GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

14 gs350f warped front brakes?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 10:43 PM
MidasTouch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 14 gs350f warped front brakes?!?!

So, Iv got 6200miles on my 14 gs350f which is two trips back and forth from florida when I bought it 13mo ago and driving it basically to the grocery store and in the rain when I dont want to drive the nicer cars.

Anyways, lexus must use some chinese bargin bin ebay bull**** quality brake rotors (even tho they are 2pc 4pots) my front rotors are warped and obviously getting worse and worse. Theres no way im going to pay to have this fixed on such a new car (it is 2year lease btw) I took my car in for the 5k at the local dealer to fix rattling speakers and some other annoying broken whinning steering wheel etc and they gave me **** about there was nothing wrong with the car even tho I had been dealing with the problems for the last 2k miles and didnt have the time to drop the car off, they ended up fixing everything I found out since plastic pieces inside were obviously changes as well as speaker covers. so i obviously need to drive 1hr+ to another lexus dealer that isnt a bunch of morons.

So, is lexus going to give me **** about the warped front rotors? If I put another tank of gas or two thru it, its going to be at the level the whole thing is shaking like a harley when on the brakes. I know thats what other dealers like maserati want to happen before they fix transmissions, they want it BROKEN completely or its not an issues if its a "minor" problem.

Help please.

p.s: dont bother posting if your going to ask about why I "think" its warped rotors or how have I driven the car. Im actually a professional racecar driver and this was bought as a carefree luxury car, no way in hell would I try to hump this thing around the track.
Old 03-24-15, 10:53 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So, what's the ask here? You take it to the dealer, ride with the mechanic to test and prove it before you give them the keys and hit the waiting room. It's clearly still under warranty.

It's puzzling that you can feel warped rotors in a 2pc configuration. Half the reason they split them is to dissipate heat, and the other half is to decouple them from the knuckle so vibration stays out of your feet/steering wheel.

Roll the dice man. The dealership will either test with you and get it fixed, or give you a headache, in which case you take it to another dealer. Brake problems on the GS350 F Sport are not a new thing but most dealers have been quick and easy to deal with and they know the part numbers and what fixes what. Good luck to ya.
Old 04-06-15, 12:17 PM
HSofGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't that why there are the big wind tunnels from the front grill...to cool the front rotors?