Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't forget the GS450h
Old 03-18-15, 11:25 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

From the list that you provided, i personally would go with the Hyundai Genesis 5.0. Just take the Hyundai name out and look at the car for what it is. It is extremely comfortable, has great interior space, drives very well and the new look is awesome. I too was shopping for a Genesis, and i almost got it over the GS. Kinda regret that i didnt. Also it is quite luxurious, not by Lexus standards but it is not basic or cheap at all. I would call it luxurious. Also they have good residual value.
Old 03-18-15, 11:55 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I drove a Hyundai Sante Fe in Florida last week as a rental and it was by far the flimsiest SUV I have ever drive. Such POS korean quality. Its so bad that the car can't even keep in the damn lane without constant correction above 80 mph and felt like a piece of lego inside. Forget Hyundai, you are not doing yourself a favor. The 5.0 engine is a a piece of crap too noisy and unrefined. Hyundai is not even close to Lexus. People got to look at the big picture, especially you PirelliGS, you traded the GS for a cheap ES which does not look great but drives nice and is luxurious. Not everyone want a cushy luxo cruising car. The GS is a far superior car and I have drive the Genesis and Equis and the GS feels far superior and more surefooted. Heck even the ES is better the the Hyundai cars!!!!!!

To the OP, the GS is far superior and you got a great car. I wouldn't mind getting a 2016 if you can extend the lease to see if they update the front.

Last edited by Rexus300; 03-18-15 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 12:38 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

well the Genesis was one of his options so maybe he wants a luxurious cruiser. And just because you drove a Hyundai Santa Fe that does not give you any insight about Hyundai. Its like driving an Audi Q3 and saying an A6 sucks. Doesnt make sense really. You cant compare the build quality of a $20,000 car to $50,000 car. I know you are a little bias with the GS because you have one, but Ive happen to have driven a Hyundai Genesis and i would take that car over a 5 series , an E Class and a GS. The new refresh was not out when i got the GS. Just my honest opinion. Yes the GS is a tremendous car we all know that, but being a Lexus owner doesnt entail always siding with Lexus brands over other when you feel the other one is a little bit better. Also the 5.0 V8 is smooth like an S Class, hardly any noise or lag. Can't agree with you on this.

Last edited by PirelliRC; 03-19-15 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-19-15, 03:11 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Go for the BMW 535d worth every penny and you will enjoy it with the torque.
Old 03-19-15, 06:18 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, that's my mentality too. but lexus is so aggressive on the gs lease deals that gs lease is generally at least 100 bucks cheaper than similar e or 5 so it makes it a more compelling case. if lexus carries similar lease deals now on the gs like they did few years ago? i am pretty sure i would be driving a e or 5 now
They need to move the 15s before the refreshed 16s hit the lot
Old 03-19-15, 06:21 AM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Forget the 5. Its unreliable. I wasted 1 year of my life with the latest generation 2011 BMW 5 in the shop for vibration and wandering due to (cheap bending bmws rims, runflat tires which i replaced with standard michelins, crappy steering system, gear shifter that won't go into drive, etc), I could spend few hours talking about how crappy this car was and how amazing the GS was.
The Audi A7 lease is $890 a month, 0 down 12k a month FYI. Its much better handling and riding car then the BMW or Lexus Ls. Consider it.

A6 is boring overral. My brother has a 2014 A6 TDi but I fell asleep looking at it and driving it. Nothing like our A7 or A8L.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the A6 and A7 have supposedly similar chassis, tuning, engines, etc. The only difference is the styling of the sheetmetal. So why would the A6 make you fall asleep driving it but you got an A7, when it's exactly the same car (only less sexy on the outside)? Unless I'm mistaken of course, but that's what I've been reading in all the car mags / sites is that there is no difference at all. Maybe because it was the turbodiesel your brtoher has and not the 3.0. But a 3.0 gasser superchared A6 would be the same as a 3.0 A7 in terms of performance and handling. The RS7 on the other hand......

Last edited by flippd; 03-19-15 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-19-15, 06:31 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
If you're leasing and you don't do a lot of miles for the daily commute, how about a Tesla? Not a P85D but a smaller one with less power would be sufficient, and you'll never have to worry about fuel consumption either.
I'm not sure what kind of lease deals they have. The other issue is I need to be able to drive it on trips, and the comfort level isn't there yet with the charging infrastructure for me to do that.

Originally Posted by rominl
i am surprised, i find the 5 series rear cabin space more than the gs
Its strange, the 5 has more knee room, but less foot space. Thats the 5 without the multi-contour seats so it'll depend on how it is with them too,

The Audi A7 lease is $890 a month, 0 down 12k a month FYI. Its much better handling and riding car then the BMW or Lexus Ls. Consider it.
Thats a good lease for an A7, gives me hope that maybe their leases are a little better now. I've driven the A7, rides better than the 5 series maybe but definitely not the LS.

A6 is boring overral.
So am I lol

Originally Posted by Tom450
Don't forget the GS450h
I don't like the way hybrids drive, and I'm not a fan of the bamboo, so the 450h isn't on my list.

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
From the list that you provided, i personally would go with the Hyundai Genesis 5.0. Just take the Hyundai name out and look at the car for what it is. It is extremely comfortable, has great interior space, drives very well and the new look is awesome. I too was shopping for a Genesis, and i almost got it over the GS. Kinda regret that i didnt. Also it is quite luxurious, not by Lexus standards but it is not basic or cheap at all. I would call it luxurious. Also they have good residual value.
All true...

