GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 GS350 F-Sport Lease Deal - Good?

Old 11-22-14, 05:53 PM
jaymk
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

December to Remember Sale has started.
I am looking for a zero down GS F Sport 12k lease for 24 months or may just do the purchase if the price is really attractive.
I remember last year the dealer were offering $10k off the retail price during the last couple days of December.
Let the search begin.
Thank You.
Old 11-22-14, 06:21 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if you could handle a 2014 thats left over in inventory, im sure you could get a great deal with the 2015's coming in.

Originally Posted by jaymk
December to Remember Sale has started.
I am looking for a zero down GS F Sport 12k lease for 24 months or may just do the purchase if the price is really attractive.
I remember last year the dealer were offering $10k off the retail price during the last couple days of December.
Let the search begin.
Thank You.
Old 11-22-14, 08:56 PM
jaymk
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep,
Definitely would like to go with the 2015 model.
Also contemplating on getting a 2015 RX for my wife.
She has a 2013 right now. Need to start doing some research if it is worth it to do the upgrade for her.
Thank You.
Old 11-22-14, 09:42 PM
James1988
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

The lease on my BMW 335 is coming to an end this month, and I am considering leasing a leftover 2014 Lexus GS350. The MSRP is $59,833, and I am thinking of doing 27 months @ 15k with $3000 down. What would you guys consider a GOOD Deal? I am going to the dealership tomorrow afternoon and would appreciate your advice before I get into negotiations!

Thank You!
Old 11-22-14, 09:43 PM
James1988
Driver School Candidate

I am located in the Boston, MA area btw
Old 11-24-14, 12:22 AM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Originally Posted by James1988
Hello,

The lease on my BMW 335 is coming to an end this month, and I am considering leasing a leftover 2014 Lexus GS350. The MSRP is $59,833, and I am thinking of doing 27 months @ 15k with $3000 down. What would you guys consider a GOOD Deal? I am going to the dealership tomorrow afternoon and would appreciate your advice before I get into negotiations!

Thank You!
Good deals vary by region. If I were you, I would email the internet sales manager of multiple dealers. Let them know exactly what you are looking for (you can even use Truecar.com website to start this process). This way you can let dealers bid against each other for your business and get the final/best price on the car before you ever step foot into the dealership. I picked the top 3 best prices and let each dealer know what the other dealer was offering. This process took about 3-5 days before I settled on the best price. My visit to my dealer did not involve any negotiations on the price of my car. Made for a wonderful experience and a great price on my car.
Old 11-24-14, 07:08 AM
Mike00
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

Thank You!
So I just leased mine last Thursday (came from an Audi S4 actually) and I am in the Philadelphia area. I had same MSRP on my 14 FSport and was able to get $1600 down, $566 on 15,000 miles.

I may have been able to get lower but I had a very good deal on my trade in (I pulled manheim before I went in) and honestly I doubt they will make much if anything on my trade in.

Regardless I think you should get away with a lot less down and a sub 600 payment.
Old 11-24-14, 10:22 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello,

Thank You!
Rather than put that much down, see if you can do multiple security deposits - that will lower the money factor and consequently, your payment. The deposits are returnable at lease end dependent on excess mileage/damage. Not sure about MA - some states don't allow msd's.
Old 11-24-14, 11:03 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe people consider leasing. Really, you shouldn't even finance a car. If you don't have the cash on hand, you can't afford it. There's a reason Dave Ramsey calls it a "Fleece". He also points out, only millionaires should be buying new cars. And if it's a $60K Lexus, probably you should be a multimillionaire.

Remember, the dealer always has the upper hand. They do thousands of transactions per year. You do one every 2 or 3 years, at the most. Which party do you think has all the angles figured out?

Here's the kind of info your dealer is armed with:
How Does a Dealer Make Money on a Car Lease?

