GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-14, 09:42 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Yeah, its in the packages portion but not available in the build, and NO dealers here have any luxury cars in inventory. All are premium or F Sport.
Old 11-30-14, 10:39 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Lexus.com build section is pretty bad.
Old 11-30-14, 12:06 PM
mesomike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like cold weather might be part of the premium package now or have something to do with AWD. I have a 15 f sport AWD without cold weather (dealer said cold weather was not available), but it has heated steering wheel and headlight washers.
Old 11-30-14, 02:29 PM
Lexus1998
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mesomike
Looks like cold weather might be part of the premium package now or have something to do with AWD. I have a 15 f sport AWD without cold weather (dealer said cold weather was not available), but it has heated steering wheel and headlight washers.
There is zero market for a Luxury GS package it's a sport sedan. The only package of interest for this kind of sedan should be F package. The rims alone from luxury keeps buyers picking the F or premium over it.

I can only imagine the resale vale of luxury vs an F or premium.
Old 11-30-14, 02:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexus1998
There is zero market for a Luxury GS package it's a sport sedan. The only package of interest for this kind of sedan should be F package. The rims alone from luxury keeps buyers picking the F or premium over it.

I can only imagine the resale vale of luxury vs an F or premium.
LOL, thats just absolutely not true. Just look in this forum, there are plenty of Luxury package owners. three of which are participating in this thread. If that were the case, why would all the other competitors in the segment offer the features that are included in the luxury package?

I would not buy the F Sport if it were the only option for a high package car. The Premium car I also find too bland inside. It doesn't appeal to me, I would buy a 535, or an A6, or a CTS, or an E350, all of which offer these features. Why do you think the undisputed sales king in the segment, the BMW 5 Series offers a luxury line? Why does the A6 have a Prestige package? Its the same thing.

Just because its a sports sedan doesn't mean people don't want luxury features, look, or content. This is why we have options. Limiting options is never a good thing. If they want to limit the options I want, I'll give my $60-70k to somebody else next time. I don't love the luxury package wheels, but I'd much rather have them and get the AVS suspension, linear espresso wood, upgraded leather, and 18 way adjustable seats which I enjoy every day. I think Lexus should let people choose wheels within packages like everybody else does anyways.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-30-14 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-30-14, 02:54 PM
Lexus1998
Rookie

Originally Posted by SW13GS
LOL, thats just absolutely not true. Just look in this forum, there are plenty of Luxury package owners. three of which are participating in this thread. If that were the case, why would all the other competitors in the segment offer the features that are included in the luxury package?

I would not buy the F Sport if it were the only option for a high package car. The Premium car I also find too bland inside. It doesn't appeal to me, I would buy a 535, or an A6, or a CTS, or an E350, all of which offer these features. Why do you think the undisputed sales king in the segment, the BMW 5 Series offers a luxury line? Why does the A6 have a Prestige package? Its the same thing.

Just because its a sports sedan doesn't mean people don't want luxury features, look, or content. This is why we have options. Limiting options is never a good thing. If they want to limit the options I want, I'll give my $60-70k to somebody else next time. I don't love the luxury package wheels, but I'd much rather have them and get the AVS suspension, linear espresso wood, upgraded leather, and 18 way adjustable seats which I enjoy every day. I think Lexus should let people choose wheels within packages like everybody else does anyways.
The package makes no sense as there isn't much extra. All you add is those horrid rims, rear seat heaters/AC controls sun shades, softer seats all for higher price of the F sport which gives you a ton of a lot more features for sports sedan.

When dealers did have them in the lot they had always been sitting over a month because there was no demand.

I am not saying it's a bad package but it's just undesirable.
Old 11-30-14, 03:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The package makes no sense as there isn't much extra. All you add is those horrid rims, rear seat heaters/AC controls sun shades, softer seats all for higher price of the F sport which gives you a ton of a lot more features for sports sedan.

When dealers did have them in the lot they had always been sitting over a month because there was no demand.
Every GS sits on a dealers lot for over a month. A month is actually a pretty short lot time.

