GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS 350 F Sport lease

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 11:36 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Sounds like leasing may make sense for you given your budget and the type of car you are looking to drive, but perhaps the GS may not be your best bet budget wise. My deal was zero out of pocket, $504 per month (first month on Lexus) plus tax for 3 years at 15k miles per year for the $57,685 msrp. After tax that is right at $545 per month which is about max budget for you so this may be a tough choice unless you really love the car and willing to max out your budget. If you want to buy other stuff every month instead of putting it all in you car, I would highly consider the IS350 as the lease would be way more affordable, roughly 100 bucks or more back in your pocket per month. Comparable performance and mileage (slightly better), although less interior space though if you need the roominess of the GS.

Definitely drive both cars to see what makes sense for your budget and needs!
Thanks for the reply, I am for sure not interested in the IS350, I personally can't stand the way it looks and I want something a little bigger. (I currently have an IS350) The $550 a month for a lease was just a number I threw out there. I really was just torn on financing or not. I make a nice salary and this car is well within my budget. I guess I am just for the first time looking at my leasing options, it may just not be for me is all. I appreciate your reply.

Last edited by Soap; 01-05-15 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-05-15, 12:19 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Soap
Thanks for the reply, I am for sure not interested in the IS350, I personally can't stand the way it looks and I want something a little bigger. (I currently have an IS350) The $550 a month for a lease was just a number I through out there. I really was just torn on financing or not. I make a nice salary and this car is well within my budget. I guess I am just for the first time looking at my leasing options, it may just not be for me is all. I appreciate your reply.
I see where you are coming from now! The GS is a great car to lease as it has high residual values, so you pay for less depreciation as compared to other makes out there, meaning you get a lot of car for your dollar leasing one!
Old 01-05-15, 02:38 PM
edittman1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Any dealer will want to sell you a new car (or used), no matter what you are trading and if you are financing, leasing, or own it already. They will take the value of the car vs what is owed and work from there to make a deal. The dealer is always the worst place to sell or trade your car dollar wise though as they wish to turn around and make a huge profit on it. But you walk in with your old car and walk out with a new one, which is convenient over trying to sell it yourself.

If you go to sell it yourself to get maximum bucks back out of it, then there's the issue of what to drive after you sell it. If you have access to another car to drive in the meantime though and are willing to spend some time advertising, negotiating, and selling your car on our own you will likely save some cash vs the dealer trade in. There advantages and disadvantages to each approach, and you need to decide what is best for your situation.

You can have the dealer quote you a trade in value, then see how that compares to market value to help decide. You can normally sell a car fairly quickly for a grand or two more than a dealer would pay, as they will likely quote you well below low blue book.
Understood. But someone made it seem like if you went Lexus to Lexus, they would exonerate you of the excess miles (at no charge). Is that not the case?
Old 01-05-15, 03:08 PM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by edittman1
Understood. But someone made it seem like if you went Lexus to Lexus, they would exonerate you of the excess miles (at no charge). Is that not the case?
That doesn't sound right to me. Have you already tried contacting a dealer to see what options you have yet?
Old 01-05-15, 03:47 PM
edittman1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Soap
That doesn't sound right to me. Have you already tried contacting a dealer to see what options you have yet?
Yes. Lexus of Monterey gave me a tentative offer of $13k for my Prius, sight unseen. I believe they had the vehicle at a sales price of $53 or $54k, I forget. I have been seeing them go for $50-51k though.

The buyout on my prius is roughly $15,750, due in March. I'll have 30k in overage miles, at $0.15/mile I believe. There is no way I am paying $4500 plus the $300 fee to turn the car in. That's just stupid. Plus, I will take a $1700 hit when I have to pay for taxes/title and registration, so that should be factored in for sure.

I think the vehicle can easily sell on the fair market at $13k, but should be able to get $14.5k with a little patience. It's in 8.5/10 shape.

If they gave me $14,500 now, and a $50,500 selling price, I would walk in and buy it now.
Old 01-05-15, 03:52 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by edittman1
Anytime you trade out of a lease instead of just returning the car to the dealer, the dealer will assess the trade in value vs what is owed on the car (remaining payments + residual value + tax). You could be two months into a lease, or have just made your last payment - there is always a value vs what is owed, just like when financing. They will not charge you the 25 cents per mile fee (or whatever you had in your lease contract) if you are trading for another car. You do however lose more trade in value the more miles you have of course. If you are upside down, you got to work that into your next car deal regardless of lease vs finance or going one way to another, the dealer can only eat so much via their front end profit before you gotta pay the piper.

If you sell it on the streets yourself too (yes you can do this) there is no separate mileage fee either to pay the bank (it wont be their car anyways, make sense?), but you do have the residual payoff to deal with to purchase it from them and a higher mileage car that would sell for less. If you decide to keep the car yourself, there is no mileage fee to pay there either, you just pay off the residual. Again if its going to stay your car, they don’t care if you have a million miles on it.

So the only time you ever pay the per mile penalty is when simply walking away from it at the end. The dealer will come out, check your odometer and vehicle condition and charge you accordingly. This is true of any dealer any car lease, it’s not a Lexus thing. You will most likely either want a new car or keep this one at the end of your lease, so don’t sweat the mileage penalty too much here. If you drive many miles on a purchase and trade it 3 years from now, you would be in a similar position regarding value vs amount owed either way as you cant avoid new car depreciation no matter how you pay for it. The banks have it worked out so you pay the deprecation on the lease pretty closely.. and they don’t care about a high mileage car, so long as they don’t ever own it!

