GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Local forecast - how do you get it

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-14, 01:12 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local forecast - how do you get it

When I ask about the weather what I am interested in is the local forecast.

How do I get this with a voice command?

And if I can't do with voice how do I avoid to scroll though a bunch of cities to do Enform where I am?
Old 05-15-14, 01:25 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Voice command are a real weak spot with Lexus. Believe it or not, my '11 Genesis was much better regarding voice commands. Maybe someone has an answer to your question,
Old 05-15-14, 01:45 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

I would be happy to press the forecast button BUT I do not want to have scroll through the list of cities everytime to remind it where I am.
Old 05-15-14, 02:15 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

More voice commands, more safety. Having to put eyes on screen and start scrolling through options is not a good idea. Lexus needs to wake up and provide us with a firmware or software update.
Old 05-15-14, 03:37 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This is one of the weakest UI designs in the entire Enform system, and it never lets me forget how bad it sucks. Ok, go to weather. You're shown a map of where you are. You get a Forecast button.

A rational person would associate the map with the forecast. Nope, instead you get a list of cities to choose from. It is just mind-numbingly stupid design, and I will make sure I mention it if the LAB ever has another questionnaire.
Old 05-15-14, 04:07 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
This is one of the weakest UI designs in the entire Enform system, and it never lets me forget how bad it sucks. Ok, go to weather. You're shown a map of where you are. You get a Forecast button.

A rational person would associate the map with the forecast. Nope, instead you get a list of cities to choose from. It is just mind-numbingly stupid design, and I will make sure I mention it if the LAB ever has another questionnaire.
The 5gs should cover all the issues.
Old 05-15-14, 04:25 PM
lexicanto
Driver School Candidate

Enform still has place to improve. Best I have done is taking some time, reading Enform's manual and just learning the available commands. If you don't have the manual it's also on Lexus' site.

lexus.com/enform/

Just learn the available commands, you don't have to scroll down from the list.
Old 05-15-14, 06:23 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexicanto
Enform still has place to improve. Best I have done is taking some time, reading Enform's manual and just learning the available commands. If you don't have the manual it's also on Lexus' site.

lexus.com/enform/

What exactly are the commands that get you to the local forecast? I read it but could not find such commands. I am glad you did. Please share them.
Old 05-16-14, 06:04 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexicanto

lexus.com/enform/

I just finished pouring through the site and could not find it. Can you please tell me the commands to get the local weather?
Old 05-16-14, 07:33 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

All you have to do is press the voice command, and say "Lexus Weather", and then look out your window. It works anywhere...

Old 05-16-14, 07:41 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

All you have to do is press voice command and say Weather. I do it all the time. Try Weather or Traffic for traffic reports. With my iPod attached I can get it to play the playlist, artist and even song I want. Voice command works great for me when I'm driving alone but with passengers they need to shut up! LOL

The only thing I don't like is having to confirm everything all the time.
Old 05-16-14, 09:05 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by praetor
All you have to do is press voice command and say Weather. I do it all the time. Try Weather or Traffic for traffic reports. With my iPod attached I can get it to play the playlist, artist and even song I want. Voice command works great for me when I'm driving alone but with passengers they need to shut up! LOL

The only thing I don't like is having to confirm everything all the time.
That does NOT give you the local forecast. All it does is display a map which usually has nothing on it unless there is rain right now.

Back to the original question. How do you get the local forecast without scrolling through tons of cities to tell the system which should already know which is where you are???
Old 05-16-14, 10:38 AM
JAM
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Use the weather map on navigation screen. Works all the time. Point the mouse on city and click and the local forcaste vcomes up on top of screen.
Old 05-16-14, 10:46 AM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It would be really nice if Lexus would add the weather channel app that would display your location data along with the radar map. Now I just look out the window or hand my iPad to my passenger and have them use the weather app. The included weather only gives me the weather 50 miles away or tells me that severe weather is around which I already know by looking out the window.
Old 05-17-14, 07:02 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Traffic & weather on the 2's?

Quick Reply: Local forecast - how do you get it