GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

TSB:Aluminum Door Panel Trim Dented by Seat Belt Latchplate

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 10:46 AM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks to this thread, I got mine replaced last week. I went in for an oil change and asked if they could look at the panels. The pulled up the TSB on the computer and then looked at the car. Said the damage was present and would order the parts. Instead on having to come back, they offered a loaner (NX) and got it finished the next day. Perfect!
Old 11-06-15, 05:26 PM
Doridorid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSCT

Sorry I missed your post. The answer is yes, and I had mine done on my last oil change.
I confirm this - I called and there is a same TSB for Canada.
Old 12-02-15, 07:31 PM
Rayvens52
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a TSB for the rest of the trim? Mine has gotten dented around the shifter and by the trackpad. Also is there a good site that gives you all the TSB's that you recommend?
Old 12-02-15, 07:36 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Rayvens52
Does anyone know if there is a TSB for the rest of the trim? Mine has gotten dented around the shifter and by the trackpad. Also is there a good site that gives you all the TSB's that you recommend?
Click HERE
Old 12-03-15, 08:33 AM
puffdaddy
Driver

Originally Posted by Rayvens52
IMHO I don't think they will cover the shifter trim. The door trim gets dented from the belts in normal use, so they issued the TSB. Nothing would hit the shifter trim in normal use (that I can think of)
Old 12-10-15, 09:10 AM
2jS160
Driver

I brought my car into Rallye Lexus yesterday for an inspection with the TSB in hand. The damage was acknowledged but they wouldn't honor the TSB due to my cars mileage exceeding the 50k' mark. I've contact Lexus' corporate offices and I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 12-10-15, 12:28 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Such an awesome thread, thanks for sharing. Mine has this and it's very annoying, glad it will be replaced under warranty.
Old 12-10-15, 01:18 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jS160
I brought my car into Rallye Lexus yesterday for an inspection with the TSB in hand. The damage was acknowledged but they wouldn't honor the TSB due to my cars mileage exceeding the 50k' mark. I've contact Lexus' corporate offices and I'll keep everyone posted.
I checked and was denied too for being over 50k miles. They were kind enough to quote me on the price of the whole door assembly though lol.
Old 12-31-15, 09:28 AM
2jS160
Driver

As promised I have an update for everyone.

After speaking with someone from Lexus' corporate my Service Adviser was given a case number and a goodwill number to replace the trim under the TSB. Unfortunately due to an oversight only the LS driver side trim was authorized to be replaced. I just sent Lexus corporate an additional email inquiring if the RS passenger trim could be replace as well since the damage is present. Hopefully they will issue another goodwill number to have the opposite side replace.

Keep everyone posted.
Old 01-12-16, 03:55 PM
Lexed350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had mine done but TSB covers only the front door trims. I have dents at the rear door trims as well and they are not covered. Will hold off on the rear until a separate TSB is issued for them.
Old 01-12-16, 06:03 PM
2jS160
Driver

No dice on the front passenger side.

Lexus corp said during the initial complaint they noted that they were willing to comp the driver side as a courtesy. Can't really say that this outcome wasn't expected but how often do I sit in the passenger side anyways? Beggars can't be choosers but I'm still disappointed.
Old 01-26-16, 06:42 PM
2jS160
Driver

Just wanted to update everyone. As of yesterday the passenger side was comped by Lexus. It was done in under two hour and I had my car back on the same day. Once again Lexus has come through in honoring the TSB!

My Service Adviser Pam @ Rallye Lexus has come through big time and needless to say they have gone above and beyond in my eyes. They have earned my trust and business.
Old 01-26-16, 07:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jS160
Just wanted to update everyone. As of yesterday the passenger side was comped by Lexus. It was done in under two hour and I had my car back on the same day. Once again Lexus has come through in honoring the TSB!

My Service Adviser Pam @ Rallye Lexus has come through big time and needless to say they have gone above and beyond in my eyes. They have earned my trust and business.
Great news! That is what I have come to expect from Lexus.
Old 01-26-16, 07:47 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Going in next month to get mine done. Only have 19k miles on my 2013 so well within the warranty period.

Anyone experience rattles in the doors after the replacement of the door trims?

Although not under warranty, I need to replace my metal trim above the glove box on the dash. Was told it is an easy replacement and the part costs $175
Old 01-27-16, 11:44 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

My 2015 does this but not anything that naked eye can't see but if you feel it, definitely feel dents.

Going in to get crazy door panel rattle out too

Quick Reply: TSB:Aluminum Door Panel Trim Dented by Seat Belt Latchplate