GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I've Never Seen a GS 350/350F on the Street

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 06:09 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Is anyone buying them? Of course... There are lots of owners here on this forum.
Old 09-02-13, 06:39 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I live in Brooklyn, work in Astoria. There are 10 4GS parked where I live and I usually see a few on the way to / from work, not every day, but often. People who work in the city don't drive there, there is no where to park. When I used to work on Wall St. I always took a train to work, my GS was parked at home 24/7.
Agreed - plenty of 4GS all over NYC....thats y im surprised at the low sales #s.
The nice thing is almost half that i see are Fsport models.
Old 09-02-13, 06:55 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Miami, and I can't say I see a 4GS everday. But I do see them every once in a while, and usually not the F-Sport model. I love having a car that not many people have.
Old 09-02-13, 06:57 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lots of GS especially GS F-sport here in southeast michigan.
Old 09-02-13, 07:00 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are pulling my leg, because I've not seen a single one since the car was released a year or so ago. I had to actually go to the nearest Lexus dealer to see what one looked like in person. I've not seen one in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey or New York City. That's a lot of territory to cover without spotting a single 2013 GS 350.
Old 09-02-13, 07:10 PM
RobertE
Driver

Am I missing the point here, what's the problem with not seeing another GS? I like the exclusivity of not seeing everyone and their brother driving the same car as me. If it bothers you that much sell the GS and get a Honda Accord, that will cure your loneliness, lol, j/k
Old 09-02-13, 07:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

They are pretty rare, I've seen several but its not even every week...I might say once a month around DC.

I like it being an unusual car. I came from the ES, so its nice not to see my car on every street corner.
Old 09-02-13, 09:37 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trek
This is all so strange. I wish I could actually see someone other than myself actually driving one. Heck, I'd settle for seeing one in a public parking lot.
Slowly but surely I think the GS #'s will increase. Interest is spiking as evidenced by the popularity of this 4th Gen forum. The "rebranding" with the new "spindle grill" will need time to grow on certain people/potential buyers. Lexus is headed in the right direction in my opinion to attract a younger buyer (with the GS specifically, even the Rx and LS), that's how they got me. I was pretty bent on getting an Audi or BMW, but I never made it to those dealerships. GS had me stuck.
The 2013 GS has been on Lexus lots since Feb 2012 I believe (18-19 months now). I got mine in March 2012. Of course my car is not stock anymore, but I have people constantly complimenting/staring or whatever it may be. That doesn't do anything for me personally because I didn't customize my ride for anyone's taste but my own, but it does a lot for the Lexus brand because people see the possibilities. I am sure others on the forum feel the same way. It's not black and white anymore with them. Out here in California there are quite a few GS's (in the central valley for sure). But of course the Gs still lags behind all 3 German automakers class equivalents.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 09-02-13 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-02-13, 09:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

I also get many compliments on my 4GS...
Old 09-03-13, 03:50 AM
mcfine
Driver School Candidate

I see at least 1 a day as there are a couple other people at work who have one. Saw one yesterday with a modded front grill that I'm pretty sure the owner is on this forum. Was a silver GS with the front grill painted partially black like the IS350 f-Sport.
Old 09-03-13, 06:52 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

This is all so strange. I wish I could actually see someone other than myself actually driving one. Heck, I'd settle for seeing one in a public parking lot.
It's not strange at all. At the price of an GS Fsport, $55 to $60K+ OTD, it's a tough sell for the average luxury car buyer as Lexus still doesn't have the prestige the Germans have. Despite performance numbers, reliability, quality, electronics, ...etc, the Germans still outsell Lexus when it comes to Luxury.

I don't mind it one bit though. I like my car and get complements all the time.
Old 09-03-13, 06:57 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

You guys are pulling my leg, because I've not seen a single one since the car was released a year or so ago. I had to actually go to the nearest Lexus dealer to see what one looked like in person. I've not seen one in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey or New York City. That's a lot of territory to cover without spotting a single 2013 GS 350.
I've spotted another GS perhaps five times since I've owned the vehicle (15 months). I see plenty of 5-Series and E-Class models on the road so it's not for a lack of buying power in the region. The number of Lexus dealerships in Pennsylvania (9) is much lower than those of BMW (over 20) or Mercedes-Benz (15). This may have something to do with that as outside of most major metropolitan areas Lexus dealerships are few and far between.

Historically, the East Coast has been the site of importation of European marques, where the West Coat is the port of entry for Asian vehicles. Note the US headquarter locations for Lexus (CA) versus BMW and Mercedes-Benz (NJ). I think the region does make a difference, even in today's "global" world. Look at the Midwest and the percentage of domestically-produced vehicles on the road, for instance. I also see far more advertising for Mercedes-Benz than I do for Lexus. I think Toyota is happy to concentrate on the West Coast and leave the East Coast to the European brands.

From recent experience, the GS's lack of popularity within the region has caused the vehicle to depreciate faster than is anticipated for a Lexus product. I don't believe most people are familiar with what the GS line is, nor why it costs as much as it does.
Old 09-03-13, 08:05 AM
LexFather

I've seen them all the time in cities here in the USA and in Canada.....
Old 09-03-13, 08:58 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

I saw one or two in my area during the first 6 months. This past month though, I've seen one black luxury, one blue luxury, one cashmere luxury, two white F Sport and one premium grey. See a lot more Audis, 3, 5 and Es. Near my work place, there's one white F Sport and one family with one white premium and one grey F Sport. IMO, GS is expensive compared to the German's due to brand recognition. Most people can not justify its value for price/brand. Many still see it as an expensive Toyota or they simply just need a German car. That's probably why we see more German cars on the road.
Old 09-03-13, 09:36 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I live in Miami, and I can't say I see a 4GS everday. But I do see them every once in a while, and usually not the F-Sport model. I love having a car that not many people have.
+1 on that, I see a couple 4GS now vs when I got mine there are a couple more out now. I will say I don't see many F-Sports and when I do they look at mine cause its different.

Quick Reply: I've Never Seen a GS 350/350F on the Street