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/deale...ase-41245.html

As a car dealer, you can make money by leasing a car in many of the same ways as if you were selling the car. For example, you can profit from the price the customer agrees to at both the start and the end of the lease. You also can make money on the interest rate of the lease, the amount the customer receives on his trade-in and any extras he purchases.

Capitalized Cost and Residual Value
When you put up a car for lease, the customer pays you the amount by which the car depreciates in value over the period of the lease. Since no car has a set depreciation amount, the amount of that payment will be the result of your negotiation with the customer, just as if you were selling the car. When you and the buyer agree on a price, that price is known as the capitalized cost. The higher a capitalized cost you can get the customer to agree to, the more profit you stand to make. The other main pricing variable in a car lease is the residual value, or the amount the car is worth at the end of the lease period. This is also an area of negotiation between you and the customer. A lower residual value results in more profit for you as a dealer, as the customer must pay the difference between the original capitalized cost and the final residual value.

Lease Financing
When you offer a car for lease, you must buy the car from the manufacturer. Unlike a car sale, in which the customer will take out a loan and pay you the full amount of the car upfront, with a lease you must front this cost. In this sense, you are essentially loaning the customer money to lease the car, which will probably cost you interest. You can recoup this cost and more by negotiating the interest rate on your customer's lease payments, which is known as the "money factor." Unlike with a straight loan, you do not have to disclose the money factor to the customer unless he requests it. By charging a higher interest rate than you have to pay yourself, you can make additional profit on the lease.

Related Reading: Tax on a Lease Cap Reduction

Add-Ons
Selling your customer add-ons, such as low-profile tires, a navigation system or an upgraded audio system, will add to the capitalized cost of the lease, resulting in higher lease payments from your customer. By building in an additional profit margin or markup to these items, you can make more money on the lease. Since the customer will be paying for these add-ons over time, you will also earn additional interest on the cost of those add-ons, which goes directly to your bottom line.

Trade-In Value
Some customers might want to trade in a vehicle to lower the capitalized cost of their lease. Since most customers leasing a new car are more focused on the price of the new car, you might be in a good position to negotiate a lower value on the customer's trade-in, thereby increasing your profit on the overall lease deal. If a customer is willing to trade in his old car to lease a new car, it typically means he doesn't need or want it anymore. This might make him less likely to hold out for a higher price on the vehicle. As a dealer, you should also have a better grasp on the true resale value of the vehicle, which puts you in a better negotiating position.
Old 11-24-14, 12:48 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLive
I can't believe people consider leasing. Really, you shouldn't even finance a car. If you don't have the cash on hand, you can't afford it. There's a reason Dave Ramsey calls it a "Fleece". He also points out, only millionaires should be buying new cars. And if it's a $60K Lexus, probably you should be a multimillionaire.

Remember, the dealer always has the upper hand. They do thousands of transactions per year. You do one every 2 or 3 years, at the most. Which party do you think has all the angles figured out?

Here's the kind of info your dealer is armed with:
How Does a Dealer Make Money on a Car Lease?

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/deale...ase-41245.html

As a car dealer, you can make money by leasing a car in many of the same ways as if you were selling the car. For example, you can profit from the price the customer agrees to at both the start and the end of the lease. You also can make money on the interest rate of the lease, the amount the customer receives on his trade-in and any extras he purchases.

Capitalized Cost and Residual Value
When you put up a car for lease, the customer pays you the amount by which the car depreciates in value over the period of the lease. Since no car has a set depreciation amount, the amount of that payment will be the result of your negotiation with the customer, just as if you were selling the car. When you and the buyer agree on a price, that price is known as the capitalized cost. The higher a capitalized cost you can get the customer to agree to, the more profit you stand to make. The other main pricing variable in a car lease is the residual value, or the amount the car is worth at the end of the lease period. This is also an area of negotiation between you and the customer. A lower residual value results in more profit for you as a dealer, as the customer must pay the difference between the original capitalized cost and the final residual value.

