GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Good price on this CPO gs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 08:42 PM
Tzakiel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good price on this CPO gs?

Just wondering what you guys think of this car at this price. Went and saw it today and it was very clean and drove perfect. I can't find a cheaper combination of miles and condition, but the wife was frustrated when the dealer (and manager) offered a grand total of Zero dollars off even after much negotiation applied. She is convinced we would be leaving money on the table. Maybe she's right. I want the car so maybe I am not exercising good judgement. Is this a good deal at full price listed or should I just keep looking?

http://www.lexusofrockville.com/Vehi...-MD/2413368283

http://www.lexusofrockville.com/Vehi...-MD/2413368283

Last edited by Tzakiel; 01-09-15 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-10-15, 02:28 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The price they listed is not bad BUT Push them down to 35/36,000.....
Old 01-10-15, 02:45 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't think they like negotiating...

I contacted this dealer back on 12/21 about a new F Sport that they had. The Personal Consultant quoted me a price and would not budge. He told me all kinds of horror stories about how I would get duped if found a dealer willing to go lower than his price. Even when I showed him in writing a lower offer, he told me the dealer didn't have the car and would never honor the price. The MSRP was abt 57k on the car and all he wanted to take off was 3k. I ended up dealing with Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria. They gave me the exact same car for 51k and a fair trade in price with very little negotiation. I went and picked it up on the 29th and it went smooth as can be. I called Rockville one last time on my way to Alexandria and they balked once more at reducing the price, last time I checked they still have it lol. If you want my dealer's info, PM me. He was very eager to make a deal and bent over backwards to get me one.
Old 01-10-15, 04:28 AM
thholr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price isnt terrible, but would be a good deal at 37.5-38. I would just figure out what price you are willing to pay and tell them they have to hit this price to earn your business. If they dont budge and you are not happy , then walk away and find another one. There are a lot of them out there. As long as you are happy with it , you got a good deal. Comparing to what other folks paid isnt always a great comparison because you dont know if features, condition, etc are the same.
Old 01-10-15, 05:17 AM
Tzakiel
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, the problem is they truly did not want to move one dollar. There was no pushing to do... We sat with the manager for an hour and still nothing.

Also finding another dealer... I would love to but there isn't a comparable car out there that I can find anywhere in the area. (Pre owned, right color and miles) Guess I will just wait.
Old 01-10-15, 06:36 AM
XFactor7
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From my observation, Lexus Rockville offers the true price on their cars. That is why they do not negotiate at all. I do see that they reduce the price on their cars occasionally if the car doesn't sell. I was tracking a few of their 2008 3GS for a few weeks and, on some cars, they originally listed for $19k but ended up reducing it down to $17k after a few weeks. Your best bet if you want to get it cheaper is probably to wait it out but you'd then risk losing the car to another buyer. I do sound like a car salesman lol but I assure you I am not affiliated with Lexus. I actually prefer their sales method over negotiating/haggling though. You know exactly what you can get the car for.

I was actually thinking about going for a test drive on this one: http://www.lexusofrockville.com/Vehi...-MD/2418324503, which is slightly cheaper than the one you test drove but I'm holding off on it because I want Luxury or F-sport package.
Old 01-10-15, 09:42 AM
Tzakiel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XFactor7
From my observation, Lexus Rockville offers the true price on their cars. That is why they do not negotiate at all. I do see that they reduce the price on their cars occasionally if the car doesn't sell.
Yep that is the pitch we got over and over again. Because they offer the "true" price, there is magically no need or even possibility to negotiate. They claimed they are now just like Carmax where prices simply can't change.

As for price reductions this car has had 2-3 already.
Old 01-13-15, 07:04 PM
Tzakiel
Driver School Candidate

Wound up at 38,400 for anyone curious. Not a huge discount but better than 39. Turns out walking away does sometimes work.
Old 01-13-15, 07:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Tzakiel
Yep that is the pitch we got over and over again. Because they offer the "true" price, there is magically no need or even possibility to negotiate. They claimed they are now just like Carmax where prices simply can't change.

As for price reductions this car has had 2-3 already.
I mean...if it is like you say this is the best car in the area packaged and priced...then why should they negotiate?

A buyer isn't owed a discount.

I also do business with Rockville and I have found them very fair. Got a great deal on my GS new in 2012. My ES I traded they gave me a price and put it on the lot for $2,500 more than they paid me. I think thats fair.

Glad you got the car...but just waiting...waiting for what? To save $500-$1,000 on a $38,000 car thats in good shape and that you want, that is already the best car and price in the area? I don't see much logic in that but its just me.
Old 01-13-15, 07:49 PM
XFactor7
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Glad you got the car...but just waiting...waiting for what? To save $500-$1,000 on a $38,000 car thats in good shape and that you want, that is already the best car and price in the area? I don't see much logic in that but its just me.
I do see your logic but not everyone has to have the car they want. Waiting a week actually saved the OP $500 in this case so, in hindsight, it worked out for him. I would definitely wait a week if I'm guaranteed a $500 discount but I'm cheap like that
Old 01-13-15, 07:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactor7
I do see your logic but not everyone has to have the car they want. Waiting a week actually saved the OP $500 in this case so, in hindsight, it worked out for him. I would definitely wait a week if I'm guaranteed a $500 discount but I'm cheap like that
But he could have lost the car and wound up paying more for a car, or having to settle on a car he didn't like as much. Hindsight is 20/20, and it worked out this time, but I think people get too wrapped up in getting "the best deal" that sometimes they cut their nose off to spite their face. $500? Would you pay $500 more on a $38,000 car to have the color you really want? I would. Whats $500?