GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Things that you wish 2014 GS Has

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-14, 09:59 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things that you wish 2014 GS Has

My GS is AWD Luxury with Cold weather package, power trunk, intuitive park, blind spot, MSRP $60xxx. Below is my personal preference and your milage will vary.

1. Better cruise control. GS does not seem to maintain its cruise control speed too well, and its speed can vary by a few miles depending on condition. For people who like to set their cruise 8-9 mph over speed limit (10mph+ usually gets caught), GS could be speeding more than 10mph over limit on certain conditions. BMW and MBs have dynamic cruise control where they brake if necessary to maintain set cruise speed and they are spot on. Perhaps radar cruise control would have solved this.

2. Perhaps 2015 model will offer 8 sp for AWD as well. 3.5 V6 does not seem to yield that much of better gas milage than my previous 5.5 V8 with 7 sp on high way, around 25ish?

3. Auto highbeam.

4. Auto hold.

5. Wider range of adjustable suspension? On normal mode, it is smooth but could be smoother. I think Eco and Normal are the same? It would be great if it offered Comfort, Normal, and Sport, where Comfort would offer Lexus's signature smooth ride.

6. Panaromic roof, ES has it, why not GS?

7. Lower suspension height, AWD has a lot of gap between fender and tire. I've read some threads about lowering and it seems that a lot of people seem to suffer from wobbling from lowering on AWD.

8. Rear view camera with projection lines, not just solid lines. Even Accord has projection lines these days. Not to mention MB, BMW, and Infiniti with their excellent all around view monitors.

9. LED turn signals.

Besides these, despite these, I LOVE my car! I actually look forward to commuting every day now!
Old 01-06-14, 10:44 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish that I could put the map on the right side of the screen so that I could have the audio on the left side up in full and still have my navigation going if I needed it with the turns.
Old 01-06-14, 11:39 AM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish the F-Sport came with atleast 50 more HP
Old 01-06-14, 11:45 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I find the cruise control coming down a hill causes RPMs to drop a couple of hundred and then come back up.
Said to be normal but it's the first Lexus I've owned that this happens.Not a big deal but doesn't seem right.

Panoramic roof would be nice.
Old 01-06-14, 11:47 AM
sirsaula
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LEXSTASY
This even though mpg may suffer
Old 01-06-14, 12:04 PM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Agree with the Comfort Ride (even at the slight expense of handling).

Another - Radio Tuning **** a little closed to driver.

Horizontal adjustment on head rest on the Luxury Package 18-way adjustable seats.
Old 01-06-14, 12:25 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

F Sport:
10. LED Fog Light
11. Bi-LED headlamps
12. Replace GS grille with IS Grille
13. Change the Rim (Ugly)
14. LED light Interior.
Old 01-06-14, 12:38 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thought of another F sport appearance package. just give me the grills front bumper and rims.
Old 01-06-14, 03:52 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
F Sport:
10. LED Fog Light
11. Bi-LED headlamps
14. LED light Interior.
12: Nope, leave it alone, no Predator on the GS.
14: Already has them all over the place, at least mine does. Get in the car at night and start it without putting it into gear. It glows all over the place. Footwells, door seams, etc.
Old 01-06-14, 04:11 PM
revhigh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by damtachoa
F Sport:
10. LED Fog Light
11. Bi-LED headlamps
14. LED light Interior.
15. Heated steering wheel
Old 01-06-14, 04:19 PM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSTASY
+1

And this is all I would really care about.
Old 01-06-14, 04:23 PM
Hockyguy4u
Driver School Candidate

I wish we'd have the option to delete the "power steering assist" on the F-Sport.
That is, the steering is very soft when the car is going less than 25 MPH.... this is designed to make it easy to maneuver out of tight spaces and parking lots. The steering then stiffens significantly at speed.
I'm sure that most Lexus drivers want this. But I'd prefer the F-Sport to feel more like a pure sports sedan and would like full-time stiffer steering. (For example, all new Porsches have this low-speed softer steering as an add-on option, called "Power Steering Plus").
Old 01-06-14, 05:09 PM
mshmsh
Driver

Originally Posted by GS14AWD
My GS is AWD Luxury with Cold weather package, power trunk, intuitive park, blind spot, MSRP $60xxx. Below is my personal preference and your milage will vary.

1. Better cruise control. GS does not seem to maintain its cruise control speed too well, and its speed can vary by a few miles depending on condition. For people who like to set their cruise 8-9 mph over speed limit (10mph+ usually gets caught), GS could be speeding more than 10mph over limit on certain conditions. BMW and MBs have dynamic cruise control where they brake if necessary to maintain set cruise speed and they are spot on. Perhaps radar cruise control would have solved this.

2. Perhaps 2015 model will offer 8 sp for AWD as well. 3.5 V6 does not seem to yield that much of better gas milage than my previous 5.5 V8 with 7 sp on high way, around 25ish?

3. Auto highbeam.

4. Auto hold.

5. Wider range of adjustable suspension? On normal mode, it is smooth but could be smoother. I think Eco and Normal are the same? It would be great if it offered Comfort, Normal, and Sport, where Comfort would offer Lexus's signature smooth ride.

6. Panaromic roof, ES has it, why not GS?

7. Lower suspension height, AWD has a lot of gap between fender and tire. I've read some threads about lowering and it seems that a lot of people seem to suffer from wobbling from lowering on AWD.

8. Rear view camera with projection lines, not just solid lines. Even Accord has projection lines these days. Not to mention MB, BMW, and Infiniti with their excellent all around view monitors.

9. LED turn signals.

Besides these, despite these, I LOVE my car! I actually look forward to commuting every day now!

3- auto beam already exist on all GS world wide except US market.

4- auto hold also exist on the Japanese and MiddleEastern version too.

8- also exist on the Japanese version plus 3D Navi map on European, Japanese and MiddleEastern versions.

9- LED turn signals, you can get them from ThinkDesign Japan. they have some high quality turn signals.

I wish my GS has adaptive cruise control and Lane departure assist.
Thats all I need.
Old 01-06-14, 06:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by GS14AWD
The GS offers radar cruise but its a very rare option.

I have not had that issue with the cruise on mine, if its significant you may want to take it to the dealer and have them look at it. Mine holds speed quote well on cruise, even in the mountains.

If you are worried about getting caught speeding, one thing to know is Toyota/Lexus speedometers are always 2MPH fast. So if the speed limit is 65 and you have it set to 75, your speed is actually only 73.

What tires do you have and what are your tire pressures set to? Make sure the tires are not over-inflated, and in fact I run my tires at 31PSI (the door sticker says 33PSI) and it has a big impact on the ride. Mine rides GREAT in normal on 31 PSI.
Old 01-07-14, 04:35 AM
GS14AWD
Rookie

I think my tires are set to about 34-35 on cold morning and they are dunlops, I guess I can try lowering them a bit to see how much different it would make. Thanks for input.

I did not know other world market GS has a lot of "what I wish" list. Perhaps Lexus will trickle down those enhancements over the years to keep the model attractive.

All in all, more I drive the car, more I like it. I usually fall in love with a car the moment I drive it, but with GS, I saw/read all good reviews and wanted to give it a try. Call me crazy but I did not even test drive the car before buying it, kinda trusted all reviews, lexus brand, and just didn't have the time to test drive too many cars. What a nice surprise this car has been though.

Quick Reply: Things that you wish 2014 GS Has