Lease Financing
When you offer a car for lease, you must buy the car from the manufacturer. Unlike a car sale, in which the customer will take out a loan and pay you the full amount of the car upfront, with a lease you must front this cost. In this sense, you are essentially loaning the customer money to lease the car, which will probably cost you interest. You can recoup this cost and more by negotiating the interest rate on your customer's lease payments, which is known as the "money factor." Unlike with a straight loan, you do not have to disclose the money factor to the customer unless he requests it. By charging a higher interest rate than you have to pay yourself, you can make additional profit on the lease.

Related Reading: Tax on a Lease Cap Reduction

Add-Ons
Selling your customer add-ons, such as low-profile tires, a navigation system or an upgraded audio system, will add to the capitalized cost of the lease, resulting in higher lease payments from your customer. By building in an additional profit margin or markup to these items, you can make more money on the lease. Since the customer will be paying for these add-ons over time, you will also earn additional interest on the cost of those add-ons, which goes directly to your bottom line.

Trade-In Value
Some customers might want to trade in a vehicle to lower the capitalized cost of their lease. Since most customers leasing a new car are more focused on the price of the new car, you might be in a good position to negotiate a lower value on the customer's trade-in, thereby increasing your profit on the overall lease deal. If a customer is willing to trade in his old car to lease a new car, it typically means he doesn't need or want it anymore. This might make him less likely to hold out for a higher price on the vehicle. As a dealer, you should also have a better grasp on the true resale value of the vehicle, which puts you in a better negotiating position.
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I guess we all here are millioners. Dont pay attention to the above statement. You dont inow what you are talking about and Dave remsey is a moron!
Old 11-24-14, 12:54 PM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastTags
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I guess we all here are millioners. Dont pay attention to the above statement. You dont inow what you are talking about and Dave remsey is a moron!
So first of all, Dave Ramsey is a multimillionaire, has sold millions of books, and his radio show has a huge following. He never, ever borrows money for anything, least of all the biggest depreciating asset around - a new car.

Tell you what. You go some articles from personal finance experts that tell you leasing is a good financial decision. Post them here. Then you can call me and Dave "morons".

Pay cash, or don't even walk the showroom floor.
Old 11-24-14, 12:57 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So first of all, Dave Ramsey is a multimillionaire, has sold millions of books, and his radio show has a huge following. He never, ever borrows money for anything, least of all the biggest depreciating asset around - a new car.

Tell you what. You go some articles from personal finance experts that tell you leasing is a good financial decision. Post them here. Then you can call me and Dave "morons".

I will take your advice, i will sell everyhthing I dont actually own. And will start saving money, thank you so much!!!!
Old 11-24-14, 05:00 PM
Mike00
Driver School Candidate

The point is that a car isn't a smart decision period. realistically even when you make millions you should not be buying a Lexus GS. You should get a Camry - which btw is the most driven car in america by millionaires.

Fact of matter is buying a luxury car is not smart people. but for some it's a passion. I save and borrow no money except for a car (choose to lease) and a house. The car is a complete waste of money but it makes me happy and it's the little bit of money I truly waste - if spending money I work hard for on my happiness be called a waste.

It's great to tell general america to borrow less but overall this post is pointless on this forum without context.
Old 11-24-14, 05:24 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure what makes you believe paying cash will prevent the car from depreciating...

Finance, lease, or cash it's the same thing at the end of the day. There are even situations with low MF/financing rates that could make it a better decision than paying cash upfront
Old 11-24-14, 06:43 PM
Mike00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
I'm not sure what makes you believe paying cash will prevent the car from depreciating...

Finance, lease, or cash it's the same thing at the end of the day. There are even situations with low MF/financing rates that could make it a better decision than paying cash upfront
Actually, that's the funniest part. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. $50,000 invested in a variety of options is going to return far more than the interest you pay on a lease or purchase. So technically you'd make more money not paying for the car up front.

But people that post the Dave R. philsophy in the context he has, won't listen no matter what you say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 GS350 F-Sport Lease Deal - Good?