GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS 350 Lemon law buy back

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-13, 01:14 AM
dpp18
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS 350 Lemon law buy back

FINALLY LEXUS IS BUYING MY GARBAGE 2013 GS 350!

Constant problems with ticking/clicking noise from the front wheels first started from 11k miles
Got the car on may/june 2012, First time hearing the noise was 2013 Jun. They replaced the front wheel bearings and returned the car to me. As i drove to work that day i heard the same noise and returned it back the next day and was able to duplicate the noise. So they had to take the car in again and order that OTHER part which was the RIGHT wheel bearing. The ticking/clicking noise only occurred when turning the wheel left or right while moving in low speeds, never tried high speeds. So getting the car back from TWO repairs of RIGHT and LEFT wheel bearings they decided to give it back. I didnt hear the noise after but on August the noise was back 2 months after i just got it repaired the noise was back wasnt constant, the noise could only be heard in low speeds reversing or going foward turning the wheel either slighty or all the way left or right. I take it back to them, they said the wheel breaks needed to be tapper they did and the noise was gone. By then im frustrated with this and called customer service and they wouldnt help me which was extremely annoying.. On oct the noise came back but only could be heard with heat and the weather here at that time was cold, i couldnt duplicate the noise so the service department just Greased everything in the front wheel to take care of the noise. I decided to call lexus customer service again and initiated a by back with them. after a couple of weeks i recieved a phone car from a lady with the corporation that they would review my case and i would have to wait 4-6 weeks for an answer. On december 11 7 weeks after the call i had, a women named Janae called me and gave me GOOD news that they were going to buy the car back and give me all the money i spent on the car back but they're going to deduct negative equity and miles driven. After that call the noise came back which i didn't care anymore since i signed the buy back already.. even tho i took it back to get it fix and lexus wouldn't fix it cause of the buy back.. so ill have to suffer it out til the surrender..

I apologize for the grammer, as you can see im not very good and thanks for reading.
I dont think i would buy a lexus anymore due to this problems.. Before all that i had a leak in the driver side and two recalls of the car......
Old 12-21-13, 03:12 AM
mshmsh
Driver

I have the clicking noise in my car too. I believe it's normal. it's like 3 clicks right 3 clicks left if I am not mistaken.
Anyone think so?
Old 12-21-13, 05:19 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Lexus is such a POS with its constant problems......You should definitely buy a BMW.
Old 12-21-13, 05:50 AM
JT51
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the reasons a Lexus is in my driveway and not an Audi is the chance of getting a lemon. I have had two cars taken back by Florida's Lemon Law. The first was a Jeep, which was leaking oil thru the engine block, it was in the shop 11 times before they gave up and realized it was something they couldn't fix without replacing the engine and since it qualified for the Lemon Law I went thru the process and had no problems. My second time; was with a Ford F 150, again numerous problems, within 1500 miles the transmission was replaced and the final problem was the paint was peeling off and cracking. Dealing with Ford was horrible, nasty letters from lawyers, rude non-supportive customer service, we were going to court, the day before, and there was a mandatory vehicle inspection and the paint department at the dealership confirmed it was a factory problem, with the paint not something I caused, after that, they didn't want to go to court and wanted to settle, I vowed never to buy a Ford because of the way they treated me.

It seems you have time and aggravation involved with your car, but the corporate office is taking care of you, which is good. The lost time and aggravation is why I went to a Lexus, the Audi dealership moved to 40+ miles away, the Lexus dealership is 3 miles, and I am gun shy about getting a car that will have problems, so far the Lexus has been extraordinary and the dealership service department, Lexus of Orlando, couldn't be better, I am pleased with my choice.
Old 12-21-13, 06:08 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It really sucks to have these issue's with Lexus , the amount of money there charging for these cars and than end up have issue's left and right.
Old 12-21-13, 09:07 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,210 Likes on 631 Posts

For every bad story there are plenty of good ones, though. It seems there are many more horror stories about other brands. I had a brand new Pontiac in the service department every couple months with problems, they inspected my lifters 7-8 times alone. I finally moved to Lexus and have had 14,000 problem free miles so far.

dpp18, I'm sure you're fed up with Lexus, but if you consider the larger picture... you're much more likely to get a great car from Lexus/Toyota than any other brand.
Old 12-21-13, 11:10 AM
brooklynk5
Driver School Candidate

Lmao and you think bmw is better. Every car has there problems just cause you had a bad lexus doesn't mean there a p.o.s.
Old 12-21-13, 12:15 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brooklynk5
Lmao and you think bmw is better. Every car has there problems just cause you had a bad lexus doesn't mean there a p.o.s.
i'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Old 12-21-13, 12:22 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

I've had experience in my family with BMW and other luxury vehicles. I switched to Toyota's 15 years ago and never looked back. By far, the least amount of problems with Toyota and Lexus. Good luck with BMW, you will get to know your mechanic really well.
Old 12-21-13, 04:07 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I think OP hit the nail on the head: the GOOD news is that they’re buying it back. That’s music to my ears and yet another reason for *me* to stick with Lexus.
Old 12-21-13, 06:36 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus is one of the few companies who would rather just buy it back instead of drag it out and ensure you never buy from them again. If you think BMW is better, GO FOR IT! We'll see you back in a few. Sometimes you have to see what terrible really is before you appreciate nothing in this world is perfect. I called the Lexus 800 number a week ago about the weak batteries on two '13 model Lexus vehicles. Wanted to replace them with Optima red top batteries. Namely cause my GS would sit for a few days and then the battery barely turn the car over. I get a call back saying the ordered the batteries for both vehicles, would have someone come out to my residence the next day and install them there. If that isn't service, I don't know what is.

But I definitely understand your frustrations. I'd be upset too if I had that sound. But it's all the more reason to stay with the brand.
Old 12-21-13, 06:46 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Lexus is one of the few companies who would rather just buy it back instead of drag it out and ensure you never buy from them again. If you think BMW is better, GO FOR IT! We'll see you back in a few. Sometimes you have to see what terrible really is before you appreciate nothing in this world is perfect. I called the Lexus 800 number a week ago about the weak batteries on two '13 model Lexus vehicles. Wanted to replace them with Optima red top batteries. Namely cause my GS would sit for a few days and then the battery barely turn the car over. I get a call back saying the ordered the batteries for both vehicles, would have someone come out to my residence the next day and install them there. If that isn't service, I don't know what is.

But I definitely understand your frustrations. I'd be upset too if I had that sound. But it's all the more reason to stay with the brand.
I had the sound. It was more disconcerting more than annoying until I realized it wasn't anything dangerous. Once I changed wheels oddly enough it went away completely. Glad the OP is happy, for now lol.
Old 12-21-13, 06:52 PM
brooklynk5
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=puckhead85;8291281]i'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Meh just agreeing lol
Old 12-22-13, 02:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Glad to see that your situation was remedied to your satisfaction. However, I'm also a Jeep owner and post on the Jeep boards. When you read the things that are wrong with new Grand Cherokees that get bought back some "ticking" sounds pretty silly lol

If anything this experience should show you how committed Lexus is to customer satisfaction. This experience would make me more apt to buy a Lexus, not less. We know these issues are the exception not the rule.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-22-13 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-22-13, 05:02 PM
dpp18
Driver School Candidate

Ticking noise is very apparent .. very loud.. anyways im waiting for the check to come in the mail and i dont have a surrender date. Can i still drive this car? i dont have any other car

Quick Reply: GS 350 Lemon law buy back