GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Iphone 6+ bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-14, 02:24 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Anyone else having problem connecting ur iHeartRadio account?!
Old 09-28-14, 04:49 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes. Slacker was no problem linking but have not yet been successful with Iheart.
Old 09-28-14, 07:35 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tompass
Yes. Slacker was no problem linking but have not yet been successful with Iheart.
Thanks Tom, good to know I'm not the only one.
Old 09-28-14, 08:58 PM
TonyN13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 6 & Bluetooth - Solved!

See below for the resolution to the problem. Works like a charm. If you backed up your old iPhone and restored it to your new iPhone, this will fix the issue.

Originally Posted by drnelly
I was experiencing this issue on my 14 GS350 F-Sport and iPhone 6+. Hope the following helps.

The speakerphone disconnect and unresponsive steering wheel controls issues disappeared after the following steps, hopefully this is repeatable for more folks:

1. Unpaired and deleted the phone from the car
2. Removed/forgot the car's bluetooth handshake from the phone. (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Car's name -> Forget Device)
3. Uninstall Lexus Enform App (If you installed it)
4. Reset Network Settings on the iPhone 6+ (Settings -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings)
5. Restart iPhone
6. Re-paired the phone as usual
7. Re-install Lexus Enform App, log-in

Everything is working as expected now and I can make and receive calls from the phone and from the car's phone screen. Steering wheel controls and text messaging notifications also work as expected. Still can't reply with canned messages though.
Old 09-29-14, 02:33 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Had issues the first time I got it. I just removed the bluetooth device and then forget bluetooth pair. Paired it up again and working fine now. Have yet to test the Enform App yet but will do the steps above if I run into trouble. Thank you.
Old 09-29-14, 09:35 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Found a workaround for my iHeartRadio issue..

I logged in to Enform app using my Samsung Note 3 and was able to add my iHeart account there and somehow it linked to the Enform account that's on my iPhone too. So now I have both accounts added. Weird.. but works!
Old 09-30-14, 10:55 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After updating my iPhone 6+ to iOS 8.0.2 everything is fine. I can now connect and play music or make calls through Bluetooth.
Old 09-30-14, 11:24 PM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Found a workaround for my iHeartRadio issue..

I logged in to Enform app using my Samsung Note 3 and was able to add my iHeart account there and somehow it linked to the Enform account that's on my iPhone too. So now I have both accounts added. Weird.. but works!
Yeah, they all sync up through Lexus' servers. Another workaround here is to go to lexusenformappsuite.com on a computer, sign in, and link it up in there. I did that and it solved the issue for me.
Old 10-01-14, 08:20 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wfibear
Yeah, they all sync up through Lexus' servers. Another workaround here is to go to lexusenformappsuite.com on a computer, sign in, and link it up in there. I did that and it solved the issue for me.
Thank you!!!!!!
Old 10-01-14, 11:00 AM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Worked for me too. thanks wfibear!
Old 10-08-14, 10:44 PM
mdhaliwal
Driver School Candidate

For those of you looking for the SB for this issue:

L-SB-0009-13
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...available.html

I just had mine done yesterday - didn't fix anything!

I don't use an iPhone but I have gone through three phones so far and they all have the same issue. I will be taking a call or listening to music and the Bluetooth just disconnects for 20-30 secs. It is so annoying have to keep picking up the phone and going "what was that?" I have no problems with other cars' bluetooth connection, and they are far older than the GS. For a $60k car this is completely unacceptable, not to mention Lexus themselves say my phone is fully compatible with their system.

With the SB firmware update they did provide me with the literature the technicians get. And I kid you not, the last paragraph says - if this problem continues have the customer contact the manufacturer of the phone. Are you kidding me? Why don't they just say which phone and software actually works with the car - oh wait sounds like none of them!

Now that is out of my system, anyone using a phone that actually works all the time? Even 90% of the time?
Old 10-08-14, 11:28 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Just wanna throw it out there.

I am running iOS 8.1 Beta 2 on my iPhone 6 and still no issue. All buttons work, screen, music, phone, and apps. No problem. I had no issue with Beta 1 either.
Old 10-09-14, 05:53 PM
danspeeple
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Paired my Crapple 6 this morning and everything worked like my old Crapple 5S did. No problem here.
Did you used to get text messages and play them? if so how about now? I dont get text messages anymore on ios8 with iphone 6. I used to get them before the upgrade
Old 10-11-14, 09:48 AM
AJBSC
Driver School Candidate

I have the 6 plus and have tried all the previous post. In park everything works fine once I get moving the phone call will disconnect. Then while moving I can not receive or make call through BT. Everything else works. This is not right. Nobody will own the problem and fix it. Any other suggestions.
Old 10-11-14, 11:06 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by danspeeple
Did you used to get text messages and play them? if so how about now? I dont get text messages anymore on ios8 with iphone 6. I used to get them before the upgrade
Yes I just tested yesterday. iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1 Beta 2, everything works. I can get text messages while moving and it can read it to me. Phone calls along with music and all the buttons are working.

Quick Reply: Iphone 6+ bluetooth