GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I got the Carista app beta for iphone

Old 02-08-15, 04:48 PM
cphooper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine asks for the Pro version before it will let me save. It keep saying no internet connection.
Old 02-08-15, 07:01 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the beta version, you can get the pro version for free. However, you must connect to your normal internet connection to download it. If you are still connected to the wifi obd2 then you won't be able to download it.
Old 02-09-15, 12:00 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cphooper
Mine asks for the Pro version before it will let me save. It keep saying no internet connection.
Originally Posted by ComSciGuy
With the beta version, you can get the pro version for free. However, you must connect to your normal internet connection to download it. If you are still connected to the wifi obd2 then you won't be able to download it.
Yes, exactly - the Pro Package is free for beta testers. Also note that for some reason, authentication via "Touch ID" doesn't work, so you have to press the "Enter password" button on that prompt. We're following up with Apple on that.
Old 02-09-15, 01:15 AM
WolfSnap
Rookie

I just got my Lexus, and tried to register for the beta, but, I think I'm too late

I'd really love to try it out. Any way to make an exception?
Old 02-10-15, 12:25 PM
s4chico
Driver

Originally Posted by RBDan
I just received my app and my reader.

My reader isn't working with this app or the beta is a little buggy. I can get data from my Lexus using this reader with other apps but not Carista.

So my question is did I order the wrong reader? Here is the one I ordered, I just noticed it didn't say ELM327.
Amazon.com: iSaddle WIFI Wireless OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Auto Scanner Adapter Check Engine Light & CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows & Android Torque & iOS iPhone iPad iPod: Automotive

I found this reader using the link from the Carista hardware page.

Carista is there a difference between my reader and an ELM327?

Thank you
Dan
I have the same issue. I can get the Wifi-ELM to work with other diagnostic apps on both my iPhone and iPad, but not Carista. I can run fault check, but get an error when trying to check for customizations.

Last edited by s4chico; 02-10-15 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-10-15, 12:28 PM
s4chico
Driver

Originally Posted by Carista
Yes, exactly - the Pro Package is free for beta testers. Also note that for some reason, authentication via "Touch ID" doesn't work, so you have to press the "Enter password" button on that prompt. We're following up with Apple on that.
I thought my connection problems might be related, so I tried to get the PRO version, but it is not showing that it's free and want's to charge me $19.99.
Old 02-10-15, 12:52 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s4chico
I have the same issue. I cvan get the Wifi-ELM to work with other diagnostic apps on both my iPhone and iPad, but not Carista. I can run fault check, but get an error when trying to check for customizations.
This is the one I got and it works.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm in OC Irvine-Brea area if you guys want to test your phones with my reader.
Old 02-10-15, 07:18 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

I *wish* I could use the carista app -- but, apparently they aren't accepting new Beta testers...

I'd beg, if that would help?
Old 02-12-15, 05:43 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WolfSnap
I just got my Lexus, and tried to register for the beta, but, I think I'm too late

I'd really love to try it out. Any way to make an exception?
Originally Posted by WolfSnap
I *wish* I could use the carista app -- but, apparently they aren't accepting new Beta testers...

I'd beg, if that would help?
PM me your email address, we'll see what we can do
Old 02-12-15, 05:52 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

I have the same issue. I can get the Wifi-ELM to work with other diagnostic apps on both my iPhone and iPad, but not Carista. I can run fault check, but get an error when trying to check for customizations.
What is the error you get? Please send us a report through the app, so we can see what's going on. You can also contact us at support@caristaapp.com - and please do so. The whole point of the beta is to figure out if something is not working and fix it. Thanks very much for your help!

I thought my connection problems might be related, so I tried to get the PRO version, but it is not showing that it's free and want's to charge me $19.99.
Beta testing is free You do need to click our blue "BUY" button, which will bring up a white popup from Apple. In that popup, there is some text that says that beta testers do not get charged. You still need to go through with the (fake) purchase and authenticate, but you won't be charged. Also note that people have reported trouble authenticating with Touch ID, so if that fails, just press the "Enter password" button. Also, you need to have an internet connection when you attempt to buy, so you should NOT be connected to the WiFi OBD device at that time. Please let me know if you run into any issues. Thanks!
Old 02-12-15, 01:50 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Received my device last night so tonight will begin trying out. Newb question but do we need the CD It comes with for anything?
Old 02-12-15, 03:32 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Received my device last night so tonight will begin trying out. Newb question but do we need the CD It comes with for anything?
No.

Run Carista, buy the upgrade, plug the ELM into the OBD port, turn vehicle to ON position, search in wifi settings of iPhone, connect to ELM, run the app.
Old 02-12-15, 03:49 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rijc99
No. Run Carista, buy the upgrade, plug the ELM into the OBD port, turn vehicle to ON position, search in wifi settings of iPhone, connect to ELM, run the app.
Awesome thanks
Old 02-13-15, 05:01 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Yup, I recommend throwing away the CD that comes with those Chinese devices.