GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bluetooth Disconnect When Using Enform

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-14, 05:06 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bluetooth Disconnect When Using Enform

I just got a 2015 GS350 F-Sport. I've noticed whenever I try to connect my phone via bluetooth to my car and I have the Enform Suite app running, it will constantly connect and disconnect my phone. If I force stop the app, and connect via bluetooth, it connects without a problem. Anyone else facing this issue?

Btw, I'm using a Oneplus One cell phone. Didn't have a problem in my previous car ('10 BMW 328i)
Old 12-04-14, 06:58 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

No problems here on my iPhone 5S with 2015
Old 12-05-14, 10:29 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Root your phone and upgrade it to the latest firmware. I imagine the build they're running is having problems with the Enform app. The app is pretty flaky on android to begin with.
Old 12-05-14, 11:09 AM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Root your phone and upgrade it to the latest firmware. I imagine the build they're running is having problems with the Enform app. The app is pretty flaky on android to begin with.
I am rooted and on android 4.4.4 with the latest build. I have no other issues with bluetooth connecting to other cars, computers, headsets, etc. Definitely could be the app
Old 12-05-14, 11:45 AM
chenalex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem. The dealer told me to turn off wifi. Hasn't helped me, but it could help you? I have a moto X (2013) so it's not the latest and greatest phone but it's supposed to be compatible with everything as per Lexus's website.
Old 12-05-14, 01:19 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

I experience the same issue on a 2013 GS - running Android 4.0.3 on an older HTC Sensation 4G.

The phone has been rock solid for me, but always acts up when running Lexus Enform & Bluetooth together. I often have to rebook my entire phone to get bluetooth working again.

Bluetooth will work on it's own for me (i.e. - I have a bluetooth headset that it works fine with), something to do with Enform makes it go berzerk.

Let me know if you have a solution/fix please!

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 12-05-14, 01:37 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by chenalex
I have the same problem. The dealer told me to turn off wifi. Hasn't helped me, but it could help you? I have a moto X (2013) so it's not the latest and greatest phone but it's supposed to be compatible with everything as per Lexus's website.
I actually have an app called tasker running to automatically turn off wifi and change my location settings to high accuracy when I pair with my car.

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
I experience the same issue on a 2013 GS - running Android 4.0.3 on an older HTC Sensation 4G.

The phone has been rock solid for me, but always acts up when running Lexus Enform & Bluetooth together. I often have to rebook my entire phone to get bluetooth working again.

Bluetooth will work on it's own for me (i.e. - I have a bluetooth headset that it works fine with), something to do with Enform makes it go berzerk.

Let me know if you have a solution/fix please!

~ Im2bz2p345
Seems like it has to be an enform app issue. Here we have three different phones, two (possibly three) versions of android, and two (possibly three) model years and we have the same problem. This would be a good system if it only work correctly
Old 12-05-14, 03:35 PM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My problem is that when I start the car, the bluetooth phone part connects, but when I try to play Pandora or Bluetooth audio it won't play. I have to connect/disconnect bluetooh in the navscreen to get it to work. Used to work perfectly, but has been acting up the past ~1-2 months. Same problem for my current phone Xperia Z3c as well as my old one Nexus 5 (both 4.4)

EDIT: Seems to have started when they had the Enform app upgrade
Old 12-05-14, 04:39 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

The reason you hear so many people having problems with enform and android is because people who do not have issuse dont spend the time to post here. People who do have problems will bebposting most often here.

I have a 2014 GS 350 Luxury with Mark Levinson. And my car connects flawlessly with enform on my car . I listen to pandora alot and sometimes iheart radio. Blutooth music works perfectly and it automatically starts playing where i left off when i restart my car. Text messaging alsi works flawlessly. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Old 12-06-14, 05:57 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Hm. If you're rooted, you may want to try a different build. Maybe the OS is way ahead of the app and causing issues. Also, check to see if there is older or newer firmware for your phone's "radio". This is usually a different package separate from the ROM. May stabilize it, may make it worse but worth a shot.
Old 12-08-14, 08:43 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Hm. If you're rooted, you may want to try a different build. Maybe the OS is way ahead of the app and causing issues. Also, check to see if there is older or newer firmware for your phone's "radio". This is usually a different package separate from the ROM. May stabilize it, may make it worse but worth a shot.
After I saw your post, I went back to xda-developers to find the radio files. I tried flashing the new ones and it worked earlier today to keep my phone paired (but I was only driving for about 5 minutes). Later on though, I ran into the same old issue (this time it was a 10-15 min long drive). Thanks for the advise tho :/
Old 12-08-14, 10:08 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, worth a shot. I don't know what version of Android they targeted but I'm afraid the 2013's head unit is falling way, way behind. I remember when I bought my car last year, I checked for the HTC One M7 and it wasn't listed as approved but had already been out for 6-8 months. Now I have a rooted/CFW HTC One M8 and I keep it on the latest whatever, but it seems the more I upgrade, the more gripey the Bluetooth stuff gets in the car. Tempted to go back to stock but don't drive enough to warrant the inconvenience.

>Edit, just derped and remembered that you have a 2015. You may want to check Lexus' website and see which phones are officially supported. But regardless, I think the android app is kinda bad and it's like 3/5 stars in the Google Play store.
Old 12-08-14, 11:37 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Yeah, worth a shot. I don't know what version of Android they targeted but I'm afraid the 2013's head unit is falling way, way behind. I remember when I bought my car last year, I checked for the HTC One M7 and it wasn't listed as approved but had already been out for 6-8 months. Now I have a rooted/CFW HTC One M8 and I keep it on the latest whatever, but it seems the more I upgrade, the more gripey the Bluetooth stuff gets in the car. Tempted to go back to stock but don't drive enough to warrant the inconvenience.

>Edit, just derped and remembered that you have a 2015. You may want to check Lexus' website and see which phones are officially supported. But regardless, I think the android app is kinda bad and it's like 3/5 stars in the Google Play store.
I have a OnePlus One. I'd be surprised to see it show up on any car's compatibility list lol. But if they end up supporting the nexus 5 lollipop or nexus 6, then I might be able to get mine to a point of somewhat compatibility with a stock rom.

on another note, the enform app UI is pretty bad. the general design needs work
Old 12-09-14, 06:26 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, bad app is bad. It's just meant to funnel data really, not to play around with and distract drivers. I think that's half the reason they didn't make it pretty; it's a utility.