GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New f sport oem led projector fog light

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 07:21 AM
TRSMatt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow didnt realize Koito was making a projector version like this, I've seen the other one which is similar to our Morimoto XB LED Projector fogs for Toyota/Lexus - but this is different. Nice!
Old 08-17-14, 11:27 PM
HHumaid89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RLtoGS350
Anyone have the install diagram for fog lights on Base GS?

I bought the LED upgrades and got in there but can't figure out how to pull out the existing fog light. Seems to be connected to chrome bezel. Not sure if the whole bezel assembly needs to come out and how that works.

My friend, the fog cover/garnish with it bezel/chrome work all come as a one assembly, you need to get access from the backside where there 2 options:
1-"the one I did, due to I'm a handicapped" which is taking off the front bumper and work on it on other please like a room of some sort, better lighting nice climate
2-"pain in the *** which accessing from the wheel arch cover in front of the front tires, it's some clips 1 screw and you can pray the plastic black cover a little bit so you can get your hand inside and do the following:
In either options the thing to do here is undoing 4 clips for the fog cover and will come out easily

Then for old fogs, you need to unscrew the 4 bolts for each one, and also will come right off.

Revers everything back for the installation, and enjoy
Old 08-17-14, 11:42 PM
HHumaid89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRSMatt
Oh wow didnt realize Koito was making a projector version like this, I've seen the other one which is similar to our Morimoto XB LED Projector fogs for Toyota/Lexus - but this is different. Nice!
Yeah, tell me about it, your site is like a **** for any other dude LOL, I love going there , love your product
I let 4 of my friends buy from you, and my self also , I bought the harness for my fog installation, btw love the new version, and bought the XB35 5000k d4s, and I'm sad really cause I installed one and left the stock one, xb35 are really fast in turning on ,really fast not like the Toshiba, but I see that there the color temp. So i was sad and took it of , and they sit in my trunk , when I saw your STi-R I was more sad, due to the fact I must do the exact thing which I buying STi-R and CBI's, which they kinda expensive but also I have the XB35 , I bought them since 4 weeks ago

So when I was at your site I think 4 months or 5 , I saw the XB fog and I was like so happy , when I begun my planing , I saw I brand new 2014 GS350 F sport, with these new fogs , OMG I gotta have it , there amazing and OEM and 83 $ each, the kinda cheap, I know the May ure light about is higher , but there's 3 advantages , so I took it

Nice talking to my friend , hope to talk soon on those STi-R's and maybe could help me
Old 08-17-14, 11:46 PM
HHumaid89
Driver School Candidate

Yup of course
Here you go
Fog cover RH: 53141-30260
Fog cover LH: 53142-30100

Glad to help
Peace out
Old 08-19-14, 10:56 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Thanks just ordered these hopefully I like them.
Old 08-21-14, 07:25 PM
RLtoGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HHumaid89
My friend, the fog cover/garnish with it bezel/chrome work all come as a one assembly, you need to get access from the backside where there 2 options:
1-"the one I did, due to I'm a handicapped" which is taking off the front bumper and work on it on other please like a room of some sort, better lighting nice climate
2-"pain in the *** which accessing from the wheel arch cover in front of the front tires, it's some clips 1 screw and you can pray the plastic black cover a little bit so you can get your hand inside and do the following:
In either options the thing to do here is undoing 4 clips for the fog cover and will come out easily

Then for old fogs, you need to unscrew the 4 bolts for each one, and also will come right off.

yep. Went through the wheel-well (two clips and one under screw) and only had one screw inside to remove the fogs (small silver screw in plain sight) and swapped them out with the new LED's. Coming from Acura, mod's on this car can be done with a swiss army knife compared to a 578 piece Craftsman set. No regrets.
Old 10-30-14, 08:06 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Got my LED reflector fog lights swap out today for the projector version. Their lumens output are pretty much the same.

Here are some shots for comparison:
Attached Thumbnails New f sport oem led projector fog light-img_5766_resize.jpg   New f sport oem led projector fog light-img_5767_resize.jpg   New f sport oem led projector fog light-img_5764_resize.jpg   New f sport oem led projector fog light-img_5770_resize.jpg   New f sport oem led projector fog light-img_5769_resize.jpg  

Old 10-31-14, 02:33 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Does Sewell have these listed on their site somewhere?

and do they come with the bulbs already?
Old 10-31-14, 07:03 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HHumaid89

I wrote up a DIY here for the base fog replacement::

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...og-lights.html

Those projectors looks pretty cool!
Old 10-31-14, 12:40 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Does Sewell have these listed on their site somewhere?

and do they come with the bulbs already?
Here is the 2 parts number that I ordered. Just search on Sewell and it will come up. There're multiple of them make sure you get the correct one or call them to order over the phone.

Both LED reflector and projector fog lights bulb are built inside the housing, just plug and play. If the bulb burn out you'll have to replace the whole thing.

On the projector fog you might have to trim inside the bezel a little bit to get it snug fit. Mine is non-Fsport. Just look at the picture of those 2 fog together the projector have the rectangular shape while the reflector all round shape.
Old 11-01-14, 03:45 PM
ec282
Driver School Candidate

unfortunately I had to learn the hard way.

This does NOT fit the 2013+ RX with F Sport bumper.

hopefully that helps others that wanted to put it on their RX
Old 01-08-15, 05:38 PM
philippe89
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2014 IS 2014 non-fsport and the bolt pattern seems identical for sure but are you 100% it will fit underneath ?
Old 02-19-16, 08:19 AM
dman3626
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Crap. I ordered the garnishes listed on this thread for my Morimoto XB LED fogs. Is the hole going to be too small or will these garnishes also work with the LED Fogs? By the way thank you TRS for the quick shipping on the fogs.
Old 02-20-16, 10:20 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Old thread but I'm definitely going to look into these. Need new fogs.
Old 02-21-16, 09:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Old thread but I'm definitely going to look into these. Need new fogs.
I still have my brand new set that I bought over a year ago...

I'm supposed to eventually check and see if they work / fit in my IS F

Joe Z

Quick Reply: New f sport oem led projector fog light