As for what you get, you get a lot.

The luxury package costs about $5,500. You get (and I will * the big ones for me)

1. AVS suspsnsion with Sport+ *
2. Semi-aniline leather seats *
3. 18 way adjustible multi-contour seats **
4. Adaptive front lightng *
5. Linear espresso wood and wood/leather steering wheel **
6. Rear seat audio and climate controls
7. 3 Zone HVAC
8. Passenger memory seat
9. Manual rear door sunshades
10. Power rear sunshade

Thats not an insignificant amount of real improvements for $5,500. The suspension and the seating package alone would command that on a BMW. You said in your thread where you traded your 2013 Premium in on an ES350 (which I cannot fathom) that you felt your GS was a little austere inside, and that the seats were hard. Well...if you had a luxury with the nice glossy wood, wood leather wheel, and the 18 way adjustable seats you wouldn't have felt that way. Which is why I wouldn't purchase a Premium package GS.

What does the F Sport give you the luxury package does not? Literally the difference is the front bumper and the 19" wheels on an AWD...along with the metal trim inside. I don't like metal trim in a car personally, I like wood trim, and I don't like the F Sport front bumper. Then you LOOSE the better seats, better leather, adaptive lighting, 3 zone HVAC, door shades, etc, So...there ya go.

I am not saying it's a bad package but it's just undesirable.
Undesirable to you. The F Sport is desirable to you, it isn't to me. Does that mean its a valid statement for me to say the F Sport is an undesirable option in general? No. I wouldn't buy it, but obviously people do.

Luxury package is desirable to me, desirable to Joe, desirable to harley, and thats just this thread. Watch when people post, a lot of the members here have the luxury package. Almost nobody has the premium package, and the rest have the F Sport.

Thats why these things are options. As consumers we want options.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-30-14 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-30-14, 03:35 PM
Lexus1998
Rookie

Every GS sits on a dealers lot for over a month. A month is actually a pretty short lot time.

As for what you get, you get a lot.

The luxury package costs about $5,500. You get (and I will * the big ones for me)

1. AVS suspsnsion with Sport+ *
2. Semi-aniline leather seats *
3. 18 way adjustible multi-contour seats **
4. Adaptive front lightng *
5. Linear espresso wood and wood/leather steering wheel **
6. Rear seat audio and climate controls
7. 3 Zone HVAC
8. Passenger memory seat
9. Manual rear door sunshades
10. Power rear sunshade

Thats not an insignificant amount of real improvements for $5,500. The suspension and the seating package alone would command that on a BMW. You said in your thread where you traded your 2013 Premium in on an ES350 (which I cannot fathom) that you felt your GS was a little austere inside, and that the seats were hard. Well...if you had a luxury with the nice glossy wood, wood leather wheel, and the 18 way adjustable seats you wouldn't have felt that way. Which is why I wouldn't purchase a Premium package GS.

What does the F Sport give you the luxury package does not? Literally the difference is the front bumper and the 19" wheels on an AWD...along with the metal trim inside. I don't like metal trim in a car personally, I like wood trim, and I don't like the F Sport front bumper. Then you LOOSE the better seats, better leather, adaptive lighting, 3 zone HVAC, door shades, etc, So...there ya go.

Undesirable to you. The F Sport is desirable to you, it isn't to me. Does that mean its a valid statement for me to say the F Sport is an undesirable option in general? No. I wouldn't buy it, but obviously people do.

Luxury package is desirable to me, desirable to Joe, desirable to harley, and thats just this thread. Watch when people post, a lot of the members here have the luxury package. Almost nobody has the premium package, and the rest have the F Sport.

Thats why these things are options.

Hahah you sound like a salesmen trying to sell one of these siting ducks. Better go charge the battery as they been sitting so long I bet they are almost dead.

That is correct I had the premium as that is what my company allowance would allow for my car. If it was my money or if I wanted to add my own money towards it, I would have 100% went with F sport. The F sport 100% out does luxury and premium any day. Ask anyone on this forum. This time after lease was up I didn't want the exact same car so I got the ES ultra and pocketed extra allowance.

