GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Kia's K900 seems to be plagerizing our GS style and features

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 05:37 AM
jucytec
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
A coworker just bought a KIA K900 and he ask me if I would like to see his new car. He knew I was a car enthusiast and wanted to prove to me, that korean cars are as good or better than Japanese cars. Well upon opening the car door what really shocked me is how eriely similar designs of the k900 to Lexus GS and other manufacturers like Mercedes.

First of all the K900 has a analog clock just like the gs and its led lit too. The audio system is a 17 speaker with 900 watts of power similar to lexus but different audio companies mark levinson vs Lexicon.
This car has every option my GS has but also has radar cruise feature that I dont have. The Blind spot monitor uses the same symbol on the side mirror just like lexus uses and they both light up yellow! The seat adjustment for the K900 copied that of Mercedes Benz even located same place, door handle.
I can go on and on all day. There are designs from Ford, Infiniti and BMW found throughout the K900. The koreans are not creative at all and just copies other car manufactures without even trying to make a car unique to its brand name.

Overall I find the car to be very bland in design but I have to say I do like the rear seat that recline and split fold 60/40, wish my GS had that.
My co worker said he will let me test drive his K900 some day. So I might have a review coming soon.

End Rant.
K9 series have been around for longer then 4GS, and the K900 was developed the same time frame as 4GS. Korean car's generally copy Everyone, not just Lexus. and yes while south korean car's reputation might take longer to recover, workmanship and reliability is on par with the Japanese...
Old 05-08-14, 05:46 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The Genesis is a very nice car for the $$$.
However,Hyundai service dept is awful.At least the dealership that serviced my son's Elantra.
Old 05-08-14, 06:36 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The Genesis is a very nice car for the $$$. However,Hyundai service dept is awful.At least the dealership that serviced my son's Elantra.
same with Kia dealers. there service department is horrible. many complaints on the Kia forum from dealers around the country. guess there one in the same . Kia/Hyundai .
Old 05-08-14, 06:39 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
same with Kia dealers. there service department is horrible. many complaints on the Kia forum from dealers around the country. guess there one in the same . Kia/Hyundai .
They were bad.Very low class.
My son got rid of the Elantra and went back to a Honda with new Civic.Our Honda dealer is very good..
Old 05-08-14, 07:28 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
One other supporting point... I actually built a 2015 Genesis to my liking and sent the request for a test drive via the Hyundai website to Hyundai of Mesquite. Along with that, a Kelly Black Book estimate for my trade was generated from that same site. Wouldn't you think they would want to snag a Lexus owner? Well, that was last weekend, and I've yet to hear from anyone at Hyundai. I did the same when the new IS350 was introduced and received a reply from the Lexus salesperson the next day asking me to come in for a test drive. If that is any indication of the support and responsiveness that can be expected of Hyundai, they still have a long way to go to earn my business.
Believe it or not, I had the same experience, but with one of the Lexus dealerships in Dallas (initials PP-G) for my GS. I contacted them via their internet sales team, who never contacted me back. Thinking that maybe their Email system was messed up, I contacted them via phone and was told that as soon as they had inventory, they would contact me. (this is the same dealership where I had my earlier Lexus serviced, so they "recognized" me in their systems).
A month later, no contact - Called them again, and was told "Sorry, no inventory available". I drove to their dealership the same afternoon. Sales people busy showing GS to customers ("no inventory" my @$$).
  • Sales person took me for a test drive (but was trying to keep the drive short (<2miles) - for fear of adding miles on a "new, in demand" car! Really??).
  • Anyway, went back to his desk, and asked for a specific option (needed park assist on Premium model) - he said "not possible". I said that West coast has those, can't you get it from there? and he said "No, Lexus won't let us sell that option here".
  • Final straw - he gave me a ridiculously low quote on my trade in Lexus. I told him "I am not going to bargain - give me your best trade in price - don't call me after I leave and try to bump up the trade-in quote". He said "That's the best price".

I thanked him for his time, and left. Drove to Sewell Dallas the same day.
  • Sales person recommended that I drive on highway, and side roads - as long as I needed.
  • Back at his office, when I asked for Park assist on premium model, he said that Dallas didn't get that model, but looked up inventory coming in to East coast, and said that he could get me the exact config I wanted.
  • I asked for best price on my trade in (again, told him not to call me after I leave to try to bump up price on trade-in - he laughed and said "We don't do that"). He went to his finance team, and came back with a trade in price about 4k higher than what PP-G had offered.

I bought the GS from Sewell the next day (took a few weeks for the car to actually come in)
(Oh, and PP-g called me back that evening, and offered me an extra $500 on my trade-in, despite me having told them not to call me back with a higher quote on my trade-in)

What a difference!!!

Don't get me wrong - PP-g is a good dealership, their service dept at least. But their sales team left a really bad taste. I sent a brief, polite note to their sales team lead and to their GM about this experience, and never heard back (besides the standard auto-reply).
Old 05-08-14, 07:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by jj14
Believe it or not, I had the same experience, but with one of the Lexus dealerships in Dallas (initials PP-G) for my GS. I contacted them via their internet sales team, who never contacted me back.
That doesn't surprise me.

Having dealt with many dealerships across many makes I can tell you that the individual dealership has more to do with quality of service than the brand they sell. Dealers are independent, and they have guidelines that come down from the manufacturer but manufacturers don't have much control over them.
Old 05-08-14, 08:55 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
That doesn't surprise me.

