GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What's your plan after the 4GS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 10:13 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
Personally, I don't get the LS. It's the big, rolling sofa of the Lexus line. It's for the senior set or people who need to pack a lot of stuff. The GS is all you need for sporty driving and as a daily driver (the IS is too small for a daily driver unless the owner is on the physically small side or extremely young).

Right now, after my lease is up in 2015, I'm thinking there can be only one car for me to pick next: Jaguar F-Type R Coupe.
For those of us who are of the mature set, the LS could be the logical next step up in the Lexus line. I'd take the LS F-Sport in a heart beat. Whether it floats or not!
Old 07-11-14, 01:43 PM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me it depends on what Lexus does with the engine options for the GS. I love my GS, but it needs more power. If the only option for the GS is the current V6 engine, I'll probably go with a BMW 550i or Audi S6. If Lexus offers a V8 option, I'll strongly consider another GS.
Old 07-11-14, 03:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The LS is the ultimate Lexus, it's the original Lexus that the entire brand was designed around.

As I've said before, the GS is fine for me except the back seat is too small, and I appreciate the added smoother and quieter ride and additional refinement of the LS.
I would love to see Lexus put a 'comfort' mode on the GS like the LS. The air suspension would be a neat option
Old 07-12-14, 09:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I would love to see Lexus put a 'comfort' mode on the GS like the LS. The air suspension would be a neat option
Yeah I agree. It rides great, if there were just a way to make it a little bit cushier at low speeds over speed bumps and such when I wanted it to be that would be perfect.

It's funny, Jim (CL member Kansas) made a good point. My GS is almost exactly the same size as his 00 LS. When you look up the specs he's right. It's like 5 inches shorter, but wheelbase, interior dimensions, etc are very close.
Old 07-12-14, 08:15 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I sat in a 2014 LS FSport today and man.. that car is something else. I didn't wanna get out! lol and that backseat is so comfy.

And then there's this...

Old 07-14-14, 01:47 PM
LexFather

^^ Great pics! Love the LFA....

Already noticing we drive the LS all the time now since we had the kid...I think we took the GS out once...the LS ride is better and clearly there is more space.....

I did drive the GS to work a couple of times by myself and it is just a ****ing pleasure to drive and have some fun in.
Old 07-14-14, 07:33 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So, am I pretty much the only one in this thread looking at the RC? The RC-F will be pretty incredible; at least, it is in photographs and on paper. The V8 alone is worth the price of admission and the interior looks like an IS for grown ups.
Old 07-14-14, 07:49 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
So, am I pretty much the only one in this thread looking at the RC? The RC-F will be pretty incredible; at least, it is in photographs and on paper. The V8 alone is worth the price of admission and the interior looks like an IS for grown ups.
No, you're not the only one. I'm seriously considering an RC350 F Sport myself. I'll test drive the RC-F as well but it may be more car than I need. I was also considering the NX, but the reviews haven't been overwhelming. Sharp looking outside, great interior, but not a particularly great driver due to weight vs. power ratio and center of gravity. Not a big surprise.

Last edited by dseag2; 07-14-14 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-14-14, 08:03 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah I bet the NX feels like a dog, like the CT does. Heavy and pokey don't mix when you're in this price bracket. Although the target market for those models are more about looks and style than substance.
Old 07-15-14, 04:17 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

It is on my list, but I think the front end is hideous. It will depend on pricing and just how small the rear seat room is.

I'm surprised the new Hyundai Genisis is not getting any play here. It appears to be a hell of a car at a hell of a price. It just shows how much the badge is still putting off upper end buyers.
Old 07-15-14, 04:43 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I'm surprised the new Hyundai Genisis is not getting any play here. It appears to be a hell of a car at a hell of a price. It just shows how much the badge is still putting off upper end buyers.
I bet there are many with an eye on the Genesis. But probably won't admit it here. I've taken a gander at the new Genesis. Looks interesting, at least the bells and whistles. Not really that fond of the front. They have that Ford Fusion catfish mouth thing going on. I had the 1st generation Genesis sedan. The V8 power plant was smooth and was a beast. But the rest left lots to desire. The body integrity turned me off. And although you don't buy a car to talk about the service department, when I took my car in, I felt like I was bringing in a Yugo and not a $40,000+ car.
Old 07-15-14, 08:04 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

The previous gen Genesis I test drove had a cheap build quality. The trunk is half metal and half plastic and the door handles feel like they could pop off anytime, and the grille feels flimsy and... cheap. My old Camry had a better build quality than that and the Genesis costs more than a Camry.

Don't know about the new one, sometimes they look good in pictures but in real life they're not.
Old 07-15-14, 09:45 AM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Traded a '13 Genesis 4.6 for the GS AWD. Was a fantastic car but the RWD killed me last winter. If the 5.0 Genesis AWD was available in States, I would have purchased same.
Old 07-15-14, 11:03 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was under the impression that the IS and the RC had essentially the same interior?
Old 07-15-14, 11:59 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexFather
^^ Great pics! Love the LFA....

Already noticing we drive the LS all the time now since we had the kid...I think we took the GS out once...the LS ride is better and clearly there is more space.....

I did drive the GS to work a couple of times by myself and it is just a ****ing pleasure to drive and have some fun in.
Time to get LFA Mike!

Than you'll have a nice fleet of rides.

Quick Reply: What's your plan after the 4GS?