No matter what you do, the more you drive a car the more it will depreciate. Hope this clarifies things!
Old 01-05-15, 04:00 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

One more fact and benefit of Lexus lease, the lease requires the same full coverage for insurance as a finance so there are no additional costs in that regard. Other auto makes have higher insurance requirement hat also add to the cost of a lease. Not the case for Lexus!

You also pay tax monthly as you go on a lease, not according to the entire selling price of the car rolled into your payments. So you pay tax on roughly 30% of the car over the course of your lease, depending on the residual value. Residual depends on the car, the term, and the miles driven.

Let us know what you decide, today is the last day for December to Remember incentives!!
Old 01-06-15, 04:40 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default for those leasing just some food for thought

for all those who post with the famous i put 2k, 3k, 5k down and got 400 month please read
when leasing a vehicle you are basically renting the car.
the lease is calculated with the residual value what the cars worth at end of lease
the cap cost the net sales price and the lease factor the interest rate you pay, when manufacturers want to move out cars in volume they lower a lease factor to as close a 0% to give a lower monthly payment

when negotiating a lease always compare 3 dealers and tell each one the other is 15 to 25$ below the other after you know the about price you want to pay. for example if you target is 399 tell one 375 tell one 402 tell one 380 to beat the deal.

always negotiate tax in very important

always try to close the deal if you are negotiating a 10k lease close it with 12k i will do it right now
i do realize some will not need extra mileage so irrelevant for those

and most important just first month and acquisition fee upfront that means no leases with 2 , 3, 5 or whatever down its ridiculous if you can't afford the car with no money down don't buy the car,
your lining the pockets of dealers with thousands of profit and its the most ridiculous way to lease a car
also if you want to get out of lease or get in a accident and car is totaled you will lose the downpayment

seriously NO MONEY DOWN JUST TO REITERATE YOUR BUYING A IS250
lets say leasing it for 450 month
first month 450
aqui fee 500-600
small fees ok thats it
hope people read and save money happy new year
Old 01-06-15, 10:22 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

So who all from this thread was able to actually grab hold of a new GS so far.. Just seeing how many lives were changed here!

I see the "December to Remember" specials have been extended to 2-2-15 now, so you havent missed the boat yet if you're still pondering!!
Old 01-06-15, 02:24 PM
jc3103
Rookie

Just leased new GS 350 Nebula Grey/ Cab., in Florida. $470 mo. inc. tax. 0 down 1st month paid by Lexus. 27 mo lease. 7500 miles yr.
Old 01-06-15, 02:51 PM
Wincer94
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jc3103
Just leased new GS 350 Nebula Grey/ Cab., in Florida. $470 mo. inc. tax. 0 down 1st month paid by Lexus. 27 mo lease. 7500 miles yr.

Is this lease for an F-Sport GS 350?
Old 01-07-15, 05:24 AM
xruined901
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jc3103
Can you share the MSRP? Also the money factor and residual. Thanks!
Old 01-07-15, 08:25 AM
phampau
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xruined901
Can you share the MSRP? Also the money factor and residual. Thanks!
Keep in mind it's only 7500 miles/year, another reason the payment is low.
Old 01-07-15, 08:33 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Originally Posted by ls430lover
for all those who post with the famous i put 2k, 3k, 5k down and got 400 month please read
when leasing a vehicle you are basically renting the car.
the lease is calculated with the residual value what the cars worth at end of lease
the cap cost the net sales price and the lease factor the interest rate you pay, when manufacturers want to move out cars in volume they lower a lease factor to as close a 0% to give a lower monthly payment

when negotiating a lease always compare 3 dealers and tell each one the other is 15 to 25$ below the other after you know the about price you want to pay. for example if you target is 399 tell one 375 tell one 402 tell one 380 to beat the deal.

always negotiate tax in very important

always try to close the deal if you are negotiating a 10k lease close it with 12k i will do it right now
i do realize some will not need extra mileage so irrelevant for those

and most important just first month and acquisition fee upfront that means no leases with 2 , 3, 5 or whatever down its ridiculous if you can't afford the car with no money down don't buy the car,
your lining the pockets of dealers with thousands of profit and its the most ridiculous way to lease a car
also if you want to get out of lease or get in a accident and car is totaled you will lose the downpayment

seriously NO MONEY DOWN JUST TO REITERATE YOUR BUYING A IS250
lets say leasing it for 450 month
first month 450
aqui fee 500-600
small fees ok thats it
hope people read and save money happy new year
Yes! It's not rocket science. I pay absolutely no attention to lease numbers unless someone is giving me: capitalized cost/residual/mileage/money factor.

Just another way of financing. Would you ever except a loan without knowing what the APR was? Or how much you bought the car for?

I really didn't think the December to Remember lease deals were that great, except for paying the first payment. MF of .00015 and 64% seems to be pretty standard these days for this car.
Old 01-07-15, 10:02 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by phampau
Keep in mind it's only 7500 miles/year, another reason the payment is low.
7,500 miles/year is only about 20 miles per day. That's not much seat time...in motion!

Quick Reply: 2015 GS 350 F Sport lease