GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rc f

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-14, 05:53 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rc f

Have anyone here looked at the new RC F? I have seen a lot of press, but I haven't seen it in person. It appears to be pretty small on the interior. Cool factor if off the chart. I know we have an RC section to check-out, I'm just curious if the GS folks have opinions? or
Old 11-09-14, 06:00 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I like the car, but it's not really made for taller people. I'm about 6' 1" and my hair was brushing on the roof of the the RC at the dealership. I did lower the seat all the way and adjusted it to my seating position. It's quite a tight interior, no one could sit behind me and it wasn't the easiest to get in and out of due to the large sills. Made me stick to the GS. I might be able to forgive those things on an RCF, but definitely not on just an RC.
Old 11-09-14, 08:49 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm 5'10" and fit someone in the front and rear passenger seat my knees had to be touching the dash and the back of the seat. When I set the driver seat to where it be comfortable, there was less than an inch of space between the seat back and the rear seat.
Attached Thumbnails Rc f-image-3377959914.jpg  
Old 11-09-14, 08:59 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

That back seat is just useless.
Old 11-09-14, 10:14 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
That back seat is just useless.
Yep definitely. All 2 door cars (or at least most) are that way. It surprises me to see how many people with GS' consider an RC, beyond apples to oranges.
Old 11-09-14, 02:23 PM
Kayman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I waited to sit in an RCF. Very tight cockpit style versus cabin width comfort of GS. Glad I went with GS F Sport.
Old 11-09-14, 06:24 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I went to my dealer and sat in RC350 FSport today (not drive) and it's just so tight in there, it feels just like an IS and the backseat is definitely useless. I'm a tiny 5,7 Asian and the back seat is still useless.

They're really treating this car like an LFA, can't even test drive it and they mark up the price by $3K. Damn it's not even an RCF. Even my salesman said don't buy it now, it's not worth it. lol

I still like my GS better.
Old 11-09-14, 07:32 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

At least they got rid of the "mouse", which I hate. I assume it's a harbinger of things to come in the next year on the rest of the Lexus line.
Old 11-09-14, 08:47 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its small inside, but i love how it looks.

keyes lexus has a white f-sport one with aftermarket black wheels, looks super aggressive.

cant imagine what an RC-F will look like with wide wheels and a drop!
Old 11-09-14, 10:58 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the touch pad and the frame less rear view mirror. Search for price on Sewell cost $800 for the mirror so I pass.

The RC look just like the Scion FR-S with V6 engine and a hefty price tag so I'm glad I got the GS.
Old 11-10-14, 12:23 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Went to the RC launch event at my dealer. The RC 350 and F Sport both have some bs plastics in their interior and a cheap glove box door. It's not in the GS class at all. Looks cool though but as others have said, it's not really made for big people.

Guess I'll just hold out for that GS-F. May make enough to afford it easily when it hits production. That or the Infiniti Eau Rouge.
Old 11-10-14, 05:50 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So many people here saying they're glad they got the GS instead of the RC. Other than being the same brand, they aren't even in the same class, apples to oranges. That's like me saying "Omg so glad I got a Taurus instead of a fiesta". It's like duh..
Old 11-10-14, 06:43 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
So many people here saying they're glad they got the GS instead of the RC. Other than being the same brand, they aren't even in the same class, apples to oranges. That's like me saying "Omg so glad I got a Taurus instead of a fiesta". It's like duh..
I don't think it's quite apples to oranges... More like peaches to pears lol. If someone is looking for a reliable luxury car that looks good and has no preference on body style, I can see them cross shopping the two.
Old 11-10-14, 07:51 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onexcite
I like the touch pad and the frame less rear view mirror. Search for price on Sewell cost $800 for the mirror so I pass.
Haha

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Went to the RC launch event at my dealer. The RC 350 and F Sport both have some bs plastics in their interior and a cheap glove box door. It's not in the GS class at all. Looks cool though but as others have said, it's not really made for big people.

Guess I'll just hold out for that GS-F. May make enough to afford it easily when it hits production. That or the Infiniti Eau Rouge.
Originally Posted by sick21
But they demand a premium price or even more expensive than the GS. The lease on the RC is just blown out crazy expensive.
Old 11-10-14, 09:20 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that's why some dealers are saying wait for incentives. A brand new model will be expensive for first adopters. Next year or two after it has been debugged and discounted is the time to shop.

Quick Reply: Rc f