GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Just got my fsport last night and have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 07:31 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just got my fsport last night and have a couple questions

Hi all. Super excited still just picked up a 13 cpo fsport awd, obsidian and cabernet. Playing with the set up and seeing some of the posts on here a couple questions I had.

#1. There's a DIY thread for changing the puddle light. I couldn't find in the settings how to turn those lights on. When I lock the doors or unlock, they don't turn on.

#2. In the phone settings, there's an option to show contact pictures for the caller ID. I tried a couple calls, but the picture doesn't show on the dash screen, but does on my phone.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 10-30-14, 02:58 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by popping
Hi all. Super excited still just picked up a 13 cpo fsport awd, obsidian and cabernet. Playing with the set up and seeing some of the posts on here a couple questions I had.

#1. There's a DIY thread for changing the puddle light. I couldn't find in the settings how to turn those lights on. When I lock the doors or unlock, they don't turn on.

#2. In the phone settings, there's an option to show contact pictures for the caller ID. I tried a couple calls, but the picture doesn't show on the dash screen, but does on my phone.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
I don't think there is a "puddle light setting" at all (if there is it's via scan tool). Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. If they don't work take it back to the dlr. Not sure about the contact photo settings though.
Old 10-30-14, 03:10 PM
Kayman
Driver

contact setting photo can be turned on in car submenu... have a look. puddle lights should come on automatically but may be turned off. Try Carista app... turns off seatbelt buzzer too
Old 10-30-14, 04:03 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Yes Carista if you have an Android (app market place) as it is not finalized for IOS.
Old 10-30-14, 04:21 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The puddle lights turn on if the car is locked, the car has determined it is dark enough and as you approach the car with the keyfob on you. Locking / unlocking the car doors will not result in the puddle lights turning on.

One way to test this is to park the car in a garage lock the doors and walk away - wait until the car turns "off" (if your headlights were on - they will turn off after a bit of time). Walk back towards the car and the puddle lights should turn on.
Old 10-30-14, 08:09 PM
popping
Lead Lap

thanks all. I need to do the puddle light mod. Light really sucks. and the contact photo thing, need to have the call show in the main screen.

another question: is there a way to have something other than maps/navigation on the main screen while driving? for instance i move the music tab to the main screen, but then it goes back to maps.

Thanks
Old 10-30-14, 11:49 PM
chenalex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by popping

another question: is there a way to have something other than maps/navigation on the main screen while driving? for instance i move the music tab to the main screen, but then it goes back to maps.

Thanks
This could be taken care of in the setup tab - I think it's under "auto screen switch" or something like that and you can just turn it off
Old 10-31-14, 07:22 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chenalex
This could be taken care of in the setup tab - I think it's under "auto screen switch" or something like that and you can just turn it off
Thanks! I'll have to fix that soon
Old 10-31-14, 07:47 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

The contact photos are dependent on phone compatibility. Not all phones will transfer that info to the car. I know iPhones won't work. I think Samsung Galaxys do but not sure about others.
Old 10-31-14, 09:28 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by offroad200
The contact photos are dependent on phone compatibility. Not all phones will transfer that info to the car. I know iPhones won't work. I think Samsung Galaxys do but not sure about others.
I have a LG G3. the photos work, but you must set it so incoming calls are displayed on the main screen. Not the side screen.