GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Best Deal I see around me anything wrong with it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-15, 06:07 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

krava Couple additional things from my experience.

CPO car...
Doesn't mean it's never been in accident, most of minor ones never get reported to Autocheck or CarFax. Dealership decides if certify car or not depends of trade in price they got it for, condition etc. It cost about 2 -2.5K for them to get it CPO. 150 check points is not very very great, checking break pads, rotors, drivable condition etc.
I bought 2011 Acura TL SH-AWD as CPO back in 2012 with only 8K miles... after 1 month I found out that right front side was repaired including hood, fender & bumper sanded, bonded and painted, I was able to find this out when took front bumper and all plastic pieces off for oem lip kit installation. I got very disappointed and upset...

2014 Acura RLX
I bought one with advanced package from iaai.com and repaired, drove for couple months. After some research I found that RLX has huge depreciation due to low volume units sale, sold it next month. (hate loosing huge money on cars) It is a great car, don't take me wrong but $20K off MSRP should get you start thinking "Why?...:" I had a hard time to sell it and dropped price big time, I wasn't in negative compare how much it cost me anyway...

Also, one of my buddies working in paint body shop, he says that we constantly getting even brand new cars for paint job, some of them get deep scratches during delivery. It's very hard to buy a car with good history.

Best advise would be find some mechanic or whoever knows or working on cars and have him check vehicle before you commit to buy it even if it's going to cost you $100+...

Last edited by shurik74; 04-04-15 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-04-15, 06:46 PM
suprwonton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

problem too is that even if the car was in scraped in a parking lot but the owner called it in, it shows up as an accident. best is to have a 3rd party mechanic look over the car if you are worried or suspicious.
Old 04-04-15, 06:48 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by suprwonton
problem too is that even if the car was in scraped in a parking lot but the owner called it in, it shows up as an accident. best is to have a 3rd party mechanic look over the car if you are worried or suspicious.
Not always shows up on VIN report... I guess depends on state laws, not in CA though
Old 04-04-15, 07:24 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by krava
I am not going to, the last 2 cars I got were accident cars. One I bought from a lexus dealership and it had massive repairs done to it at that dealership but they didn't tell me until I got on a bus 13 hours to get there and had to get it or I was stranded.
So how did the car end up working out? Did you ever see any effects of the accident or was it repaired properly?
Old 04-04-15, 10:01 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2000 GS400 in 2003 for $26,000 with 70+K miles on it from mugunstat lexus in Mossuri (bad spelling all around) That one was in a major roll over and fixed at lexus, didn't see anything wrong with it at all during the 4 months I had it before the cops got it. I bought the 2006 lexus in 2009 and what my car does now is eat the tires pretty bad even with allignments. (I have$1000+ tires all the time Right now I have Pirelli P7 19" tires on it which has a tread rating of 700) It also pulls to the side. From the day I have had it, you can feel the AC blow out of the top where the defroster is. If you don't turn on the AC or heat the thing will fog up in the middle so it has to be on at all times. RIght now Toyota messed up my AC and broke a piece that controls shifting the outside and inside airs. It is turned to let the outside air in at all times. The only positive is that I have only had 1 repair.
I have more problems them most. My deal I am working on my credit. In August I looked into buying a car and I was a GHOST. My credit score was a 0. Nothing bad or good in 15 years. I got stuff going and then I raised it to 705 2 months ago and still going. The problem is a CC company contacted me about a bill 15 years ago and saying they are going to sue me or whatever and make my credit bad or something. Also a crooked as paster guy that works at a radio station kept some money instead of giving it to his company and now the company says I owe them for radio ads and they are going to put that $500 against the company's credit or maybe my credit even though I paid the bill. So my credit might be going back down and I need to act fast maybe or I have to pay cash again. Both of these cars I paid cash for. I haven't financed a car since 2001. I hate throwing a lot of money away on a car when I could be keeping it close to me and just paying little chunks at a time out to them.