GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Our Lexus Family Just Got Bigger...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-15, 12:24 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksun
Why are you taking the bus to work. I thought only poor people commute by bus in SoFla. Did you lose your license because of too points or something?
Yup, you can only drive at 150 mph so many times before they take your license and beat you with it. But, no, it is a shuttle service dedicated for the working class that takes professionals who live in Broward (county north of Dade) and drops them in downtown Miami. It saves a ton of money on toll( up to $10+ each way depending on congestion), wear and tear, parking fees which are absurd downtown, ect. Yes, mainly people of a lower economic status take public transportation here in south Florida but a bus full of business execs, lawyers, law enforcement, and CEOs is a bit different lol.
Old 03-12-15, 12:54 PM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

I take the bus/train to work everyday. Saves me from the headaches and $20+ a day just for parking.
Old 03-12-15, 11:54 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pick up! It may sound crazy, but I'm a huge fan of the CT. I love the size and the I find the cockpit/seats to be ergonomic and pleasing - though I've never driven one. I'd get one of these before I'd pick up an IS, I think. It may even be my next car if I don't buy out the GS. Well done.
Old 03-13-15, 08:46 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
Nice pick up! It may sound crazy, but I'm a huge fan of the CT. I love the size and the I find the cockpit/seats to be ergonomic and pleasing - though I've never driven one. I'd get one of these before I'd pick up an IS, I think. It may even be my next car if I don't buy out the GS. Well done.
Thanks man! Yes it is surprisingly nice. and the seats aren't as squeezed up like the IS!

Okay, more of my reviews as we go along...

The lowest MPG I got was 41! and I was playing with the Sport mode and punching it quite often and I found the computer calculation and my actual calculation to be pretty accurate, maybe 0.5 MPG difference, but it's very close.

Whenever I'm stuck in traffic next to big trucks and SUV's I'm like this looking at them left and right the whole time cause I'm running on battery while theirs drink gas like there is no tomorrow.

I also found that I'm using my horn more often on this car than the GS, in addition to getting tailgated more. Idiots just cut me off very close to my front bumper like I didn't exist! But this car has the same horn as the GS so one tap and u could send the fool to emergency room with a heart attack.

Also trunk space is very small and kind of useless if u need to carry a lot of stuff. There is a second level storage compartment just above the spare tire, below the main cargo area but that's more for small stuff like water bottles and some tools.

The tachometer can change to hybrid indicators while in Eco and Normal mode and changes to a real tach with engine RPM when in Sport mode.

It does have full all-auto windows and slow closing front windows like the GS but normal speed for the rears (GS all 4 slow close I think) and it has a sunglasses holder while the GS doesn't.

And last but not least, the passing power. It's quite impressive for what it is, this thing can move at high speed and u can pass slow drivers with ease. From a dig it's gutless however, while the GS just takes off like a jet.

Now this makes me wonder, if they can make this little car pulls at high speed, what is it like in the GS 450h and LS 600h? Those cars must have insane pulls.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 03-13-15 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-13-15, 09:09 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

looks good.. tax break lol