GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I Can't Win, Scratch on Door!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 04:16 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts
Default I Can't Win, Scratch on Door!

So I drove my car to work today, which I usually don't do. I parked in the farthest spot and when I walk to the car to leave this lady is in her CR-V with her door wide open. I see her door is on mine I really can't begin to express how angry I was, I wanted to go and scratch her door and say we are even. All she could say was sorry, I gave anyone that was gonna park next to me enough room, people really just don't care amazing and I'd rather not get it fixed as it will look worse.
What it looked like before I tried some scratch X and meguairs detailer.
I Can't Win, Scratch on Door!-photo.jpg
After
I Can't Win, Scratch on Door!-photo1.jpg

Last edited by bigblack06; 09-26-13 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 04:21 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about that, dude. Nothing makes me more angry than people opening their car doors without regard to who is next to them.
Old 09-26-13, 04:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry to hear bigblack, it sucks for sure.
Old 09-26-13, 04:32 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These cars aren't worth the frustration. My next car is going to be a honda accord. Anyways take it back to that body shop you got your bumper fixed at, maybe it can be wetsanded down a little and polished. Not sure if the scratch is paint removed down to metal or the clear that has been tarnished.

Usually when the scratch is that deep on a door panel, there is usually a small dent, like the one I got the other day.
Old 09-26-13, 04:37 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you work with her? Why didn't you get her information and have her pay for the damage?
Old 09-26-13, 04:38 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by Vasili
Sorry about that, dude. Nothing makes me more angry than people opening their car doors without regard to who is next to them.
Originally Posted by Stormforge
sorry to hear bigblack, it sucks for sure.
Originally Posted by Nexson
These cars aren't worth the frustration. My next car is going to be a honda accord. Anyways take it back to that body shop you got your bumper fixed at, maybe it can be wetsanded down a little and polished. Not sure if the scratch is paint removed down to metal or the clear that has been tarnished.

Usually when the scratch is that deep on a door panel, there is usually a small dent, like the one I got the other day.
Its supposed to get detailed and opti-coat added wish I had it on already. Gonna see what he can do but I've lost all faith as I can't stop negligent people.
Old 09-26-13, 04:39 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
do you work with her? Why didn't you get her information and have her pay for the damage?
+1!!!! I certainly would!!
Old 09-26-13, 04:39 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Its supposed to get detailed and opti-coat added wish I had it on already. Gonna see what he can do but I've lost all faith as I can't stop negligent people.
I once leaped and almost fell to grab someone's door that was about to hit mine. The lady inside looked at me like I was crazy, then I explained...lol
Old 09-26-13, 04:51 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Porter Cable DA polisher is the best investment I have made for this car. I would try that first, before wet sanding.
Old 09-26-13, 04:52 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by terrycs
+1!!!! I certainly would!!
She does but the company is so big i don't know what part she is from. I really should have, but my mind only thought about the screw up with the paint on my rear bumper. So I could only think about them screwing up my entire door.

Last edited by bigblack06; 09-26-13 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 05:33 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Man, this is the worse month for our cars. Last week I ran over a traffic cone. It actually came under the car in front me and hit my front bumper, same spot that I fixed few weeks ago

Anyways, scratch X is not a good solution. Buy Quixx scratch remover online or at local Autozone instead, it removes 70% of scratches, as long as they are not too deep.
Old 09-26-13, 05:51 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson

I AM WITH YOU! I have questioned myself already as to why I didn't go with a Maxima, Accord.. etc..except when I get in the seat and crank the car up...
Old 09-27-13, 04:29 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Man, this is the worse month for our cars. Last week I ran over a traffic cone. It actually came under the car in front me and hit my front bumper, same spot that I fixed few weeks ago

Anyways, scratch X is not a good solution. Buy Quixx scratch remover online or at local Autozone instead, it removes 70% of scratches, as long as they are not too deep.
It really is first my rear bumper and now this, I'm soon to just park it and drive it on weekends only.

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I AM WITH YOU! I have questioned myself already as to why I didn't go with a Maxima, Accord.. etc..except when I get in the seat and crank the car up...
Yes its a blast to drive thats what keeps the smile on my face, maybe I will drive around with bubble wrapping around the car.
Old 09-27-13, 06:31 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i feel your pain, i've learned not to let it drive me insane. although i'm still OCD (i'm working on that lol) i just don't tolerate stupidity and there are tons of stupid people to deal with on a daily basis. i would have made her pay for the repair. looks like you're going to have to park a little farther away... like in your garage.
Old 09-27-13, 06:32 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the rick chips, crap on the road, etc.. I find myself worrying more than ever.. this is the most expensive car I've owned in my longish life, along with really enjoying/loving this car makes it hurt more when it''s damaged

Quick Reply: I Can't Win, Scratch on Door!