GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Really nice F-Sport at my local dealer

Old 07-29-14, 01:00 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
Do we really need Head Up Display or/and Dynamic Handling System? That's 19" F Sport wheels really ugly, not worth $4K.
I mean, do we really need a GS? Lol. I have the HUD and DRS and I especially can't live without the HUD. The DRS, ehh I'll survive (but it does make cornering that much better).
Old 07-29-14, 01:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Those are the only OEM Forged wheels for the F Sport. I think it was just more seeing them on the car vs just sitting on the ground.

Here they are on a GS, they're good looking wheels just not worth $4k.:

The "Dynamic Handling System" is worth $1,700. That includes the rear steering:

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/02/0...demonstration/
Old 07-29-14, 04:51 PM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The cost about 1800 plus the michelin that run around 1200. So they are over around 1k
Old 07-29-14, 05:50 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That car is so loaded it looks like it may have been a custom order that someone balked on when it showed up. That appears to be the original Monroney sticker and not a dealer add on. Just go in there and make them an offer. You may catch them on a good day!
Old 07-29-14, 06:32 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Especially within the next couple of days. They will try to sell it for month end.
Old 07-29-14, 07:52 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
Do we really need Head Up Display or/and Dynamic Handling System?
If you have to ask you haven't driven a GS with these features. For me, yes.
Old 07-29-14, 11:05 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Aha, I thought all the alloy wheels were considered forged. Those are special addon wheels. Not worth an additional 4k if you ask me. I'd have them put the graphite F Sport wheels (same size, same tires) back on it, knock the price down, and say let's talk.

My car is also a loaded F Sport. Dynamic Handling, HUD, parking sensors, blind spot warning, ML audio, everything. I look at it like a complete package and it would be odd (at this point) having one with missing options. I love the HUD and don't even look at the speedo anymore unless I'm glancing at tire pressure or outside temperature. Would it be a deal breaker on my next car? Probably not, but it's nice to have. Same goes for the dynamic handling. It shaves 4 inches off the turning radius in parking lots so the car feels smaller when parking. During high speed maneuvering it tightens up handling as well, but with the Potenzas on it, I don't get the most out of it...they suck at road holding and bark at 45 mph offramp cloverleafs.

The stereo is super nice but I've heard the Lexus factory stereo is almost as good, and ultimately this depends on your source. Unless you're feeding it FLAC, dvd audio and other audiophile quality sources, the factory stereo is probably good enough, although the ML system adds more bass in the front doors thanks to large drivers, has a higher speaker count and higher wattage.

It's a tough decision, going all in and deciding on option packages, and you're at the mercy of available stock unless you want to wait 3-4 months on a special order. Take your time. Drive one with and without the options you're considering. Consider waiting a few months for the specials to kick in on the 2014's. Also consider an off-lease loaded F Sport. If it's certified and warrantied there isn't much to worry about, and since this car has entered production there has been a very short list of TSB's on it anyway. The engine and 6 speed tranny are old (and therefore well known to the manufacturer) and ubiquitous across the Lexus and Toyota product ranges, so no surprises there either.
Old 07-30-14, 08:32 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Aha, I thought all the alloy wheels were considered forged. Those are special addon wheels. Not worth an additional 4k if you ask me. I'd have them put the graphite F Sport wheels (same size, same tires) back on it, knock the price down, and say let's talk.
They can't do that because they're on the window sticker. If they were a dealer add on they could, but they came from the factory on the car.
Old 07-30-14, 11:44 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Another view of the forged wheels from onexcite...

Last edited by 1111GS; 05-22-21 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-30-14, 03:53 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Another view of the forged wheels from onexcite...
I like the look of the wheels, but for some reason they look a lot smaller than 19s. I don't know if it's the color or just the fact that the camera is lower to the ground than I stand..

I don't think they are work 4k, unless the rim/wheel combined weight is less than 40lbs, in which case it makes some sense.
Old 07-30-14, 06:59 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Those are the only OEM Forged wheels for the F Sport. I think it was just more seeing them on the car vs just sitting on the ground.

Here they are on a GS, they're good looking wheels just not worth $4k.:

The "Dynamic Handling System" is worth $1,700. That includes the rear steering:

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/02/0...demonstration/

There are two versions of forged F-Sport accessory wheels. The one shown in the photo above and the other version shown here :
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2014/2962.html

Old 07-30-14, 07:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Those wheels are F Sport wheels that were a dealer option for the IS starting from a couple years ago. The wheel I posted was designed specifically for the GS.
Old 07-30-14, 09:22 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Strange to have a dealer add-on accessory on the window sticker from the factory. This must have been a special order that someone got tired of waiting for.
Old 08-01-14, 08:58 PM
BRJACKET
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wheels I saw where option 2 on the above post. I was told the car was a Dealer rep car. It looks like they should be $500.00 each. Also, that price is for new wheels and it would seem like there would be some discount for not having the original wheels.
Old 08-02-14, 07:42 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRJACKET
The wheels I saw where option 2 on the above post. I was told the car was a Dealer rep car. It looks like they should be $500.00 each. Also, that price is for new wheels and it would seem like there would be some discount for not having the original wheels.
No discount for swapping out the OEM wheels with upgraded wheels. Especially for potential revenue if they can get someone to take the car from them at or near that asking price. As noted by everyone on here, those wheels are marked up on that factory sticker by quite a lot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Really nice F-Sport at my local dealer