GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 GS350 PRICING PLZ chime-in

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 11:30 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all it is hard to compare things. WHen I was looking for a car (not even a month ago), 2013 Lexus GS 350 was #1 on my list. #2 on my list was Acura RLX (but I thought it was pricey and I couldn't afford it) #3 was probably a tie between e350, BWM 540D,12 Audi a6. I was looking in the upper 30's and no more then lower 40's. Anyway I did research and what is important to me is not the car but what options are on the car. I found several Gs350's with options that totaled around $58K new. I wanted the blind spot monitoring, mark levingson, and the luxury package for sure. Anyway I had a 06 Lexus GS 300 AWD modified (up until 3 days ago). Anyway I found several loaded out GS 350's for $37-$38K CPO (CPO is important because I drive a lot). Those were all 2013's. I found some 14's in the lower 40's. Anyway I then started looking at the prices of the RLX's and couldn't believe how cheap they were. To make a long story short, I found a 2014 RLX Advanced with 15K miles with a bug guard on it in Arkansas for $37K and someone beat me to it after I waited 3 days to think about it. Then I kept looking and then I looked on cars.com cargurus.com and found a 2014 RLX advanced for $38,800 in Alabama. I called the number up and got the price down to $36,500. IT had 6,300 miles on it. This is the car I ended up with and still have the temporary tags on. WHen I test drove the car (one in dallas) it was a very bad experience and I said I would never buy the thing. I am not used to a bigger car (hard to keep my elbow on the window and drive with my left arm only. I had to deal with Dallas traffic (I had to drive 250 miles to test drive one). On top of that I drove the base model with no navigation. So I had to think long and hard about this. Bascially that car cost $61,000+ new and it was only a year old and damn near brand new. It has all the tech of any car. I have never seen a lexus loaded out like what a RLX advanced has on it. SO I thought to myself I am not overspending I am basically buying the most expensive Honda accord but I am getting the Flagship of the line. SO even though I had a bad driving experience I got it. The Krell audio is great and I am getting about 29mpg combined. I am having trouble staying in my lane, every day the lane depature thing goes off on me and it is harder to maneuver in the parking lot then the GS. I bought the RLX because you can get a 1 year old one with low miles with more tech on it then the GS. If you get the GS it will be 3 years old (car manufactured around 2012) 20+K miles and not as many options. The RLX I have is 1 year old and 1 month now (manufactured date). Now I got my 2006 lexus totaled I think on Sunday and if I didn't have a car I might have changed my mind and went with a GS because it is more of a status symbol to me over an acura. (if your trying to get a bad *** girl and trying to show off a GS will impress them more then an acura lets say. I know other cars are better but this is between the 2). So this is my opionion on the deal since you are sort of in my position. Here is one pic of the GS with the RLX.

