GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

15/350 gs cold weather pkge/ no heated steering

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-15, 07:37 AM
Captdom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15/350 gs cold weather pkge/ no heated steering

Bought a 2015 350 gs. AWD Premium pkge, cold weather pkge which I was told and accordind to all lexus literature comes with heated steering wheel. I live in new england(cold winters). No heated steering wheel when I receive car -and lexus explanation is they can change their documentation at any time without notice. Are you kiddind me.? Is their anyone else that has experienced a similar problem.
Old 05-10-15, 09:51 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Is there a button for it? It's above the coin box left side of steering wheel.
Old 05-10-15, 11:04 AM
Captdom
Driver School Candidate

Thanks,no button, lexus reply is that cold weather package no longer comes with heated steering wheel,huh?When I ordered car cold weather pkge documentation stated it came with heated steering. Gs brochure says heated steering. Pickup car ,no heated steering.Lexus responds they have the right to change pkges and documentation without notice. Are they kidding?
Old 05-10-15, 11:21 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Captdom
Thanks,no button, lexus reply is that cold weather package no longer comes with heated steering wheel,huh?When I ordered car cold weather pkge documentation stated it came with heated steering. Gs brochure says heated steering. Pickup car ,no heated steering.Lexus responds they have the right to change pkges and documentation without notice. Are they kidding?
That's not good. Did you order the car, or have it brought in from a different dealer? I'd be upset too, thinking the heated steering wheel would come standard with the cold weather package - as it had in the past. That said, if you test drove the car and checked it out before actually buying the car it sounds like you really do not have any choice but to accept what Lexus is telling you that they have the right to change what is in the packages. But, I could see how this missing feature that is 'expected' to be in the vehicle could have been overlooked by the customer when checking out the car before buying. Again, that's not good...and I'd be upset too...
Old 05-10-15, 12:13 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Do you still have your window sticker? What's listed as included in the cold weather package? And how much extra was that package? I'm wondering if your package price is different from what others here have paid with the included heated wheel. One more can you tell us the build date, maybe Lexus made a change after a certain production date that someone at Lexus corp could confirm????????
Old 05-10-15, 12:24 PM
Captdom
Driver School Candidate

Build date 3/15. Received early may. Window sticker does not show heated steering wheel as part
of cold weather package. I was told it was. Apparently that changed. Some cold weather package?
Old 05-10-15, 12:29 PM
Captdom
Driver School Candidate

Don't get me wrong,I am liking the car in every way . Just frustrating that living in new england and being told and expecting that it would come with it and having lexus change the packages unexpectedly is disappointing in a 50.000 plus vehicle. Why they would remove it from a cold weather package is also confusing to me.
Old 05-10-15, 12:40 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

The heated steering wheel is in the Luxury Package. The Cold Package is:

High-intensity interior heater
Windshield-wiper deicer
Water-repellent front-door glass
Headlamp washers

I'm so sorry for you, man.
Old 05-10-15, 12:45 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by damtachoa
The heated steering wheel is in the Luxury Package. The Cold Package is:

High-intensity interior heater
Windshield-wiper deicer
Water-repellent front-door glass
Headlamp washers

I'm so sorry for you, man.
So, are you saying that a heated steering wheel has never been in the Cold Weather package?
Old 05-10-15, 12:46 PM
Captdom
Driver School Candidate

So I guess lexus plays a shell game with the options you get within each package. Disregard what any prior written documention says as they are not responsible if things change. Nice! Maybe I will get a pair of gloves from the dealership. Probably not
Old 05-10-15, 12:49 PM
Captdom
Driver School Candidate

Heated steering wheel is listed in lexus brochures as part of the cold weather package. Apparently they removed it from package but advertise it as part of package.
Old 05-10-15, 12:55 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Captdom
Heated steering wheel is listed in lexus brochures as part of the cold weather package. Apparently they removed it from package but advertise it as part of package.
So, I'm guessing the price of the cold weather package (without the heated steering wheel) dropped in price from what it used to be when it included the heated steering wheel, right? How much did the package drop in price? How much is the adder for just the heated steering wheel as a separate add-on (if it is even available as a separate add-on)?
Old 05-10-15, 12:55 PM
kerplunk38
Rookie

I don't believe the heated steering wheel ever came with the Cold Weather Package but I could be wrong. It comes with the F-Sport Package when you get AWD, and the Luxury Package when you get AWD.

EDIT: I stand corrected. The Heated Steering Wheel was part of the Cold Weather Package in 2014: Click Here
Old 05-10-15, 01:01 PM
Captdom
Driver School Candidate

From 2015 350 gs brochure
Old 05-10-15, 01:09 PM
jkeller
Advanced

brochure is also saying lux package comes with 18 inch split 9 spoke wheels, There was a lengthy discussion a couple of months back when Lexus made a production change to 19 inch rims on lux package cars. I'd be bummed too if I was you. Pretty easy to not notice the missing heated wheel until you got home.

Quick Reply: 15/350 gs cold weather pkge/ no heated steering