GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Still No one with Deep Sea Mica F sport???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 01:08 PM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still No one with Deep Sea Mica F sport???

I have searched and have not found one Dealer with a Deep Sea Mica F sport.

Any Members have this combo or ordered it???

I really wanted to see this in person first or some good pics.

But I have narrowed it down to 2 completely different colors.

Obsidian Black / Cab
or
Liquid Platinum/ Cab

The Detailer side of me knows Liquid Platinum would be the far easier choice for Maint/ up keep for a daily driver but everytime I see silver I think of my buddy's Hybrid Camry. I do know this is a different type of silver paint though.

However being that I do Professional Detailing Mostly as a hobby and a side job for a select few clients and friend and family members I am not ruling Obsidian Black out. I know what up keep will be required.

Car will be Coated with Opti Coat Pro after pick up.
Interior Will be coated with PBL Leather and Vinyl Coating.

I would love to go with Obsidian as I think it fits the F sport perfect and gives it a far sportier and aggressive look.

I guess I was just hoping to see a Deep Sea Mica F sport before placing my order.
Although I wish Lexus offered a custom and deeper metallic blue like those found on BMW and Audi. Such Stunning colors.

I really think this is one of Lexus biggest downfalls they play it way too safe with Exterior Paint Colors. Especially for the F sport Line.

As previously mentioned in other threads I have been considering a few other cars but I continue to find myslef drawn in to the GS Fsport. Therefore I believe I have made my decision
Old 02-01-14, 01:58 PM
msp713
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jrocket
I have searched and have not found one Dealer with a Deep Sea Mica F sport.

Any Members have this combo or ordered it???

I really wanted to see this in person first or some good pics.

But I have narrowed it down to 2 completely different colors.

Obsidian Black / Cab
or
Liquid Platinum/ Cab

The Detailer side of me knows Liquid Platinum would be the far easier choice for Maint/ up keep for a daily driver but everytime I see silver I think of my buddy's Hybrid Camry. I do know this is a different type of silver paint though.

However being that I do Professional Detailing Mostly as a hobby and a side job for a select few clients and friend and family members I am not ruling Obsidian Black out. I know what up keep will be required.

Car will be Coated with Opti Coat Pro after pick up.
Interior Will be coated with PBL Leather and Vinyl Coating.

I would love to go with Obsidian as I think it fits the F sport perfect and gives it a far sportier and aggressive look.

I guess I was just hoping to see a Deep Sea Mica F sport before placing my order.
Although I wish Lexus offered a custom and deeper metallic blue like those found on BMW and Audi. Such Stunning colors.

I really think this is one of Lexus biggest downfalls they play it way too safe with Exterior Paint Colors. Especially for the F sport Line.

As previously mentioned in other threads I have been considering a few other cars but I continue to find myslef drawn in to the GS Fsport. Therefore I believe I have made my decision
I thought about LP as well but just can't get away from Black...especially during the daytime, I think the LEDs really stand out well on the F Sport! I think Deep Sea Mica would have been nice but haven't seen one around with the F Sport package
Old 02-01-14, 06:09 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a non F sport DSM... love the color
There are a few pictures floating around in the picture thread. I think it's a rare color to begin with so the F sport makes it rarer..
Old 02-02-14, 10:56 AM
slowlane05
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rallye Lexus in NY had one the day after thanksgiving (when I ordered my car). It's a nice color, but I wasn't completely sold on it.
Old 02-02-14, 02:50 PM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

Got my obsidian black on Cabernet last week man couldn't be happier . Good luck either way this car is a dream
Old 02-02-14, 03:48 PM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sosodef79
Got my obsidian black on Cabernet last week man couldn't be happier . Good luck either way this car is a dream
Nice Choice man! Congrats!!

and please Post some pics

I saw a Liquid Platinum on the road today in overcast weather.. Looked Incredible! I like the Molten lava type effect LP paint has when in overcast weather. However in Direct sunlight Im just not as much a fan as I am the black.

After the Fiancee and I walked the Bmw/Benz lot today ( don't have a local Lexus dealer) we decided that Black is more fitting for a Sport sedan. IF i was going to buy the Luxury GS 350 I may go LP however we are buying the Fsport so

Obsidian Black on Cab it is.
Old 02-05-14, 03:47 AM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

will post some pics soon , still learning how to upload pics