GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

TSB:Aluminum Door Panel Trim Dented by Seat Belt Latchplate

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-14, 10:59 AM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
There's a difference between TSB and recall. Why would this be a recall? Its a minor issue. .
Thanks for the recall vs. TSB lesson. I will print this off for my next oil change visit and see if they dealership does anything.
Old 09-16-14, 07:04 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is in getting replaced as I type this. Sewell Lexus called to say they were also replacing the passenger's side trim (even though it has no dents) so I'm assuming whatever they've added to it will make it more dent-resistant in the long run. Also getting one rim resurfaced and the front end under the bumper repainted. The only charge is $40 for the front bumper, and she will be like new again!
Old 09-16-14, 07:27 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Mine is in getting replaced as I type this. Sewell Lexus called to say they were also replacing the passenger's side trim (even though it has no dents) so I'm assuming whatever they've added to it will make it more dent-resistant in the long run. Also getting one rim resurfaced and the front end under the bumper repainted. The only charge is $40 for the front bumper, and she will be like new again!
Don't know why but I'm excited too!
Old 09-17-14, 07:56 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Don't know why but I'm excited too!
Thanks! It's really nice when you've owned a car for almost 3 years and it comes back home looking just like a brand new one.
Old 09-19-14, 03:27 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

nice looking out!
Old 09-19-14, 03:39 PM
Wilyak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS 250 F Pillar Seat Belt Scuffing

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Good stuff. And is it just me or is anyone else's B pillar getting scuffed up from the seatbelt retracting so hard?
Mine too after 18 months and 20,000 miles. Going to ask for warranty claim.
Old 09-19-14, 04:08 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for sharing, another excuse to visit the stealer and hit up their free sodas/snacks in the waiting room.
Old 11-02-15, 10:32 PM
JKLionhear
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to this thread, I finally know what those dents in my aluminum trim are. There are about 15-20 dents there and I don't wear a watch so I was thinking someone went at it with an ice pick when I bought the car and I just never noticed for over a year (and ignored it for the 2nd year). Sadly I just took my car in for some clicking noises when turning my wheel and got brand new rotors (I guess there was a TSB on that too!) at 24.5k miles. Was pretty happy about that!

Originally Posted by dseag2
Just curious dseag, how'd you get the rim resurfacing done without charge and how'd you get the front bumper repainted for only $40? My front bumper is scratched to heck due to some higher-than-average curbs/cement parking blocks and I was assuming I'm just SOL and didn't bother looking into getting it fixed. For $40, it's a no brainer! Thanks in advance!
Old 11-03-15, 01:03 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JKLionhear
Just curious dseag, how'd you get the rim resurfacing done without charge and how'd you get the front bumper repainted for only $40? My front bumper is scratched to heck due to some higher-than-average curbs/cement parking blocks and I was assuming I'm just SOL and didn't bother looking into getting it fixed. For $40, it's a no brainer! Thanks in advance!

This! Please let us know how it's only $40. All of a sudden I have all these paint chips on my front bumper and it drives me insane. Damn construction trucks filled with rocks! Argh!
Old 11-03-15, 06:16 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
This! Please let us know how it's only $40. All of a sudden I have all these paint chips on my front bumper and it drives me insane. Damn construction trucks filled with rocks! Argh!
One of those trucks gave me a beautiful star on my windshield last week. I was pissed! I hate driving on I-10.
Old 11-03-15, 08:36 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm guessing none of these apply to the 450h? Just making sure
Old 11-03-15, 06:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JKLionhear
Thanks to this thread, I finally know what those dents in my aluminum trim are. There are about 15-20 dents there and I don't wear a watch so I was thinking someone went at it with an ice pick when I bought the car and I just never noticed for over a year (and ignored it for the 2nd year). Sadly I just took my car in for some clicking noises when turning my wheel and got brand new rotors (I guess there was a TSB on that too!) at 24.5k miles. Was pretty happy about that!

I had the wheel and tire package, so repairs were always done free of charge. As many times as I got curb rash the cost of the package was a no-brainer. I didn't take the package on my Audi and just paid $420 to have 3 wheels refinished. Now I drive it next to curbs like a little old lady.

Re: the bumper, it wasn't actually the front bumper that was painted for $40. It was the underside of the front bumper that had been scraped on cement parking blocks. I think they just sprayed it.
Old 11-04-15, 04:51 AM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by louisp_p
Great news! Does anyone know if we also have the same TSB in Canada?
Sorry I missed your post. The answer is yes, and I had mine done on my last oil change.
Old 11-04-15, 08:01 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Update: I brought the car into San Diego Lexus (Kearny Mesa) and they told me it was a "wear and tear" item and they didn't want to replace it for free.

I think I'll print out the TSB and go back to get it done (or go to another dealership).

/shrugs
Old 11-04-15, 08:11 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wilyak
Mine too after 18 months and 20,000 miles. Going to ask for warranty claim.
I'm looking to buy a piece of felt or something to stick where the seat belt rest. Don't want anything that looks like crap, but maybe just a small piece to put on the pillar so it will not scratch.

Quick Reply: TSB:Aluminum Door Panel Trim Dented by Seat Belt Latchplate