GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Enform Updates...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 02:29 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Enform Updates...

Did you guys get the e-mail from Lexus that they will be updating the Enform App Suite to add Saved Destinations and replace the e-Destination which is currently in the Safety Connect? That is great news and I'm glad Lexus is listening...
Old 03-25-14, 03:14 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, but I tried to sent my e-destination to the car and have never gotten it to show up. WHere do you find that? I've read the manual but it's not clear...
Old 03-25-14, 03:29 PM
Abermac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never got mine to work either. Kind of forgot about it...
Old 03-25-14, 04:28 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I got the email, but I wish they had the update available right now rather than making us wait a few weeks.
Old 03-25-14, 04:43 PM
obadea
Intermediate

e-Destination worked really well when I had it. Because I didn't renew Safety Connection, I don't have it anymore. If you have set a destination either on the phone or on the web, do the following to download it in the car:

1. Go to Destination
2. Points of Interest
3. e-Destinations
4. Download

They will show up ...
Old 03-25-14, 04:50 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the email this morning, seems like a waste...where's my siri eyes free update

We hope you are enjoying your Lexus and your Lexus Enform® App Suite service with in-vehicle access to popular mobile applications, such as BingTM, Pandora® and iHeartRadio.

Lexus is proud to introduce a new feature called Saved Destinations, which makes planning your next trip easier. Along with announcing this new feature we also want to inform you of the transition of some features from your Lexus Enform App Suite to the My Lexus and Beyond mobile app, Lexus Roadside Assistance mobile app, and lexusdrivers.com.

Saved Destinations

Saved Destinations is a new Lexus Enform App Suite feature that replaces eDestination within your Lexus Enform App Suite. When searching for points-of-interest (POIs) via Bing within the Lexus Enform App Suite, you can easily store and send your selected points-of-interest (POIs) directly to your vehicle using the Saved Destinations feature. Once your phone is paired, these POIs are accessed via the Saved Destinations folder in your vehicle where you can easily download them to your navigation system and be ready to go.

Please note: Saved Destinations replaces eDestination on mobile devices; however, eDestination will continue to be available through the lexusdrivers.com site.

To use Saved Destinations, you will need to update your existing Lexus Enform App Suite mobile app and your in-vehicle software.

Mobile App Update: Watch for the Lexus Enform App Suite update on your phone in early April or visit the Apple® App StoreSM[1] on your mobile device. Once app version (1.5.31) is available, please update to the new version.
In-Vehicle Software Update: You will automatically receive an on-screen notification in your vehicle when the update is available. Please follow the simple instructions on the screen and your system will be automatically updated to the latest version of Lexus Enform App Suite.

Transition of Select Features

Going forward, the Lexus Enform App Suite (handset version) will only contain features that match those available within Lexus Enform App Suite in your vehicle (Table 1). Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Information, Dealers Nearby and Lexus Mobile[2] will be removed from the Enform App Suite mobile app, but will be available within the My Lexus and Beyond app (Table 2), the Lexus Roadside Assistance app (Table 3) or via lexusdrivers.com (Table 4).

(1) Lexus Enform App Suite:
Pandora®
Facebook Places
Yelp®
iHeartRadio
MovieTickets.com
OpenTable®
BingTM
Saved Destinations
Enform Tutorials
Fuel Guide (select MY14 only)
Sports (select MY14 only)
Stocks (select MY14 only)
(2) My Lexus and Beyond
Vehicle Information (How-to Videos)
(3) Lexus Roadside Assistance
Roadside Assistance
Dealers Nearby
(4) lexusdrivers.com website
Vehicle Information (How-to Videos)
eDestination
My Lexus and Beyond is a mobile companion designed exclusively for Lexus owners who use iPhone®[1]. In addition to the feature previously noted, you'll also have quick access to your vehicle-service history, information on Lexus-owner benefits, as well as valuable guidance on your vehicle's features and technologies. My Lexus and Beyond is a single, convenient location for valuable Lexus ownership tools.

Lexus Roadside Assistance is designed to give Lexus owners an added level of safety and convenience while on the road. This app makes it easy to initiate a call with Lexus Roadside Assistance at any hour, on any day of the week. The app also pinpoints nearby Lexus dealerships in case you need one when traveling.

You can download both the My Lexus and Beyond and Lexus Roadside Assistance apps by visiting the Apple App Store

Thank you for being a loyal Lexus customer, and we hope you continue to enjoy your Lexus Enform App Suite service.

Sincerely,
Lexus Enform App Suite Customer Support

Last edited by puckhead85; 03-25-14 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-25-14, 05:34 PM
obadea
Intermediate

I'm not an iPhone user, so I could care less about Siri stuff.
Old 03-25-14, 06:00 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by obadea
I'm not an iPhone user, so I could care less about Siri stuff.
:P To be honest, I used Siri the day I got the phone and never again so it wouldn't be very important to me either.
Attached Thumbnails Enform Updates...-image-1678861246.jpg  
Old 03-25-14, 06:29 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Does this mean that you will have e-destination without a Safety Connect subscription? It seems like it.
Old 03-25-14, 07:35 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I got three emails on this today which was pointless as the update isn't out for a while. I would have rather be surprised by my phone blinking with an update.
Old 03-25-14, 07:59 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is it just me or is this a pretty minor update? I have had my GS for almost two years and in that time Enform updates have been insignificant at best. This is the very "first" upgrade. I would barely call it that!

Nice to see something...anything. But let's not all fawn over something that we should have seen maybe within 60 days of release. two years ago. If this is the first sign of Lexus actually joining the modern day of a connected vehicle, I am a great supporter. But there is a lot of lost ground to cover (and probably lawyers to fire!).

If this is a start of something new in their update process/willingness, I'm happy. But the specific changes indicated are just sort of "meh..".
Old 03-25-14, 08:10 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm waiting for the email saying how stupid it was to choose Bing over Google and they're sending me a free hat as a consolation prize.
Old 03-25-14, 08:50 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope the Enform app update makes it so you can add an eDestination from within the app.
Old 03-26-14, 01:43 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't checked my email about this but the first time and last time I used the Enform apps and eDestination was on the RX last year and I wasn't impressed. It's slow or just don't work sometimes. I haven't even setup the Enform yet on my GS because of this.. IMO why use eDestination when it is much faster to just type in the address in the Nav vs logging into Lexusdrivers.com and adding a destination there. Sounds cool because of the connectivity but boggling real world usage.
Old 03-26-14, 04:59 AM
obadea
Intermediate

This implies the e destination will be free. That's the only thing I wanted from safety connect.

Quick Reply: Enform Updates...