GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Gs350 AWD Deep Sea Mica/Flaxen

Old 12-13-13, 04:40 PM
JfcrowJfcr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gs350 AWD Deep Sea Mica/Flaxen

Unable to find this combination w/luxury package anywhere on east coast. Ready to lease now to take advantage of DTR. Willing to travel to pick up car. Any ideas how or where to search further? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 12-13-13, 05:05 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

You might find one out of state, but it probably won't be an AWD. Which means there won't be a cold weather package. If you don't care about those options, then I would suggest you start calling all out of state dealers.

You can find all the dealerships on the Lexus website here, http://www.lexus.com/dealers/index.html. Search by state.

Good luck
Old 12-13-13, 06:01 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JfcrowJfcr
Unable to find this combination w/luxury package anywhere on east coast. Ready to lease now to take advantage of DTR. Willing to travel to pick up car. Any ideas how or where to search further? Thanks for any suggestions.

Go for the Meteor Blue Mica, it's prettier than the Deep Sea Blue. My dealer had several Deep Sea Blue on the lot (nobody wanted them). I had to make 'em search the whole state to find my AWD Meteor Blue Mica combo, and they did, 150 miles away.
Old 12-13-13, 06:47 PM
JfcrowJfcr
Driver School Candidate

Interested in either blue, with flaxen interior. Could you add name of dealers you dealt with? Thanks
Old 12-13-13, 07:01 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JfcrowJfcr
Interested in either blue, with flaxen interior. Could you add name of dealers you dealt with? Thanks
Lehigh Valley Lexus
Old 12-13-13, 08:30 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deep Sea Mica FTW!!!!
The color combo is awesome, I was tempted to get flaxen on mine but was worried about how it would hold up after time so I opt. for black
Old 12-13-13, 10:09 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Deep sea mica looks way better than meteor blue mica! Keep looking.
Old 12-13-13, 10:12 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Deep Sea is the best! Meteor "blue" looks like freaking Grey. No thanks.
Old 12-13-13, 10:33 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Deep Sea Mica FTW! I had a 2009 GS in this color and it looks purple (the color of royalty) in the sunlight. I constantly got complimented on that paint color. Keep Looking!
Old 12-13-13, 10:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

DSM/FLXN... FTW... Sweet and rare combo. Bought an OB/CAB GS F Sport, a day later they called and said a DSM/FLXN had just come in, I was pissed. The LS came in the same combo a few days after I bought the SP/BLK LS, owned a DSM 2011 ES, love the color but it's the same as OB... A #%^#% to keep the swirls and scratches off. It's def high maintenance.
Old 12-16-13, 12:41 PM
Trek
Pole Position

You guys have strange tastes. I looked at Deep Sea Mica and Meteor Blue Mica side-by-side in the dealer lot. There were three Deep Sea and only one Meteor Blue and that one had already been claimed, so they had to find one for me. No one wanted the three Deep Sea Blues. I hated the color of the darker blue. If you're going to go that dark, go all the way to black, please. That deep dark blue looks good on a BMW but hideous on a Lexus or MB.

Somewhere on this site I saw a photo of a 4GS F1 Sport in bright red. IT LOOKED AWESOME! I don't know if that was a after market paint job or a manufacturer's special order, but it is the only color I've seen on a 4GS that I would consider trading for the Meteor Blue Mica. The only other acceptable color in the 4GS for my money is black.

Last edited by Trek; 12-16-13 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-16-13, 02:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
You guys have strange tastes. I looked at Deep Sea Mica and Meteor Blue Mica side-by-side in the dealer lot. There were three Deep Sea and only one Meteor Blue and that one had already been claimed, so they had to find one for me. No one wanted the three Deep Sea Blues. I hated the color of the darker blue. If you're going to go that dark, go all the way to black, please. That deep dark blue looks good on a BMW but hideous on a Lexus or MB.
Hideous?!? That just doesn't make any sense. Why would dark blue look good on a BMW but "hideous" on a Lexus or MB? I don't think Lexus has any colors that are "hideous" for the 4GS...

Its a dark metallic blue...Lexus has always offered dark metallic blues. You sound as it if was flat pea green.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-16-13 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-16-13, 07:58 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Trek

Somewhere on this site I saw a photo of a 4GS F1 Sport in bright red. IT LOOKED AWESOME! I don't know if that was a after market paint job or a manufacturer's special order, but it is the only color I've seen on a 4GS that I would consider trading for the Meteor Blue Mica. The only other acceptable color in the 4GS for my money is black.
Obviously we all have bad taste because we chose a different color than yours I suspect most of the forum members who commented have seen both colors in person as well.
Old 12-16-13, 08:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

And theres a difference between saying you don't care for something and saying its hideous. I'm not a fan of blue on cars with a couple exceptions (Ultrasonic Blue is one of those), but they aren't "hideous".
Old 12-16-13, 08:06 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS
And theres a difference between saying you don't care for something and saying its hideous. I'm not a fan of blue on cars with a couple exceptions (Ultrasonic Blue is one of those), but they aren't "hideous".
There is no hideous Lexus paint color. Besides the Flat Pea Green that will be available on the 2015 F Sports. I am not a fan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gs350 AWD Deep Sea Mica/Flaxen