Having dealt with many dealerships across many makes I can tell you that the individual dealership has more to do with quality of service than the brand they sell. Dealers are independent, and they have guidelines that come down from the manufacturer but manufacturers don't have much control over them.
My experience the same with local Lexus & Infiniti dealers.

Now the local Lexus dealer closest to my house very horrible in sale department but still good in service department. Despite I bought 2 Lexus from them in the pass with the previous sale manager & sale people, the new manager & his sale people treat me like I'm a dumb alien. Took off to the next dealer and drove home with a new 4GS.
Old 05-08-14, 09:30 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Kia hired Morpheus to help sell their car.

We should hire Agent Smith.

Old 05-08-14, 10:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I thought the Morpheus ad was a good ad...just about 8 years too late LOL
Old 05-08-14, 11:09 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The dealer is only as good as the people they hire. I've been to Toyota, Honda, Lexus dealers with poor service. One Honda dealer actually stole my money by claiming they serviced my old Civic which they did not. Car came back untouched and made me wait all day just for an oil change. lol
Old 05-08-14, 01:35 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
The dealer is only as good as the people they hire. I've been to Toyota, Honda, Lexus dealers with poor service. One Honda dealer actually stole my money by claiming they serviced my old Civic which they did not. Car came back untouched and made me wait all day just for an oil change. lol
You should put up a negative review of that dealership on Yelp.com. That way you can spread the word and corporate will act.
Old 05-08-14, 07:14 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jj14
Believe it or not, I had the same experience, but with one of the Lexus dealerships in Dallas (initials PP-G) for my GS. I contacted them via their internet sales team, who never contacted me back. Thinking that maybe their Email system was messed up, I contacted them via phone and was told that as soon as they had inventory, they would contact me. (this is the same dealership where I had my earlier Lexus serviced, so they "recognized" me in their systems).
A month later, no contact - Called them again, and was told "Sorry, no inventory available". I drove to their dealership the same afternoon. Sales people busy showing GS to customers ("no inventory" my @$$).
  • Sales person took me for a test drive (but was trying to keep the drive short (<2miles) - for fear of adding miles on a "new, in demand" car! Really??).
  • Anyway, went back to his desk, and asked for a specific option (needed park assist on Premium model) - he said "not possible". I said that West coast has those, can't you get it from there? and he said "No, Lexus won't let us sell that option here".
  • Final straw - he gave me a ridiculously low quote on my trade in Lexus. I told him "I am not going to bargain - give me your best trade in price - don't call me after I leave and try to bump up the trade-in quote". He said "That's the best price".

I thanked him for his time, and left. Drove to Sewell Dallas the same day.
  • Sales person recommended that I drive on highway, and side roads - as long as I needed.
  • Back at his office, when I asked for Park assist on premium model, he said that Dallas didn't get that model, but looked up inventory coming in to East coast, and said that he could get me the exact config I wanted.
  • I asked for best price on my trade in (again, told him not to call me after I leave to try to bump up price on trade-in - he laughed and said "We don't do that"). He went to his finance team, and came back with a trade in price about 4k higher than what PP-G had offered.

I bought the GS from Sewell the next day (took a few weeks for the car to actually come in)
(Oh, and PP-g called me back that evening, and offered me an extra $500 on my trade-in, despite me having told them not to call me back with a higher quote on my trade-in)

What a difference!!!

Don't get me wrong - PP-g is a good dealership, their service dept at least. But their sales team left a really bad taste. I sent a brief, polite note to their sales team lead and to their GM about this experience, and never heard back (besides the standard auto-reply).
Sewell Lexus has always exceeded my expectations. I took my SC430 to PP to have a dent taken out and they never washed the car after service. When I asked why, they said they only wash cars purchased from their dealership. Very shortsighted, plus I owned one of the most expensive Lexus cars at that time. Do you think I want to go back there when I trade again? No.
Old 05-08-14, 07:31 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
You should put up a negative review of that dealership on Yelp.com. That way you can spread the word and corporate will act.
I should have, but this was back in 06 or 07 and that Honda dealer has been changing management more than I can count. lol Definitely not going back there.
Old 05-09-14, 05:47 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Sewell Lexus has always exceeded my expectations. I took my SC430 to PP to have a dent taken out and they never washed the car after service. When I asked why, they said they only wash cars purchased from their dealership. Very shortsighted, plus I owned one of the most expensive Lexus cars at that time. Do you think I want to go back there when I trade again? No.
I have been pleasantly surprised by Sewell too. The other Lexus dealership is very close to my place, but I think I'm going to continue going to Sewell for servicing (even though it is about 30 minutes or worse from me, with horrible traffic during rush hour)
Don't get me wrong - PP-g has a pretty neat Service department. Much more spacious, and well designed. The service adviser actually has a (small) room where you can sit and discuss the issues. Sewell (probably because of the location) has very small rooms (with 4 advisors crammed into each room) - no chairs etc. But at the end of the day, what matters is the quality of service. And Sewell has not failed on any front yet.

It is sad how one bad experience can ruin a customer's impression of a dealership. I think the part that really ticked me off was the lack of response from this dealership even when I sent them a (very polite) note explaining the issues. Oh well. Thankfully, there are options!
Old 05-11-14, 11:28 AM
LexFather

I can only talk bout Sewell Parts and they have always been amazing to deal with. I've heard great stories about the buying experiences there over the years.