old 02-02-16, 04:25 PM
debarybob
Driver School Candidate

I saw several cars with the pcs button and I'd say it's located at about the 7 o'clock position to the left of the steering wheel. You don't have to stand on your head to see it.
Old 02-03-16, 12:54 AM
thwang99
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow great thread. I never knew I had dual pane windows and heated front seats until I saw this (I bought my car used).
Old 03-02-16, 09:34 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

I started one for the 3GS. If you've owned one, help me complete it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-pictures.html

Quick Reply: How to identify 4GS options, with pictures