GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Used 2013 GS shopping questions and introductory post

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 06:15 PM
EK350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Used 2013 GS shopping questions and introductory post

Hello all! First post here so I just wanted to say hi! I will try to participate and help where I can but Lexus/Toyota is going to be new territory for me... Coming from Acura, I currently have a 2006 Acura TL A-Spec. Ok, onto my first question!

So as the title states... I am shopping for my GS. A 2013 AWD GS 350 F-Sport.

Now looking at what's available around my area (Boston,MA), the only difference I can see between different AWD F-Sports is if it has Mark Levinson sound system. My question is, what else comes with ML sound system package? Also, I really want radar cruise control and it's listed as an option for 2014 models, but I can't seem to add when configuring ... Is it not available on F sport, or is it standard?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Old 11-11-13, 06:45 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus!

To answer some of your questions... ML usually comes by itself, nothing else is included in the package, other than you get 17 speakers with ML system. Radar cruise control is one of those optional features that don't come standard. 90% of the time you would special order the car to get the radar cruise control. Unless you get lucky and find one in the states.

Also, if you're ok with traveling, then don't be afraid to look at what other dealers have in states near you. I bought my last GS from an out of state dealer, 3 hours away from me and the GS before that was bought from a dealer 10 hours away. Good luck!
Old 11-11-13, 07:51 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the radar cruise control is only available with the pre-collision system. (an extra $2000) I have it and it fantastic. Works like it should. I special ordered mine. Took about 4 months from Japan to NY
Old 11-12-13, 09:37 AM
EK350
Driver School Candidate

Ok, thanks for the replies ... Eventually I would like to turn this into a master used/cpo buying thread listing all available options and what comes in what package.

So far I know:

Mark Levinson - opt
Adaptive cruise - part of driver awareness pkg

Anyone have a list of option codes for MY '13? Or any more insight is much appreciated!
Old 11-12-13, 12:50 PM
bzimpfer
Driver School Candidate

Not the actual codes - but an option list:

2013 GS 350 Product Information

FACTORY OPTIONS
• 18-inch split five-spoke aluminum wheels with all-season or summer tires
• Blind Spot Monitor
• Heads Up Display (HUD)
• Heated rear seats
• Intuitive Park Assist (IPA)
• Lane Keep Assist (LKA) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
• Lexus Dynamic Handling (LDH) System with Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS)

• Lexus HDD Navigation System with 12.3-inch High Resolution Screen
• Lexus Enform® with SafetyConnect®: Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location,
Emergency Assist Button (SOS), Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Destination Assist, and eDestination
and Apps Suite which allows the driver to enjoy various mobile phone applications on the navigation
screen (complimentary one-year trial subscription included)
• Lexus Insider™
• AdvancedVoice command casual-language voice recognition system
• SiriusXM NavTraffic, NavWeather, Sports, Stocks and Fuel Prices(one-year trial subscription)
• Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio system
• Mark Levinson® audio with 17 Green Edge speakers, Class D Digital amplifier with ultra-low
crossover distortion, 835 watts of continuous power at less than 0.1 percent Total Harmonic
Distortion (THD), 7.1- channel speaker architecture, DVD audio/video capability

• Night Vision System

• Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Driver’s Eyes Monitor and Adaptive Cruise Control

• Cold Weather Package
• Heated steering wheel
• Heavy duty heater
• Headlamp washers
• Water repellant front door glass
• Wiper Deicer
• Luxury Package
• Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)
• Adaptive Variable Suspension
• Semi-aniline leather
• Multi-contour 18-way power front driver seats (includes piower mid-back, side bolsters, thigh
support, four- way lumbar)
• Passenger seat memory
• Rear A/C and audio controls
• Rear manual side sun shades
• Unique design split nine-spoke 18-inch wheel
• Unique high gloss linear espresso wood ornamentation
• Wood/leather steering wheel

• Premium Package
• Heated/ventilated front seats
• Power rear sunshade
• Rain-sensing wipers

• F SPORT
• 16-way power sport driver seat (includes power side bolsters, thigh support, four-way lumbar)
• 19-inch staggered width split five-spoke wheels with summer tires for RWD, single width with
all-season tires for AWD
• F SPORT tuned Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
• Larger front brakes with hi-friction pads
• Rear lip spoiler
• Sport interior (aluminum trim, unique perforated leather trim, and black headliner)
• Sport front bumper and rear lower valence
• Unique mesh grille inserts
• Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) (RWD only)
Old 11-15-13, 08:17 AM
EK350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for that bzimpfer!

Sorry I fell off this thread, I logged in using Facebook credentials only to find I cant login thru that at work cause its blocked!

Next question:

Anyone ever add an option after the fact? For example, I found several cars around me but one will have the wrong interior color and will have all the options I want (BSM, LKA, IPA) but it wont be black. Then I find the right color combo but no BSM.

How hard would it be to add? I'm thinking just buy the switch + wire harness as the lights are already in mirror... Same for PA, it uses Navigation monitor so just switch, wire harness, and the audible speaker?

Eric
Old 11-15-13, 08:51 AM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nearly every GS ordered gets BSM. If a GS is ordered without BSM then there is a very high chance it won't have any other options included (besides NAV and IPA). These cars are all ordered very similarly. Though, it varies from region to region. It's going to be extremely hard to find a GS F-Sport with PCS and LKA. You'll have more luck finding that on a Luxury model (even then, it'll still be tricky). You can always special order, or have a dealer try to find one for you, but that will take some time.
Old 11-15-13, 08:57 AM
EK350
Driver School Candidate

Well PCS is not a must, actually I've already given up on that... but I know the one I am looking at does not have BSM. Hoping I can add it.