GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F (Pictures Starting on Page 8)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-15, 01:36 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I wonder if we'll get the HUD coupled with that trick instrument cluster over here in the US. Couldn't see myself DDing a car without one now.
Old 10-13-15, 04:22 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by yardie876
I wonder if we'll get the HUD coupled with that trick instrument cluster over here in the US. Couldn't see myself DDing a car without one now.
That's it from the Cluster.. Stationary like the RC F

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-13-15 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-13-15, 08:10 PM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...?view_id=41790
Old 10-13-15, 08:33 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

pics of USB 2.0 and red interior here

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/13/2...-review-video/
Old 10-13-15, 09:57 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
pics of USB 2.0 and red interior here

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/13/2...-review-video/
Looks like the article lists the price too:
"The base price of $85,380 includes everything but two options: a Mark Levinson stereo system and orange-painted calipers."
Probably doesn't include the safety tech either.

Last edited by dchar; 10-13-15 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-14-15, 12:42 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
http://www.motoring.com.au/reviews/2...5-review-54462

There's an Australian review of the GS-F. From reading it, it sounds like he's driven it(though not in Spain, from last week), but there are a bunch of widely known facts that any of us could write, so I don't know what to make of it.

Edit: Actually, I'm sure he did drive it. The review sounds more on the genuine side once I re-read it. Takes note of the accessible power of the F brand and doesn't really care about the fact that an M5 would beat it around a track because it's fun to drive.
Also, the pricing is in line with the M3 on that side of the globe. I'm sure it won't be that way here. For comparisons sake, a GS450h F-Sport starts at 69k and can hit 77k

"While he’s unsure of the final numbers, the GS F will end up somewhere within a cooee of $150,000, so when Hanley asserts that the GS F stands alone, he reckons without a certain German sports sedan from Bavaria that rhymes with Emm Tree. That one chimes in at about $153,000 (before you spend another $80,000 on options)."

Edit 2: Damn, wrong again. It was from the press driving event in Madrid.

"Lexus GS F
International Launch Review
Madrid, Spain"
Not too sure about the bolded part.

The M5 will beat the GSF on the dragstrip but on the track?

I suspect the overweight M5 will be left wallowing at the first corner/hairpin loop while the lighter more agile GSF shows it a clean pair of heels.
Old 10-14-15, 04:49 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
Not too sure about the bolded part.

The M5 will beat the GSF on the dragstrip but on the track?

I suspect the overweight M5 will be left wallowing at the first corner/hairpin loop while the lighter more agile GSF shows it a clean pair of heels.
Hey its BMW thats overweight so that doesnt count my friend. Only when some one else other than BMW is overweight compared to BMW than its a deal breaker

Joking aside here is AUTOBLOGs first drive

Pretty much what would you expect to hear from a journalist driving the Lexus. Most of it is objective when put in perspective with other high performance four door pigs so nothing new here. According to them steering is still not good enough because even though it precise and direct (autoblog's words) it doesn't have enough weight when cornering in, it doesn't fight back. I don't know which huge four door does that but ok.

Good read though and comments section is amazing. Lots of comparison to 550i junker.

On paper the GS F is underwhelming. Even in the lower drive mode settings this cars feels tepid. Change to Sport S+ and the GS F all of sudden fulfills the promise of that F badges on the front fenders. It's not a car that will win drag races, and the CTS-V is an unbeatable counterargument. In some ways the GS F is out of place in the modern world. It's a try at making an analog, balanced sports car when digital trickery and overwhelming power are the norm. And the electronic pieces of the GS F – steering and engine noise – are its weakest traits. But the rest of the car's charms increase with every mile behind the wheel. For those interested in one of the 2,000 units Lexus is bringing to the US, that's just fine.
Old 10-14-15, 07:37 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Initial reviews are promising :

Seems like Lexus built a more luxurious, more reliable E39 M5, long considered the best driving M5 of all time.

I particularly liked the final parting shot of the second video : " The new Lexus GS F is as good as the old E39 M5, which means it's a whole lot better than the current M5."

The more surprising conclusion in the first video is that the heavier GS F drives better than the RC F. Could it be that Lexus was always focussed on the GS F as their ultimate expression of the F car while the RC F was simply an afterthought, an attempt to throw out a performance coupe for those Lexus fans who simply had to have a coupe? After all, the RC F is merely a heavily modified version of the Lexus GS L10 chassis. Stands to reason the L10 chassis was designed from ground up to accept the heavier 5L V8 in its nose without throwing off its dynamic balance while the shortened Frankenstein chassis of the RC F made it nose heavy when a large V8 was shoehorned into its nose.

Last edited by natnut; 10-14-15 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-14-15, 07:58 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Jalopnik seems to really like it , despite its flaws.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-lexus-g...egi-1736253354

Looks like a much better first impression than people had with the RC-F.
Old 10-14-15, 08:07 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

red over red, just too much.

love the white, silver, blue in that order with red interior.

so looks like its getting good reviews, but how does it handle and drive compared to rcf?

im already seeing that the turn signals dont flow on this like on rx and lx.

Last edited by T4Fun; 10-14-15 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-14-15, 08:13 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

i think this will be a good car for someone who wants something more than a 550 but doesnt want to spend the huge bucks for an M5. Horsepower at this level is diminishing returns.
Old 10-14-15, 09:56 AM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladi
Hey its BMW thats overweight so that doesnt count my friend. Only when some one else other than BMW is overweight compared to BMW than its a deal breaker

Joking aside here is AUTOBLOGs first drive

Pretty much what would you expect to hear from a journalist driving the Lexus. Most of it is objective when put in perspective with other high performance four door pigs so nothing new here. According to them steering is still not good enough because even though it precise and direct (autoblog's words) it doesn't have enough weight when cornering in, it doesn't fight back. I don't know which huge four door does that but ok.

Good read though and comments section is amazing. Lots of comparison to 550i junker.
I REALLY want one after reading that. Unfortunately, if the ~$85K base price is correct and Lexus will only be bringing 2,000 units to the US, I bet you'll have to pay every bit of that $85K, if not north of $90K, to land one of these. At that price, I can get an S6 with more usable power for a bit less money, a 550i with more power for a LOT less money, or an M5/E63 for a bit more. I'm sure they'll have no problem finding 2,000 buyers for the GS-F at premium pricing, I just won't be one of them.
Old 10-14-15, 10:05 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

if that base price is true, count me out as well... at 75k start was a stretch for me... now fully loaded over 90k is too rich for my blood...
Old 10-14-15, 10:43 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Despite some numbers that can blend in, Lexus F vehicles are a unique experience. GS F owners will likely be a happy group similar to IS F owners.
Old 10-14-15, 10:54 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

A loaded E63 or M5 is just a "little more" try 25-30k more to match the features. Unless you want stripper model

Originally Posted by kamlung
if that base price is true, count me out as well... at 75k start was a stretch for me... now fully loaded over 90k is too rich for my blood...
the only options are orange calipers and Mark Levinson audio, it is already heavily loaded.

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F (Pictures Starting on Page 8)