GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-15, 08:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???

I've seen the pics posted by a couple of owners. I also saw an Atomic Silver GS F Sport on the road the other day and it was unbelievable. Even the Atomic Silver ISs stand out. Am I the only one that thinks the color looks great on the GS or are there just not that many to be had? IMHO, Atomic Silver/Cabernet would be the ultimate combo.
The following users liked this post:
LEXNLG (10-01-20)
Old 01-31-15, 08:11 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 397 Likes on 241 Posts

No your not, it won the color of the year award in japan. Plus that's the one I was looking for and there weren't any but the deal i got was incredible so I went with LP still happy

Last edited by Boomin; 01-31-15 at 08:14 PM.
LEXNLG (10-01-20)
Old 01-31-15, 08:14 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

LP is a great color too. I had one. It always looks good, even dirty.
LEXNLG (10-01-20)
Old 02-01-15, 07:00 AM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also think AS/Cabarnet is the best color combo, but I'm biased.
LEXNLG (10-01-20)
Old 02-01-15, 09:18 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I've seen the pics posted by a couple of owners. I also saw an Atomic Silver GS F Sport on the road the other day and it was unbelievable. Even the Atomic Silver ISs stand out. Am I the only one that thinks the color looks great on the GS or are there just not that many to be had? IMHO, Atomic Silver/Cabernet would be the ultimate combo.
I got an '15 AS 3IS after my '13 SP 4GS and I absolutely love the color

Not dark like a charcoal or light like the standard silver
Old 02-01-15, 01:32 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I love atomic silver. If I were to get a new one thats probably what I would get.
Old 02-01-15, 01:45 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

We'll probably start seeing more since it only became available on the '15 models. It looks great on the IS, but I haven't seen a GS with it yet.

Ed
Old 02-07-15, 04:13 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 63 Posts

I own one. I was looking at purchasing a 2014 in late Oct to save some bucks, but when I saw the Atomic Silver car sitting on the lot (they just got it in), I thought - screw the 2014, I want the Atomic Silver. Everyone that sees it likes the color. I still got a decent deal because it was the end of the month and they needed a sale.
MOB561 (10-10-20)
Old 02-07-15, 06:54 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I parked next to an IS, Atomic Silver, and noticed how beautiful it was. Mine was just silver, silver, and thought it was a special order or specific to that model. Lexus should choose and make all silver atomic. Why have multiple versions of silver. I agree I would have liked the AS better however I'm still satisfied with my plain old silver F-Sport.
Old 02-07-15, 03:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by coach1
Lexus should choose and make all silver atomic. Why have multiple versions of silver.
I don't agree with that. Atomic Silver is pretty different that Liquid Platinum. It has a bronzish hue to it that I like too, but not everybody would. Lots of car companies have multiple silvers.

More options are always better than less.
Old 02-07-15, 05:21 PM
HDEddie1
Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
Well they're popular here (west cost) as I googled about a dozen Lexus dealers inventory and most had at least one Atomic Silver GS. Problem for me was that they're either black or cabernet interiors for the F Sport. Not that black or cabernet is bad, but I was looking for the FLAXEN interior. Once seeing it in the catalogue and the online configurator I was smitten. But NONE to be found on the west coast. I just think Atomic Silver complements the flaxen interior and vice versa.

But alas, seeing an ATOMIC Silver in person, parked next to a Nebula Gray and Liquid Platinum, I just caved! I knew I was going home with that puppy that day...I just signed on the dotted line, black interior and all. Forgot about even custom ordering.
It seems like custom orders are 4-6 months out, so Atomic silver with black will have to do.
And yes...it is a unique color. It looks different in bright light, at dusk, or under garage lighting.

And maybe its just me but the color just seems to accentuate the subtle lines of the car (in a nice way). Anyone even thinking about a silver or gray 2015 GS owes it to themselves to park a Nebula, Platinum, and Atomic side by side...you'll see what I mean.

Wish I could show you the car with better pic but I only know how to attach this tiny thumbnail pic:
Attached Thumbnails Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???-img_1205.jpg  
LEXNLG (10-01-20)
Old 02-07-15, 10:34 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I guess I'll be the minority and say I'm not a big fan of Atomic Silver. It looks great in some lighting (direct sunlight), but sometimes it looks a little too beige/bronze (cloudy, overcast days) for me. Never been a fan of beige/bronze colored cars. Favorite colors (in order) for the GS F-sport: Nebula grey, deep sea mica, liquid platinum, ultra white, atomic silver.

Last edited by dchar; 02-07-15 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-07-15, 10:46 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I prefer Liquid Platinum over Atomic. Atomic is just too brown for my taste.
Old 02-08-15, 10:41 AM
HDEddie1
Driver

Default Atomic Silver with Flaxen?

Never seen an Atomic Silver F Sport with Flaxen except this one example found online at this Lexus dealer. Its and AWD F Sport in Illinois. The weather there explains the AWD . The car pic with the indoor lighting shows the slight bronze/brown overtones in the Atomic Silver paint. Maybe not for everyone but I think the color works nicely with the Flaxen.
Attached Thumbnails Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???-gs350-awd-atomic-silv-flax.png  
LEXNLG (10-01-20)
Old 02-08-15, 10:27 PM
pbateson
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Never heard of Atomic Sliver color, but Liquid Platinum is better in my opinion. My '07 GS is LP color.

Quick Reply: Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???