Old 05-22-15, 03:03 PM
freeflight
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
I am a bit on the fence on a used gs350
seems like a CPO with 20k miles is about 36k plus fees, same 53k vehicle brand new is 47 going through fleet at longo lexus.....so pay 40k OTD 3 year old car or a brand new one for 51k OTD......heck I would wait 3 months for the 16 at this point - they will be similarly discounted a month after they hit the dealerships
Good point, in the same boat
Old 05-27-15, 12:10 PM
GS4TEK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krava
First of all it is hard to compare things. WHen I was looking for a car (not even a month ago), 2013 Lexus GS 350 was #1 on my list. #2 on my list was Acura RLX (but I thought it was pricey and I couldn't afford it) #3 was probably a tie between e350, BWM 540D,12 Audi a6. I was looking in the upper 30's and no more then lower 40's. Anyway I did research and what is important to me is not the car but what options are on the car. I found several Gs350's with options that totaled around $58K new. I wanted the blind spot monitoring, mark levingson, and the luxury package for sure. Anyway I had a 06 Lexus GS 300 AWD modified (up until 3 days ago). Anyway I found several loaded out GS 350's for $37-$38K CPO (CPO is important because I drive a lot). Those were all 2013's. I found some 14's in the lower 40's. Anyway I then started looking at the prices of the RLX's and couldn't believe how cheap they were. To make a long story short, I found a 2014 RLX Advanced with 15K miles with a bug guard on it in Arkansas for $37K and someone beat me to it after I waited 3 days to think about it. Then I kept looking and then I looked on cars.com cargurus.com and found a 2014 RLX advanced for $38,800 in Alabama. I called the number up and got the price down to $36,500. IT had 6,300 miles on it. This is the car I ended up with and still have the temporary tags on. WHen I test drove the car (one in dallas) it was a very bad experience and I said I would never buy the thing. I am not used to a bigger car (hard to keep my elbow on the window and drive with my left arm only. I had to deal with Dallas traffic (I had to drive 250 miles to test drive one). On top of that I drove the base model with no navigation. So I had to think long and hard about this. Bascially that car cost $61,000+ new and it was only a year old and damn near brand new. It has all the tech of any car. I have never seen a lexus loaded out like what a RLX advanced has on it. SO I thought to myself I am not overspending I am basically buying the most expensive Honda accord but I am getting the Flagship of the line. SO even though I had a bad driving experience I got it. The Krell audio is great and I am getting about 29mpg combined. I am having trouble staying in my lane, every day the lane depature thing goes off on me and it is harder to maneuver in the parking lot then the GS. I bought the RLX because you can get a 1 year old one with low miles with more tech on it then the GS. If you get the GS it will be 3 years old (car manufactured around 2012) 20+K miles and not as many options. The RLX I have is 1 year old and 1 month now (manufactured date). Now I got my 2006 lexus totaled I think on Sunday and if I didn't have a car I might have changed my mind and went with a GS because it is more of a status symbol to me over an acura. (if your trying to get a bad *** girl and trying to show off a GS will impress them more then an acura lets say. I know other cars are better but this is between the 2). So this is my opionion on the deal since you are sort of in my position. Here is one pic of the GS with the RLX.

Thanks for sharing
as u can see my other posts in the AZ forum, for the money, comfort and everything else I would pick the RLX because I do like the way it drives, the status symbol is not important to me, I only do things i like and dont really care what others are saying, the reasons I post on CL and AZ forum is to get some opinions from members and so far it has been very helpful. I really like my 2011 GS350 AWD but the RLX is bigger and I like the interior too.. If the2014 RLX that I test drove didnt have the suspension issue I may have purchase that car already. As for the 4th gen GS, I havent test drive it yet and Im still considering it but the 2014 would cost more than the RLX.

BTW I really like the color of ur RLX and the GS300 as well, My previuos Acura TL was a basque red pearl color.
I cannot find any 2014 RLX advance in the CHICAGO AREA for under 40's

Last edited by GS4TEK; 05-27-15 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-30-15, 12:59 PM
Kane007
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For reference, about 4 weeks ago I purchased a used 2013 GS350 with Luxury package with premium/cold weather package and blind spot monitor, certified preowned, AWD, and 38,000 miles on it for $34k. I looked for 2 years for the right one on Cars.com and I finally pulled the trigger on this one, purchased at a Lexus dealer. The only feature I dont have in this car that I would have liked was heated rear seats, however I am in love with this car.

Last edited by Kane007; 05-30-15 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-30-15, 04:49 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4TEK
Thanks for sharing
as u can see my other posts in the AZ forum, for the money, comfort and everything else I would pick the RLX because I do like the way it drives, the status symbol is not important to me, I only do things i like and dont really care what others are saying, the reasons I post on CL and AZ forum is to get some opinions from members and so far it has been very helpful. I really like my 2011 GS350 AWD but the RLX is bigger and I like the interior too.. If the2014 RLX that I test drove didnt have the suspension issue I may have purchase that car already. As for the 4th gen GS, I havent test drive it yet and Im still considering it but the 2014 would cost more than the RLX.

BTW I really like the color of ur RLX and the GS300 as well, My previuos Acura TL was a basque red pearl color.
I cannot find any 2014 RLX advance in the CHICAGO AREA for under 40's
interesting. i heard the RLX rides like a dog...
Old 05-31-15, 07:07 AM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kane007
For reference, about 4 weeks ago I purchased a used 2013 GS350 with Luxury package with premium/cold weather package and blind spot monitor, certified preowned, AWD, and 38,000 miles on it for $34k. I looked for 2 years for the right one on Cars.com and I finally pulled the trigger on this one, purchased at a Lexus dealer. The only feature I dont have in this car that I would have liked was heated rear seats, however I am in love with this car.
If it doesn't have heated rear seats, it's not a luxury package.