I drove a Hyundai Sante Fe in Florida last week as a rental and it was by far the flimsiest SUV I have ever drive. Such POS korean quality. Its so bad that the car can't even keep in the damn lane without constant correction above 80 mph and felt like a piece of lego inside. Forget Hyundai, you are not doing yourself a favor. The 5.0 engine is a a piece of crap too noisy and unrefined. Hyundai is not even close to Lexus. People got to look at the big picture, especially you PirelliGS, you traded the GS for a cheap ES which does not look great but drives nice and is luxurious. Not everyone want a cushy luxo cruising car. The GS is a far superior car and I have drive the Genesis and Equis and the GS feels far superior and more surefooted. Heck even the ES is better the the Hyundai cars!!!!!!
This is full of just flat out untrue statements about the Genesis. You obviously have not driven a new Genesis if you think the 5.0 V8 noisy and unrefined, and to say that an ES is a better car than a Genesis is completely absurd. The Genesis absolutely blows the ES away. The GS is another story.

I've had5 Lexus vehicles, two LS', two ES's and the GS. I would put the refinement of the Genesis' ride and drive up against any of them. Its that good. From a looks, attention to detail perspective it may be another matter, but where the Genesis really impresses is when you drive it.

Not kidding, if it weren't for the badge...the Genesis would be the car.

Not everyone want a cushy luxo cruising car.
True...but *I* do...and this is a thread about *my* car selection process. I don't want a land barge, but the GS I have now is about as sporty as I want to go.

Originally Posted by flippd
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the A6 and A7 have supposedly similar chassis, tuning, engines, etc. The only difference is the styling of the sheetmetal. So why would the A6 make you fall asleep driving it but you got an A7, when it's exactly the same car (only less sexy on the outside)? Unless I'm mistaken of course, but that's what I've been reading in all the car mags / sites is that there is no difference at all.
When I drove them back to back I found them very similar. The A7 is a little sportier, but on the whole they have bigger wheels and they feel a little racier because of the fastback design and the shorter hood.

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-19-15 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-19-15, 08:39 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Screw it!! Get a truck lmao

I'm not really feelin the 5 series. Unless it's an M5 of course but for that coin I'd still probably pick something else.
Old 03-19-15, 11:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
They need to move the 15s before the refreshed 16s hit the lot
i doubt they have to do that 3-4 months into the 15 MY and still good 6 months before 16 is out. over the past year and a half gs has had pretty good lease deals in general
Old 03-19-15, 01:53 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, you got a one owner (yourself even) 2013 GS350 F Sport that is like brand new for $34.5 to consider… sounds like a pretty dang good bargain to me..

I may very well purchase my 2015 when the time comes, it just does everything I want it to do and is about as close to automotive perfection I have ever experienced!
Old 03-19-15, 02:41 PM
2014GS350F
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at all of those same cars before deciding on the GS and it came down to the A6 and GS. Lexus reliability was the big deciding factor for me but if you're leasing that's not really an issue.
Old 03-19-15, 02:55 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I'm betting Steve really wants a little bigger car, especially the back seat...now that he has twins added to his family.
Old 03-19-15, 02:56 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flippd
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the A6 and A7 have supposedly similar chassis, tuning, engines, etc. The only difference is the styling of the sheetmetal. So why would the A6 make you fall asleep driving it but you got an A7, when it's exactly the same car (only less sexy on the outside)? Unless I'm mistaken of course, but that's what I've been reading in all the car mags / sites is that there is no difference at all. Maybe because it was the turbodiesel your brtoher has and not the 3.0. But a 3.0 gasser superchared A6 would be the same as a 3.0 A7 in terms of performance and handling. The RS7 on the other hand......
Its the look that makes me sleepy lol. The A7 looks better. The A6 TDI is super torquey but the steering is numb and on the lighter side. The A7 steering is heavier and more direct then the A6. The car feels more stable in turn due to wider chassis with the sports package compared to the A6. Also, the A7 is smoother over the bumps then the A6 with similar sport package set up. Its a great balance.
Old 03-19-15, 02:58 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I'm not sure what kind of lease deals they have. The other issue is I need to be able to drive it on trips, and the comfort level isn't there yet with the charging infrastructure for me to do that.

Its strange, the 5 has more knee room, but less foot space. Thats the 5 without the multi-contour seats so it'll depend on how it is with them too,

Thats a good lease for an A7, gives me hope that maybe their leases are a little better now. I've driven the A7, rides better than the 5 series maybe but definitely not the LS.

So am I lol

I don't like the way hybrids drive, and I'm not a fan of the bamboo, so the 450h isn't on my list.

All true...

This is full of just flat out untrue statements about the Genesis. You obviously have not driven a new Genesis if you think the 5.0 V8 noisy and unrefined, and to say that an ES is a better car than a Genesis is completely absurd. The Genesis absolutely blows the ES away. The GS is another story.

I've had5 Lexus vehicles, two LS', two ES's and the GS. I would put the refinement of the Genesis' ride and drive up against any of them. Its that good. From a looks, attention to detail perspective it may be another matter, but where the Genesis really impresses is when you drive it.

Not kidding, if it weren't for the badge...the Genesis would be the car.

True...but *I* do...and this is a thread about *my* car selection process. I don't want a land barge, but the GS I have now is about as sporty as I want to go.

When I drove them back to back I found them very similar. The A7 is a little sportier, but on the whole they have bigger wheels and they feel a little racier because of the fastback design and the shorter hood.
Sorry if I offended you. It was not my intention. The Hyundai servicing is a pain according to my friends. They had the prior Genesis and would not consider the new one due to this. Not many people are buying the newer Genesis in this area. The GS Is better then the Genesis but of course the Genesis is better then the ES, forgive my statement.

At the end its what makes you happy that is important. Keep me posted.

Quick Reply: Operation replace the 4GS...or don't...the search begins