Paul@howeyindustries.com
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will take the GS over the V.
Old 03-20-14, 05:48 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

I just signed a lease on a 2014 GS FSport and should be picking it up this weekend. I drove the CTS twice, once in 3.8 form and once in VSport form. IMO, the Cadillac is very nice. I would strongly consider the car. However, there are a few things to consider.

1. You MUST get the full digital dash package. Someone said that base cluster belongs in a 90's Buick and it's true.

2. Once you get that package, you are at $70k. That gets you into some very nice competition.

3. I cannot, in good faith, buy this car outright. First model year, first year on engine, etc. But it leases horribly so......

In the end, had the car leased similarly to the GS, I would have chosen the Caddy for the fun factor....try something different. It is certainly more striking than the Lexus. But it's not close.
Old 03-20-14, 06:09 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I also did the Visa card for the Cadillac event. The CTS-V is a great car but I dislike the cheap feel, just as many complain about Lexus have minor issues I would complain everyday about the fit and finish of the car. The sound is pretty nice though.
Old 03-20-14, 09:05 AM
JT51
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GS is lighter than the CTS, but feels and handles like a much heavier car. Interior way above CTS and seats more comfortable. The thigh support on CTS was a cheap pull out and hard to work. Paint on the Lexus far better in quality and looks. That being said, I feel the CTS was fun to drive, and I would look forward to even doing short runs in it. I really enjoy the GS as our "road trip car" but it is not "fun" to drive to me.

Apparently, there was suppose to be an ID given to those that did the VISA test drive, I didn't get one. So, I am getting the feeling this is a big scam.

https://www.cadillactestdrivereward....ms/init.action
Old 03-20-14, 09:22 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I just signed a lease on a 2014 GS FSport and should be picking it up this weekend. I drove the CTS twice, once in 3.8 form and once in VSport form. IMO, the Cadillac is very nice. I would strongly consider the car. However, there are a few things to consider.

1. You MUST get the full digital dash package. Someone said that base cluster belongs in a 90's Buick and it's true.

2. Once you get that package, you are at $70k. That gets you into some very nice competition.

3. I cannot, in good faith, buy this car outright. First model year, first year on engine, etc. But it leases horribly so......

In the end, had the car leased similarly to the GS, I would have chosen the Caddy for the fun factor....try something different. It is certainly more striking than the Lexus. But it's not close.
Adding to that, I fell for the 2008 CTS and was very disappointed. Fortunately I just did a two year lease on that one.

Welcome to the Lexus forum my friend
Old 03-20-14, 09:33 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I also did the Visa card for the Cadillac event. The CTS-V is a great car but I dislike the cheap feel, just as many complain about Lexus have minor issues I would complain everyday about the fit and finish of the car. The sound is pretty nice though.
Are you talking about the CTS-V or the CTS V-Sport? Fit and finish of the "third generation" (CTS V-Sport) is a world of a difference compared to the second (CTS-V).
Old 03-20-14, 10:16 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

V? Or VSport? Not the same car and HUGE difference.
Old 03-20-14, 10:17 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Adding to that, I fell for the 2008 CTS and was very disappointed. Fortunately I just did a two year lease on that one.

Welcome to the Lexus forum my friend
Back at ya buddy. I get the car Saturday. We'll have to hook up soon.
Old 03-20-14, 11:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
Fit and finish of the "third generation" (CTS V-Sport) is a world of a difference compared to the second (CTS-V).
It is. but its still a good notch or two below Lexus/BMW/MB/Audi standards.
Old 03-20-14, 03:05 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
It is. but its still a good notch or two below Lexus/BMW/MB/Audi standards.
I haven't done a comparison myself but you could certainly be right. I kinda have a feeling Cadillac isn't on par with the top brands yet - but they're very quickly tightening the gap. Very quickly. There's only so much more one can do to stay ahead at this point. If Cadillac isn't on par now, give them one more generation and there's not going to be anything left to complain about.
Old 03-20-14, 05:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Yeah it's much better, but still lacks the details, especially inside.
Old 03-21-14, 08:08 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by JT51
The GS is lighter than the CTS, but feels and handles like a much heavier car. Interior way above CTS and seats more comfortable. The thigh support on CTS was a cheap pull out and hard to work. Paint on the Lexus far better in quality and looks. That being said, I feel the CTS was fun to drive, and I would look forward to even doing short runs in it. I really enjoy the GS as our "road trip car" but it is not "fun" to drive to me.

Apparently, there was suppose to be an ID given to those that did the VISA test drive, I didn't get one. So, I am getting the feeling this is a big scam.

https://www.cadillactestdrivereward....ms/init.action
I didnt get one either, the salesmen said he sent it in that was the only confirmation.

Edit: That is for a different gift card it was for a $25 Gift card

Last edited by bigblack06; 03-21-14 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-21-14, 08:10 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
Are you talking about the CTS-V or the CTS V-Sport? Fit and finish of the "third generation" (CTS V-Sport) is a world of a difference compared to the second (CTS-V).
V? Or VSport? Not the same car and HUGE difference.
CTS-V they didn't have a CTS-V Sport on the lot.
Old 03-21-14, 01:34 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

CTS-V they didn't have a CTS-V Sport on the lot.
Yeah that car is fast but that's about it. Cover the badges and you'd think it was a Chevy inside.

The all new CTS is an entirely different proposition.
Old 03-22-14, 11:26 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Yeah that car is fast but that's about it. Cover the badges and you'd think it was a Chevy inside.

The all new CTS is an entirely different proposition.
Maybe they'll get there some day, but I've been hearing from GM for my entire car-loving life--80's, 90's, 00's, and now the 2010's--about how they understand that their past cars have had issues but that they have totally changed and you should believe them and go check them out now.

Yeah right! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Well, in the case of GM, they've tried to fool me at least 4-5 times and they're still trying!!

I've owned one GM product, had family owned multiple GM products (including Cadillac), driven many GM rental cars, and test-driven many GM cars (again, including Cadillac) and there is no way I'd buy one in 2014.

That said, I'm sure at some point in the 2020's we'll hear that how their past cars have had issues but that they have totally changed and you should believe them and go check them out now!

Quick Reply: 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport vs 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport