GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Opti-Coat 2.0 Finally Applied!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-14, 07:06 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I believe the new OC 2.0 you are ok to be layered. I think there is a post on autogeeks from chris from Optimum on this. Hope that helps and I do trust the guy as I have had other work with him since this and have seen him apply two coats no more than that. I could say I would never want to sit and apply this. I'm still happy with the work as the car beads everywhere as well as the wheels which makes the whole car look amazing after washing it. I can't go back I love this stuff.
you can apply 2 coats but there is no positive effects of layering OC, nothing adheres to OC for very long... not even OC. get some OOS ( optimum Opti seal ) and apply that after a good thorough wash. wipe on and walk away, no need to wipe. use a yellow foam app pad and a few drops is all you need for each panel. or, you can get some CarPro Hydro 2. never seen anything like it and i've already applied 2 coats on my baby. just spray on and rinse off. it's a sealant, it will last about 2 months maybe 3 on the OC. you have to see it to believe it. the gloss on my LS is ridiculous and you know my car is SP... if you buy it and don't like it... i'll give you your money back. it can be applied to the entire car, including wheels and wheel wells. Car Pro Hydro 2... check it out
Old 01-02-14, 08:26 AM
slowlane05
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
you can apply 2 coats but there is no positive effects of layering OC, nothing adheres to OC for very long... not even OC. get some OOS ( optimum Opti seal ) and apply that after a good thorough wash. wipe on and walk away, no need to wipe. use a yellow foam app pad and a few drops is all you need for each panel. or, you can get some CarPro Hydro 2. never seen anything like it and i've already applied 2 coats on my baby. just spray on and rinse off. it's a sealant, it will last about 2 months maybe 3 on the OC. you have to see it to believe it. the gloss on my LS is ridiculous and you know my car is SP... if you buy it and don't like it... i'll give you your money back. it can be applied to the entire car, including wheels and wheel wells. Car Pro Hydro 2... check it out
So lets say I'm starting from scratch, clay bar washing with dawn and all that. What process and products would you recommend. Car is new, but I want to clay it regardless. The NY weather is a killer on any car. I don't car wash either, but I want to get in a proper detail.

Mine is Nebula Pearl
Old 01-02-14, 08:40 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Man I need to find a good detailer lol. My GS desperately needs some loving.
Old 01-02-14, 10:47 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Hey got a site for the Opti Seal.
Old 01-02-14, 02:38 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slowlane05
So lets say I'm starting from scratch, clay bar washing with dawn and all that. What process and products would you recommend. Car is new, but I want to clay it regardless. The NY weather is a killer on any car. I don't car wash either, but I want to get in a proper detail.

Mine is Nebula Pearl
i feel you, i just moved from NY... was there all my life, needed a change. IMO you should apply some OC 2.0, get some Optimum Opti seal, ONR, OBTG, OCW, OPC, OOC. these optimum products are versatile and will do a great job of cleaning your entire car, inside and out. i would also get a bottle of Car Pro Hydro 2, i can just imagine what it will do to that NGP. these are excellent easy to apply products. i would use the fine grade opti eraser (for claying), you should get some iron X, instead of dawn, get some CG Citrus wash and use it at a strip wash dilution. i heard you guys are in for some s*^*&^tty weather, so you should stock pile all your detailing supplies until it's nice enough to detail your car.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Hey got a site for the Opti Seal.
Phil should have Opti Seal... if not Amazon has it for a couple of bucks less than the Optimum Store. but i really want you to get a bottle of that Hydro 2... you will not be disappointed... trust me.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-02-14 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-02-14, 07:01 PM
slowlane05
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i feel you, i just moved from NY... was there all my life, needed a change. IMO you should apply some OC 2.0, get some Optimum Opti seal, ONR, OBTG, OCW, OPC, OOC. these optimum products are versatile and will do a great job of cleaning your entire car, inside and out. i would also get a bottle of Car Pro Hydro 2, i can just imagine what it will do to that NGP. these are excellent easy to apply products. i would use the fine grade opti eraser (for claying), you should get some iron X, instead of dawn, get some CG Citrus wash and use it at a strip wash dilution. i heard you guys are in for some s*^*&^tty weather, so you should stock pile all your detailing supplies until it's nice enough to detail your car. Phil should have Opti Seal... if not Amazon has it for a couple of bucks less than the Optimum Store. but i really want you to get a bottle of that Hydro 2... you will not be disappointed... trust me.
Thanks, man. Definitely going to have to stock pile. I'll look those up to get the names and read up on the process.
Old 01-02-14, 07:41 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slowlane05
Thanks, man. Definitely going to have to stock pile. I'll look those up to get the names and read up on the process.
ONR = optimum no rinse
OBTG = optimum bond tire gel
OCW = optimum car wax
OOC = optimum Opti clean
OPC = optimum power clean
ONRWW = optimum no rinse with wax
OCWC = optimum car wash concentrate
OID = optimum instant detailer

OOC and ONR will clean your entire car including interior.
OPC will clean your wheels and tires and also your interior... Note: dilute if you do the interior with OPC.
The OCWC is one of the best car wash soaps I've used.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-02-14 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-02-14, 08:04 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

That car looks great man! Sexy shine to it. Looks pretty aggressive too. Man newer Lexus models are just real spaceships. The wheels look real nice too. Take care of that bad boy bro! Silver Lexus GS all day!! Salutations from 2GS!!
Old 01-02-14, 09:28 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

i feel you, i just moved from NY... was there all my life, needed a change. IMO you should apply some OC 2.0, get some Optimum Opti seal, ONR, OBTG, OCW, OPC, OOC. these optimum products are versatile and will do a great job of cleaning your entire car, inside and out. i would also get a bottle of Car Pro Hydro 2, i can just imagine what it will do to that NGP. these are excellent easy to apply products. i would use the fine grade opti eraser (for claying), you should get some iron X, instead of dawn, get some CG Citrus wash and use it at a strip wash dilution. i heard you guys are in for some s*^*&^tty weather, so you should stock pile all your detailing supplies until it's nice enough to detail your car.

Phil should have Opti Seal... if not Amazon has it for a couple of bucks less than the Optimum Store. but i really want you to get a bottle of that Hydro 2... you will not be disappointed... trust me.
Ok I will look for it tomorrow thanks. if you say hydro 2 is good I will try it.

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
That car looks great man! Sexy shine to it. Looks pretty aggressive too. Man newer Lexus models are just real spaceships. The wheels look real nice too. Take care of that bad boy bro! Silver Lexus GS all day!! Salutations from 2GS!!
Thanks man I sure will.
Old 01-03-14, 07:54 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The Opti-Coat is similar to the Ceramic Pro 9H I'm using on my car.

http://www.nanoshine-group.com/9h.html