GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Opti-Coat 2.0 Finally Applied!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 08:23 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking good! I know from owning a Liquid Platinum GS that it is difficult to represent the shine in pics but I can definitely tell yours has received the full treatment!
Old 10-01-13, 04:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
did he coat your wheels, headlights, tail lights and all the glass ???
Wait what, it can be used on the glass and headlights and taillights. I'm not sure about the wheels, yesterday was busy so today I plan to give him a call and find out where he applied it to.
Old 10-01-13, 04:40 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by dseag2
Looking good! I know from owning a Liquid Platinum GS that it is difficult to represent the shine in pics but I can definitely tell yours has received the full treatment!
Yes it is as it was a nice sunny day and it was hard to look at it cause of the extra shine. In person looks damn good.
Old 10-01-13, 08:26 AM
axiom00
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Wait what, it can be used on the glass and headlights and taillights. I'm not sure about the wheels, yesterday was busy so today I plan to give him a call and find out where he applied it to.
Yup, it can be applied to almost everything. In my case, I applied to the headlights, taillights, rear windshield, side windows, moonroof, any plastic trim including the spindle grille. For the windshield, I used Aquapel which is suppose to be visibly clearer and also repels water.

OC 2.0 was also applied to the wheel. You'll notice that dirt/brake dust will wash off easier. I now use less Sonax wheel cleaner to clean the wheels.

Here's a shot 2 weeks after she was OCed, it'll get shinier as it cures.
Old 10-02-13, 07:48 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Looks awesome! What does it normally cost to get the car detailed and Opticoated? I would like to get my SF Pearl GS coated before winter.
Old 10-02-13, 10:08 AM
bigblack06

Ok I called, he told me that e put two coats and it was on everything including wheels except for glass. So I'm happy with it. Anybody know a good instant detailer as I'm guessing I can wash the car with no problems or frustration.
Old 10-02-13, 10:10 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by praetor
Looks awesome! What does it normally cost to get the car detailed and Opticoated? I would like to get my SF Pearl GS coated before winter.
Well it depends I guess on your detailer, as I think the car has to be spotless and would probably need paint correction since you will see that imperfection. $200-$300 again could vary as I have heard of people charging $600. Make sure the detailer knows what Opti-Coat is.
Old 10-02-13, 10:43 AM
axiom00
Driver School Candidate

Ok I called, he told me that e put two coats and it was on everything including wheels except for glass. So I'm happy with it. Anybody know a good instant detailer as I'm guessing I can wash the car with no problems or frustration.
I wash mine normally and top the OC with Otimum Car Wax for the extra shine. You'll love the OC's property to reject any contaminants bonding to the car.

Next time you wash your car, look for heavy beading on the panels. Any area that is not beading means OC was missed on that spot. I am sure your detailer is amazing but sometime they make mistake too. Just clean the area and apply your left over OC.
Old 10-02-13, 10:45 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Well it depends I guess on your detailer, as I think the car has to be spotless and would probably need paint correction since you will see that imperfection. $200-$300 again could vary as I have heard of people charging $600. Make sure the detailer knows what Opti-Coat is.
Gotcha. I will start looking for recommended detailers in my area. Thanks.
Old 10-02-13, 10:57 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by axiom00
I wash mine normally and top the OC with Otimum Car Wax for the extra shine. You'll love the OC's property to reject any contaminants bonding to the car.

Next time you wash your car, look for heavy beading on the panels. Any area that is not beading means OC was missed on that spot. I am sure your detailer is amazing but sometime they make mistake too. Just clean the area and apply your left over OC.
Oh thanks will check that this weekend as I will be washing it for the first time. Got a link to where you got it from.

Last edited by bigblack06; 10-02-13 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-02-13, 11:56 AM
axiom00
Driver School Candidate

Oh thanks will check that this weekend as I will be washing it for the first time. Got a link to where you got it from.
I am in Canada, but you can get OCW from here in the US.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Optim...Wax_p_175.html

I also use their Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax and highly recommend it.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Optim...-oz_p_867.html
Old 10-02-13, 07:23 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by axiom00
I am in Canada, but you can get OCW from here in the US.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Optim...Wax_p_175.html

I also use their Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax and highly recommend it.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Optim...-oz_p_867.html
Thanks will order tomorrow.
Old 10-02-13, 07:56 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

your wheels will be much happier, trust me. you can get the optimum glass coating and apply it yourself. you tube has videos of the Gary Dean car wash method, i swear by it and it IMO is the safest way to wash your car. use these products (if you want) . it's what i use 99% of the time

get some OCW also ( optimum car wax )... you can use the ONR or the OOC as a quick detailer as well as wash the car with it. you can also use the OOC, ONR and OPC as an interior cleaner... forgot, get some OPC ( optimum power clean also ) can be used on leather 3 to 1 dilution or full strength on wheels and tires. i like optimum for the versatility of the products they carry. the opti bond tire gel is the best tire dressing i have used... it has a lotion like texture and a little goes a long way, you can apply a liitle for a matte shine or a little more for gloss if you like.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 10-02-13 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-01-14, 12:19 PM
buffguy
Rookie

I didn't know you could put two coats of opti coat? Either your detailer is B.S or he doesn't know what he is talking about.
Old 01-01-14, 05:34 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by buffguy
I didn't know you could put two coats of opti coat? Either your detailer is B.S or he doesn't know what he is talking about.
I believe the new OC 2.0 you are ok to be layered. I think there is a post on autogeeks from chris from Optimum on this. Hope that helps and I do trust the guy as I have had other work with him since this and have seen him apply two coats no more than that. I could say I would never want to sit and apply this. I'm still happy with the work as the car beads everywhere as well as the wheels which makes the whole car look amazing after washing it. I can't go back I love this stuff.

Quick Reply: Opti-Coat 2.0 Finally Applied!!!