GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Buying from out of town dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 02:23 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying from out of town dealer

Our local dealer has a really poor inventory of GS's (none!). I found a few cars configured exactly as I want them (sapphire with Flaxen, Luxury) but they are at least 900 miles away. My question is: should my local dealer be able to get this car for me? Or is it better to deal directly with the out of town dealer and have it shipped to me? Flying and driving it back is out of the question.
Old 01-05-15, 02:38 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

When I was looking at cars beyond a reasonable driving distance I used this website as a reference on shipping cost http://www.uship.com/vehicles/ . If I were you, I would email those dealers directly and see what deal you can do on your own first. This way you can see which way comes out cheaper. I know my local dealer wanted $1000 to bring a car from Mass. to Pa. I ended up finding a car 2 hours away and went and got it. Good luck!
Old 01-05-15, 03:01 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Thanks for the reference.

The company is Sewell Lexus in Plano, TX. I have ordered parts from them in the past, so I assume they have some experience in dealing with out of state purchases.
Old 01-05-15, 05:37 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get the car from the other dealer. They might try to stick you with the transport fee though
Old 01-05-15, 05:49 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Your in Southeast Toyota Distriutors territoty( NC, SC, FL, GA, AL). Any dealer should be able to easily swap with another. My dealer in TX found my 2014 in Tulsa( both are in Gulf States Distributors).

Kinda of off track but Carol Shelby had the chance to own Gulf States but turned it down based on some advice from Lee Iaccoca.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_St...a_Distributors
Old 01-05-15, 05:56 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Originally Posted by jkeller
Your in Southeast Toyota Distriutors territoty( NC, SC, FL, GA, AL). Any dealer should be able to easily swap with another. My dealer in TX found my 2014 in Tulsa( both are in Gulf States Distributors).

Kinda of off track but Carol Shelby had the chance to own Gulf States but turned it down based on some advice from Lee Iaccoca.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_St...a_Distributors
I'll see what my salesman says. Almost all the Luxury package GS's I found were in Texas. Worst case scenario I by direct from them and pay $700 for shipping...
Old 01-05-15, 06:28 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

If you have time for a road trip you can also fly over and drive back
Old 01-05-15, 07:29 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Default Not making Luxury package

Interested in the Luxury package but the local dealer says "I have been informed that Lexus is no longer building the GS with the Luxury package".

I think this is a bunch of crap.

Anyone else heard this? Is there a customer service number for Lexus?
Old 01-05-15, 08:14 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Here is the translation: our dealer is not scheduled to get any Lux packages in the near future. Please select from the other cars that we are scheduled to receive.

The Luxury package is still on the website and it's still selectable as an option in the build tool

Last edited by Allen K; 01-05-15 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Apparently, I can't spell 'please' correctly :p
Old 01-05-15, 08:28 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
Here is the translation: our dealer is not scheduled to get any Lux packages in the near future. Pleas select from the other cars that we are scheduled to receive.

The Luxury package is still on the website and it's still selectable as an option in the build tool
LMAO! Exactly. Time to order the car from Texas...
Old 01-05-15, 09:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by ckelly14
Interested in the Luxury package but the local dealer says "I have been informed that Lexus is no longer building the GS with the Luxury package". I think this is a bunch of crap. Anyone else heard this? Is there a customer service number for Lexus?
I can tell you for sure this isn't true. I looked into it and actually contacted Lexus, they absolutely are making the luxury package for 2015. My dealer has a couple.

Dealer is just trying to sell you what they have. The luxury package is worth trying to find one.
Old 01-05-15, 10:04 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I can tell you for sure this isn't true. I looked into it and actually contacted Lexus, they absolutely are making the luxury package for 2015. My dealer has a couple.

Dealer is just trying to sell you what they have. The luxury package is worth trying to find one.
I spoke to a few other dealers, and it's obvious my dealer wants to sell me the ultra white F-sport that just came in. I said no thanks.

I looked at a few dealers in MD and couldn't find a luxury one. Please PM me if you have a specific dealer you were thinking of.
Old 01-05-15, 10:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Lexus of Rockville had an Atomic Silver luxury 2015, I almost bought it. Maybe they sold it...
Old 01-05-15, 10:36 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ckelly14
Our local dealer has a really poor inventory of GS's (none!). I found a few cars configured exactly as I want them (sapphire with Flaxen, Luxury) but they are at least 900 miles away. My question is: should my local dealer be able to get this car for me? Or is it better to deal directly with the out of town dealer and have it shipped to me? Flying and driving it back is out of the question.
Did you mean starfire, white, not sapphire? white/flaxen lux shouldn't be hard to find
Old 01-05-15, 10:38 AM
lohimike
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Choice! I picked up a 2013 GS 350 LUX ultra white last day of the year a year ago, Lux was worth waiting for. I found it in GA, drove over in a rental from Charleston,sc and drove it home. all done over the phone. flight from CLT or Durham plus trave costs well less than shipping charges plus you get the delivery experience. lot of tricks on this model. Love my seats and privacy blinds!

Quick Reply: Buying from out of town dealer