GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Question about fogs on gs fsport

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-15, 06:57 AM
Bigzgs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about fogs on gs fsport

I recently purchased a Gs F sport on 2/26/15,kinda bummed out with the no fog option.Here's my question tho ,has anyone used these led fogs with DRL from?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-White-High-Power-CREE-LED-DRL-Fog-Lights-Assembly-Kit-For-Lexus-Toyota-Scion-/141401459737?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item20ec2f0c19&vxp=mtr

If so hows does the connection for the DRL work? does NIGELS harness work for this option? if not what can be done?
Old 05-02-15, 10:02 AM
jaime1982
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the 15 Gs F-sport the other day and wifey has asked about adding fogs. Anyone added them?
Old 05-02-15, 11:18 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jaime1982
I just got the 15 Gs F-sport the other day and wifey has asked about adding fogs. Anyone added them?
Yes. There is an excellent write up by a fellow CL member. If you search the forum, you will find good stuff.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...em-switch.html
Old 05-03-15, 10:55 AM
Jkenny
Rookie

Just don't order them from Nigel at JDM parts, terrible service- worst I've experienced on a web order!
Old 05-03-15, 10:58 AM
sonyfan
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkenny
Just don't order them from Nigel at JDM parts, terrible service- worst I've experienced on a web order!
Terrible service? How come?
Old 05-03-15, 11:28 AM
Jkenny
Rookie

Originally Posted by sonyfan
Terrible service? How come?
Placed order mid May after many questions and was assured everything was in stock. Requested certain shipping details that were agreed to, that didn't happen. Paid for 3 day shipping, after placing order never heard a work for 2 weeks ,after a couple private messages and numerous emails, money was takin out of my account day after I placed my order. After waiting another week and a half I got a shipping notice but it was never shipped the way we agreed. Finally received my order and it was incomplete, stalk missing. Contacted him right away and I was told that might have shipped seperatly and he would get me a tracking number, never happened! I've been waiting for a response to numerous emails about the tracking number and what is the status of my Stalk and the Guy doesn't have the decency to respond. I've ordered so many parts off the internet for all my vehicals and have never had an experience like this one. After a little more research I noticed he doesn't even list a contact phone number, now I know why. I think there should be a certain criteria to be a vendor on Club Lexus and this guy should be removed! Do yourself a favor and order elsewhere!
Old 05-03-15, 06:01 PM
sonyfan
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkenny
Placed order mid May after many questions and was assured everything was in stock. Requested certain shipping details that were agreed to, that didn't happen. Paid for 3 day shipping, after placing order never heard a work for 2 weeks ,after a couple private messages and numerous emails, money was takin out of my account day after I placed my order. After waiting another week and a half I got a shipping notice but it was never shipped the way we agreed. Finally received my order and it was incomplete, stalk missing. Contacted him right away and I was told that might have shipped seperatly and he would get me a tracking number, never happened! I've been waiting for a response to numerous emails about the tracking number and what is the status of my Stalk and the Guy doesn't have the decency to respond. I've ordered so many parts off the internet for all my vehicals and have never had an experience like this one. After a little more research I noticed he doesn't even list a contact phone number, now I know why. I think there should be a certain criteria to be a vendor on Club Lexus and this guy should be removed! Do yourself a favor and order elsewhere!
Thanks! Will check with another vendor
Old 05-03-15, 10:42 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigzgs
I recently purchased a Gs F sport on 2/26/15,kinda bummed out with the no fog option.Here's my question tho ,has anyone used these led fogs with DRL from?
HID White High Power CREE LED DRL Fog Lights Assembly Kit for Lexus Toyota Scion | eBay

If so hows does the connection for the DRL work? does NIGELS harness work for this option? if not what can be done?
wow, pretty cool that it has DRL and FOG option.
Old 05-04-15, 12:49 AM
dangtheheo
Rookie

hmm. i've placed a few orders with NigelJDM ... didn't experience any issues at all.

anyways, i did order one of the fog light kits from him and installed everything myself. i opted to just have the fogs turn on with my headlights automatically, so i tapped the source and relay into the big power wire from the headlight harness.
Old 05-04-15, 06:02 PM
jaime1982
Rookie

Back on topic. Gonna rethink adding the fogs, are they purely a cosmetic thing or will they actually help out. All my trucks and cars have had fogs so this is the first time we havent had them and cant say if i need them one way or the other. Cant say the drive is too bad either ( I have kinda bad sight at night).

Do all the F-sport models have dynamic auto-leveling?
Old 05-05-15, 10:45 PM
johnphan79
Rookie

Originally Posted by jaime1982
Back on topic. Gonna rethink adding the fogs, are they purely a cosmetic thing or will they actually help out. All my trucks and cars have had fogs so this is the first time we havent had them and cant say if i need them one way or the other. Cant say the drive is too bad either ( I have kinda bad sight at night).

Do all the F-sport models have dynamic auto-leveling?
Hi

Just added 5K LED Fog lamp to my 13" GS F Sport about 2 month ago.

After higher my lowbeam a bit and adding the Fog lamp is much better. At one point i was driving with just my LED Fog ON.

My Fog light always ON . It's LED and I do have 10 yrs warranty from the manufacture. So, why not ;-)

I connected my Fog lamp remote wire to my aftermarket Amplifier remote signal. So, it ON when my car is ON and it OFF when the car is OFF.

Haven't have any issue.

Good luck....
Old 05-30-16, 08:56 AM
rmklotz4
Driver School Candidate

Johnphan - Did you purchase your kit from Nigel @ JDM parts?

I am also instersted in adding fogs to my 2013 AWD Fsport...any instructions on how you did your install? I don't see the need to have the control on the stalk...i would want to just tap into main power like you are describing...
Old 05-30-16, 01:10 PM
350GSAWD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I purchased projector style fog kit that came preinstalled in the f sport grills.

Pro: projector glass lens that minics HID in white (or yellow), clean install, no extra wiring under hood or interior button, can be easily reversed.

Con: turns on with headlights (manual or auto), can be too bright, installation instructions sucked so took longer than expected.
Old 05-30-16, 05:18 PM
rmklotz4
Driver School Candidate

Do you have a link to those? Did they come with easy install instructions?
Old 05-30-16, 05:19 PM
rmklotz4
Driver School Candidate

oops - just saw your comment about install instructions sucking...could you potentially share a link to purchase and your experience with the install? I am not super knowledgeable with my cars...but want to try to DIY

Quick Reply: Question about fogs on gs fsport