GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I'M BAAACK! GS350 F-SPORT AWD Lease Price Check Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-13, 06:47 PM
Francis K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'M BAAACK! GS350 F-SPORT AWD Lease Price Check Help!

Whats up boys, old and new, nice to be back home. The LXTank is still running people down strong on the road but I need a second car for work related appearances. Meade Lexus in Southfield, MI is giving me an incredible price for my trade in (NOT THE LX) and I plan on leasing a 2013 GS350 F-Sport AWD. I'm going to end up getting it for $691 a month 0 down. Is that in line with what people are paying or does that seem a bit high??

I look forward to mixing it up with everyone again real soon!
Old 09-18-13, 06:51 PM
Francis K
Racer

Should probably add that it's for my choice of 27 or 33 months and its 10k miles per year. I have the LX so not worried about the miles so much.
Old 09-18-13, 08:42 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Francis!

I am from Bloomfield Hills and I got my GS350 F-Sport AWD from meade lexus of southfield. I know the general manager Joe Rodriguez very well and he helped get me a good deal in Feb of 2012 with this F-Sport. I am leasing at 15k and 760 a month 0 down. Given that you are doing 10k a year I say its a pretty good deal depending on how loaded your GS350 F-Sport AWD is.
Old 09-18-13, 09:23 PM
flippd
Driver

That deal is fair or bad (definitely not good) depending on what the MSRP of the car you're choosing. Doesn't seem like they're taking anything off MSRP, especially given there's a 3000 dollar lease cash incentive from Lexus right now. What you need to do is get them to go down on the selling price to invoice + 500 to 1000, then subtract another 3000 from it. Then run those numbers. Make sure they're not padding the MF either.

Think of the 3000 lease cash as lowering your payments by 100/month essentially on a 27-33 month lease. So your lease would've cost 790/month without the incentive, which is not good for a GS 2013 when the 2014 is right around the corner. Rexus got his GS when it was new and probably didn't have much wiggle room on the sales price, but you do.

I know you're not in california, but you can probably do better.

To better assess if their offer is good or not, you need:
1. Final sales price (BEFORE the 3000 incentive), invoice price, and MSRP
2. Money factor
3. Term in months

Last edited by flippd; 09-18-13 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-18-13, 09:45 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Use this lease calculator to get an idea of how good your deal is.

http://www.ridewithg.com/calculator/index.html

Never talk payments with them. Get the cash price as low as possible first. Then subtract the $3k lease cash offer. Plug in the numbers and see how good the deal is.
Old 09-18-13, 10:39 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm also at ZERO down, MSRP 58k+, 15k mi/y 36 months, $625/m plus CA tax (685).

This was last summer. So I think you can do better depending on where you're located.

It would be more helpful if you provide more info though, i.e. msrp, selling price, money factors...
Old 09-18-13, 11:02 PM
c787
Driver School Candidate

You can get a better deal. Again, the best deals seem to be available in CA and more specifically SoCal.

I got my GS350 F-Sport for $547 per month, 27 months, 12k miles per year and the 5,10,15,20k maintenance included. I put approximately $500 down, which was really just a deposit for them to keep the car as I wanted a specific color combination. MSRP was $58k.
Old 09-19-13, 12:55 PM
Francis K
Racer

Thanks guys, I've got some clarification. The MSRP is 60k and after incentives I'm leasing at 55k, do I need to have a "talk" with my friendly courteous Lexus dealer?

Last edited by Francis K; 09-19-13 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-19-13, 04:52 PM
flippd
Driver

Originally Posted by Francis K
Thanks guys, I've got some clarification. The MSRP is 60k and after incentives I'm leasing at 55k, do I need to have a "talk" with my friendly courteous Lexus dealer?
What is the invoice? Looks like you're only getting 2K off, which isnt' that great.

Also ask what MF they're using.
Old 09-19-13, 07:36 PM
Francis K
Racer

Thanks flippd, what is MF exactly?
Old 09-19-13, 07:55 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MF (money factor) is the APR or interest rate. I can also tell you that the pricing does seem high. For a car that's about to be obsoleted with the '14 model in a matter of weeks, they are obviously cashing in on you. I'd go back and express your considering holding off for the next year model at the December to remember event. They could likely come about $100 / mo off that price they are quoting you and still not be in the red. But maybe they like a full car lot. Some dealers do
Old 09-19-13, 08:48 PM
flippd
Driver

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
MF (money factor) is the APR or interest rate. I can also tell you that the pricing does seem high. For a car that's about to be obsoleted with the '14 model in a matter of weeks, they are obviously cashing in on you. I'd go back and express your considering holding off for the next year model at the December to remember event. They could likely come about $100 / mo off that price they are quoting you and still not be in the red. But maybe they like a full car lot. Some dealers do
I sort of agree with this. If money is no object to you and won't blink twice with 700/mo lease, wait till the '14 model is out. That should have the better voice command similar to the IS and some other extra goodies we with the '13 don't have. HOWEVER, the 3K lease incentive probably won't be there anymore and that's an extra 100/month. But if you wanna save money on a GS, now is the time to pull the trigger.

Go to Edmunds.com and put in the features on your order. You'll see the invoice price there. Invoice + 1000 (BEFORE the lease cash) should be fair to everyone involved. You may or may not be able to do better depending on the volume of cars the dealer sells.

Look at the MF. According to ridewithg, MF this month for the GS should be .00080 for 36 months. If they quote you something higher, they're padding it. MF padding I think is the most disingenious way for dealers to make money. The sales price is fair game, but the MF is more hidden and most buyers don't care to make sure that it's not padded.
Old 09-19-13, 08:51 PM
Francis K
Racer

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I certainly understand that concept but my leverage is somewhat diminished as they literally had only one on the lot, not even an Fsport, I guess they were moving them like hotcakes. This one was specially reserved for me. That and my trade in which is a 2013 will be also worth significantly less when the 2014 comes out shortly, they are giving me an incredible price for it.

Either way it will all be sorted tomorrow one way or another, if anyone has any other quick input or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!!
Old 09-19-13, 09:18 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you've kind of already made up your mind and if you're ok with that, then roll. But I would also try and speak with the sales manager and be appreciative, but also insist it's still a little high after having done some numbers on your own. Usually they might push back on you speaking to the GM, but being firm and polite can yield some positive results for you. Good luck
Old 09-19-13, 11:14 PM
Francis K
Racer

It came down to the GS or a Jaguar XF and while the Jag may be prettier in my mind I remember my sisters X Type which was definitely a dressed up ford. The XF felt just like that except new and with a nice engine growl, my sister was with me for the test drive and even she mentioned that it reminded her of her X Type which scared me straight. The GS is a MUCH better drive and MUCH better build quality, it feels really good sitting behind the wheel while the Jag felt clumsy and overdone. I've found that to be true of Lexus vehicles against most competitors, in a lexus you feel like you're in control instead of fighting to be in control, believe it or not my LX feels like that too, I'm in control. Then again I am very bias toward Lexus so take my opinion with that in mind, plus the GS is a better deal obviously.

So I want the GS but that being said I'm not going to get ripped on it, that's why I made this thread! All this input has been invaluable and I'll see what I come up with in a few hours. Obviously people are getting much better deals than $691 and that was earlier in the year so I need a better price.

Quick Reply: I'M BAAACK! GS350 F-SPORT AWD Lease Price Check Help!