GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2016 GS F Pricing Estimation

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 08:04 PM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natnut
Don't forget a 550i won't have massive 6 piston 15inch 2 piece Brembo brakes or a standard Torque Vectoring Differential.

Heck a 550i won't even have a vanilla limited slip differential (LSD) to help put down all that torque/power efficiently or to help all that mass/power get around a corner in an agile manner.

In my opinion, CONTROL (braking and handling) is far more important than power when it comes to safety and driving enjoyment.

Right there are 2 big ticket items that jump out to me.And that's not even counting all the structural reinforcements/suspension upgrades that a GS-F would have that will not show up on the dealer's price checklist.
I hear you, but I'm not really interested any of that. I live in south Florida.... there are no corners. And I'm not planning to track my car. I just want a GS with more power (i.e. a redux of the GS460, but with a bigger power bump over the V6 than the old 460). I'd be happy with a GS equivalent of the 550i... I'm not looking for a competitor to the M5.
Old 01-23-15, 10:27 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by secondisf
Looks like a good price to me...I would definitely trade in my 12" ISF for it. I would love to have the extra room with the "Beast Within"!

Glad to see we have a member that is READY for the GS F!!! Makes sense since you would be coming out of a 4 year old IS F too...

Are you looking to be one of the first owners when it's released? Please share pics when you get this dream machine!!
Old 01-23-15, 10:30 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by neegroy
Ehh believe me bro, I was prolly just as excited about the 2016 gsf releasing as you! But honestly the hp is pitiful!! I'm looking at the new ctsv lol....
If horsepower is your main/only criteria, then yes the GS F is probably not going to win that competition... sorry to see we're losing a long time Lexus owner due to this...

When did you start putting so much emphasis on horsepower..?? Lexus has never been at the top of that heap!!

Old 01-23-15, 10:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

It has, when the 2GS430 was launched ...
Old 01-23-15, 10:36 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jtrue28
GSh is for the tree-huggers. They're not going to buy the GS-F.
Haaaa!!

Well said, definitely two different demographics for the two models, so I dont think they are going to price the cars as if they are competing with one another..

Very similar cars obviously, though one with an emphasis on performance the other with economy. It's nice that Lexus gives us choices like this!
Old 01-23-15, 10:48 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bocahoo
I think your estimate seems reasonable/logical. As far as whether I would pick one up....My problem will be the timing. My current lease is up in Feb 2016 when the GS-F will still be relatively new. So I'm guessing a low-70 base price will quickly push into the low-80's when properly optioned. And it will still be new and in short supply so you'll likely have to pay full sticker (if not sticker + add'l dealer markup). It will be tough for me to pay $80K+ for the GS-F when a 550i with nearly as much horsepower and considerably more torque could be purchased in the low-$70's. And I'll likely lease which would probably make the price difference even greater given BMW's favorable residuals and money factors.

But given the fact that the GS-F will be a relatively low volume car, I don't think a base price in the low 70's is unreasonable and I think Lexus would have no problem moving GS-F's at that price. I just won't be a buyer at/near launch at premium prices so I'll have to look elsewhere when my lease is up in Feb 2016.
Good points here, whenever a hot new model comes out it's hard to haggle a great deal, and sometimes you even pay extra if the demand outweighs the supplies as could be the case here early on with the GS F.

The flipside is you are one of the only people on the road that owns one, which is pretty cool too!

I echo another post that you can extend your existing lease to see how the market unfolds if you dont need to change right away and want to see how the market fairs up later in the year for the GS F..

Towards the end of the lease, the driving gets REAL fun too since you know that car will be going away soon enough!!
Old 01-23-15, 10:55 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
It has, when the 2GS430 was launched ...
True, they have dabbled in horsepower in the past for sure, but thats has not really been the main focus for most of their cars over the decades imo..

I like the new direction they have taken over the last few years though, tossing in a healthy dose of driving excitement into their cars characteristics more so across the board!

And really 467 (smooth and reliable) horsepower sounds pretty darn good to me for the GS!
Old 01-23-15, 11:18 AM
HDEddie1
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mid 70's? Hope so.