To each there own man, I am not going to turn this into one of your exciting forum duels as I can see from your pervious post you live for this.
Old 11-30-14, 03:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

To each there own man.
Exactly my point. You're the one who is making value judgements about available options, not me. If you want the F Sport, get the F Sport. Want the Premium, get the Premium. Those of us who want the luxury package (and we do exist) want the luxury package.

You came in here saying the package makes no sense, its undesirable, and that there is "zero market" for it when obviously for everybody thats not true. If you don't want to get into a conversation with me, don't come into my threads and post that sort of flamebait.

The F sport 100% out does luxury and premium any day. Ask anyone on this forum
Anyone? LOL. Hey Joe, do you agree with the above statement? How about you Harley? AL13NV8D3R? jjscsix? dougm213? jkeller? bnlexus?

I am not interested in the F Sport. Sorry. If they don't want to produce the luxury package anymore, or offer those features as options on the Premium car, I will buy somebody else's luxury line midsized sport luxury sedan. No big deal.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-30-14 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-30-14, 04:08 PM
mesomike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main reason people pass on the luxury model is because of the exterior aesthetics. Plain and simple the luxury has unattractive rims that are too small and when you spend 60k on a car you want it to look like it. Other than that the luxury is awesome.
Old 11-30-14, 04:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I think the main reason is more likely cost than anything else, but I can't argue with the wheels. They've grown on me, but I tried to get the dealer to swap them when I got the car and they wouldn't, and I considered replacing them with either the older GS Tourmaline wheel, or the wheels from the Premium but that was a PITA so I never got around to it. They still aren't wheels I ever would have selected.

Thats why options are a good thing...we should be able to select packages and select from 4 or 5 different wheel packages, like everybody else does.
Old 11-30-14, 04:45 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly my point. You're the one who is making value judgements about available options, not me. If you want the F Sport, get the F Sport. Want the Premium, get the Premium. Those of us who want the luxury package (and we do exist) want the luxury package.

You came in here saying the package makes no sense, its undesirable, and that there is "zero market" for it when obviously for everybody thats not true. If you don't want to get into a conversation with me, don't come into my threads and post that sort of flamebait.

Anyone? LOL. Hey Joe, do you agree with the above statement? How about you Harley? AL13NV8D3R? jjscsix? dougm213? jkeller?

I am not interested in the F Sport. Sorry. If they don't want to produce the luxury package anymore, or offer those features as options on the Premium car, I will buy somebody else's luxury line midsized sport luxury sedan. No big deal.
I did look at the F Sport because the front bumper appealed to me. But, the lack of fog lights, the less-adjustable seats, the aluminum only trim, two zone HVAC, pushed me to the Luxury version. I have found that the Luxe with the AVS is sporty enough for me (and I grew up driving and working on American muscle cars). I am very happy with the choice I made, and do not think I would have been as satisfied with the F Sport.

The dealer had to get the car I wanted, with all the options I wanted, from out of state because that particular combination (black/black, ML stereo, etc) was not in Florida. Plenty of Luxes, but not many black with black interior (guess that's not popular in FL). Lots of Premiums, too. Actually less inventory of F Sports on local lots than the others.

I think Lexus and dealers do their model allocations geographically, based on sales history and orders for the area, so the mix of models at dealers in your area may be different than what is available in my area. I've also found that the build function on Lexus.com will allow different options based on the ZIP code you enter.

As SW13GS said, there is a mix of packages and trim levels represented on this forum, and I think everyone is happy with the choices they made (even the folks who mod their cars!).
Old 11-30-14, 04:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I guess we're just nuts.
Old 11-30-14, 04:55 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess we're just nuts.
But happy!
Old 11-30-14, 05:02 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

I guess I was nuts because I got the luxury package on my sporty IS? The only reason I opted to go with the F-Sport on my incoming GS was because I don't like wood steering wheels

Quick Reply: 2015 Luxury Package?