I read somewhere the the GS F would be "limited production". I hope the car doesn't fall victim to some greedy dealers tacking on "market condition" mark ups. It seems in my area (So Cal) when any in-demand or limited edition car hits the market, there's a tack-on window sticker. I hope not. For marketing reasons, I think the GS F needs to be in the mid 70's for Lexus to be in the dogfight with Audi S6 and BMW 550ix. Those cars have been in the market for several years now and are selling at discount.
Old 01-23-15, 11:30 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

they are building 1600 units per year, and U.S. being their largest market, for a V8 like this in particular, I think at least half or more should be allocated to the US ?
Old 01-23-15, 11:41 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

How many 3GS 460s did they sell / year? I believe 2010 or 2011 was the last year that they even offered the 460, and even then I would have had to special order it.

Also, since this car will be RWD only, will they even ship them north of the Mason-Dixon line?
Old 01-23-15, 01:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
True, they have dabbled in horsepower in the past for sure, but thats has not really been the main focus for most of their cars over the decades imo..

I like the new direction they have taken over the last few years though, tossing in a healthy dose of driving excitement into their cars characteristics more so across the board!

And really 467 (smooth and reliable) horsepower sounds pretty darn good to me for the GS!
in 2008 they released the isf to have 1 more hp than the m3 and held on to the release until bmw released power number, i doubt that was coincidence.

the 467hp figure in the rcf is very respectable and is more than both the m3 and c63. on that end it's pretty clear to me that lexus is aware of power. of course i am not saying that lexus should have the most power, never said so. but..... (that's another story)
Old 01-23-15, 02:06 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
in 2008 they released the isf to have 1 more hp than the m3 and held on to the release until bmw released power number, i doubt that was coincidence.

the 467hp figure in the rcf is very respectable and is more than both the m3 and c63. on that end it's pretty clear to me that lexus is aware of power. of course i am not saying that lexus should have the most power, never said so. but..... (that's another story)
Seems we are in agreeance here my friend, noting Lexus is definitely stepping up their game when it comes to the performance minded driving enthusiast, more so in recent years than ever!!

As such, the 2015 GS350 F Sport is my first Lexus, and if they keep with this trend I will stay with them for a long time... They have always made great reliable, smooth luxury cars, but now they are getting FUN to drive and exciting to gaze upon too!!

For BMW and MB to compete now as an all around car to own, they are going to have to address their weaknesses, reliability and resale value...
Old 01-23-15, 02:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Seems we are in agreeance here my friend, noting Lexus is definitely stepping up their game when it comes to the performance minded driving enthusiast, more so in recent years than ever!!

As such, the 2015 GS350 F Sport is my first Lexus, and if they keep with this trend I will stay with them for a long time... They have always made great reliable, smooth luxury cars, but now they are getting FUN to drive and exciting to gaze upon too!!

For BMW and MB to compete now as an all around car to own, they are going to have to address their weaknesses, reliability and resale value...
they are stepping up for sure. i would agree on the rcf, but the gsf is a letdown so far imho. it's a great car to compete against the m3 but considering that this is actually a car in the mid-size segment it gives me funny feeling.

absolutely agree with the sportiness of lexus cars, greatly improved. and with their improvement on build quality and reliability after the dip, it's definitely a very good sign

no doubt on the resale of german, but their quality has improved a lot over the years too. i have to say my 08 m3 and 07 s550 both visited the shop less than my 08 gs350. but i do feel that with german it's more of a hit or miss. sometimes you just run into a total lemon. with lexus it's more consistent.

but i also have to say, big part of the luxury market? they lease and change up every few years, they probably don't care about long term reliability that much. i am not saying that's a good thing, but i am just saying that in the luxury world, a lot of people are willing to pay. there is a reason why bmw and mb sell so many cars -- a lot of them are leased. and lexus is obviously learning from that considering how much more aggressive lexus has been in the leasing game

Last edited by rominl; 01-23-15 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-23-15, 05:21 PM
sirsaula
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want(ed) the GS F but the CTS V ****s on everything M and AMG included... tough pick
Old 01-23-15, 06:46 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

IMO CTS-V has the most attractive exterior among all too, and should be priced similar to the GS F, interior though , I like GS F better ...

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Pricing Estimation