GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rear Ended Today!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-13, 06:42 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Rear Ended Today!

Man I'm so aggravated as it could have been avoided. The good thing is it wasn't a bad hit, So waiting at the light and the light was yellow beginning to turn red, so I didn't go for it I waited. A second later bang, all I could do was throw my hands up as she was tailgating me up to the light, hence why I said it could have been avoided. The best part is when we exchanged info she said I thought you were gonna run through the yellow! What! really amazing. On another note I must say this bumper is pretty damn strong as the hit was really hard and there is only a small indent in the middle. Like I said the damage isn't bad its just aggravating cause it could have been avoided and also since the car is still fairly new I'm a little ticked for that as well.
Rear Ended Today!-photo-1.jpg

Rear Ended Today!-photo-2.png
Old 08-19-13, 06:58 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks buddy are you going to get it fixed?
Old 08-19-13, 07:05 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

chk the inside of the bumper, these new cars when they get hit, the bumper pops out and the damage is internal, it happened to me somebody back u and hit my truck bumper and i looked i said, its nothing its just a light scratch, so i did not bother, then cpl of months later when I was replacing my bulbs, I noticed both headlight brackets were broken from the impact, and i could not see it which end up costing me $400. be safe.
Old 08-19-13, 07:12 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by vicsis250
Sucks buddy are you going to get it fixed?
I honestly didn't want to since it was so small but I think I'm gonna get it fixed since its only 10 months old.

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
chk the inside of the bumper, these new cars when they get hit, the bumper pops out and the damage is internal, it happened to me somebody back u and hit my truck bumper and i looked i said, its nothing its just a light scratch, so i did not bother, then cpl of months later when I was replacing my bulbs, I noticed both headlight brackets were broken from the impact, and i could not see it which end up costing me $400. be safe.
Hopefully it isnt but I guess I will see when they get it checked, I'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-19-13, 07:20 PM
fraglerock
Rookie

Damn, sorry to hear that. Dig your choice in footwear though, Dunks are my all time favorite.
Old 08-19-13, 07:42 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I hate.... I mean really hate when people tailgate me. That pisses me off instantly. Never assume what another driver is going to do. Alot of people stop on a yellow, I don't but alot of people do. If you're going to anticipate what the next driver is going to do... Do it at a safe distance. Glad it wasn't worse and you're safe and sound. Get it fixed or it will start to chip away.
Old 08-19-13, 07:46 PM
KaShiDC
Rookie

Most unfortunate. I was rear-ended three times at the very same intersection when I moved to Virginia.(Previous car). I finally realized people here do not stop for reds, they run them. Now I slow down before I even get to the light irritating, but waking up oblivious drivers and I haven't been rear-ended in my 250. I hope you get fixed up quickly, too new and pretty to leave the scar and as mentioned, there is likely unseen damage.
Old 08-19-13, 07:47 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be pissed off too, but luckily she didn't slam into you and wreck it. Like someone else said check underneath the bumper just to see if there is any underlying damage.
Old 08-19-13, 08:08 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by fraglerock
Damn, sorry to hear that. Dig your choice in footwear though, Dunks are my all time favorite.
Lol yeah funny just got a new pair this past weekend.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
I hate.... I mean really hate when people tailgate me. That pisses me off instantly. Never assume what another driver is going to do. Alot of people stop on a yellow, I don't but alot of people do. If you're going to anticipate what the next driver is going to do... Do it at a safe distance. Glad it wasn't worse and you're safe and sound. Get it fixed or it will start to chip away.
Yeah I saw her in my rear view got a little worried then waiting in line to turn and the people moved so slow the light was already yellow and I wasn't taking a chance to turn so I sat there instead guess I should have looked at her again, yeah I'm happy it wasn't worse but now I gotta deal with all this which is a pain in the foggy bottom. Hopefully the dealership can get it fixed while i'm on vacation since they were gonna have it anyways for the battery issue.

Originally Posted by KaShiDC
Most unfortunate. I was rear-ended three times at the very same intersection when I moved to Virginia.(Previous car). I finally realized people here do not stop for reds, they run them. Now I slow down before I even get to the light irritating, but waking up oblivious drivers and I haven't been rear-ended in my 250. I hope you get fixed up quickly, too new and pretty to leave the scar and as mentioned, there is likely unseen damage.
Yeah that sucks but yeah I will most likely see tomorrow what the damage is.

Originally Posted by xclusiv
I'd be pissed off too, but luckily she didn't slam into you and wreck it. Like someone else said check underneath the bumper just to see if there is any underlying damage.
Yeah she tried to explain to me something about her brakes were soft or something but I tuned her out as I was overally pissed
Old 08-19-13, 11:31 PM
bean006
Driver

Oh man, that really sux..

I think you should still bring it in for fixing..
I mean you are rear ended, so you'll be covered by her insurance.

Plus, that damage won't cost that much (provided nothing damaged inside the bumper).
Old 08-20-13, 02:37 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems it's something going around.. I hit that chunk of retread tire a week ago.. not bad enough to worry but still a gouge in the bumper.. it sucks but I guess it's part of the hazard.

I feel for ya
Old 08-20-13, 06:33 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Ouch that sucks
Old 08-20-13, 08:56 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by bean006
Oh man, that really sux..

I think you should still bring it in for fixing..
I mean you are rear ended, so you'll be covered by her insurance.

Plus, that damage won't cost that much (provided nothing damaged inside the bumper).
Yep I will find out today, what the appraiser says, but most likely won't know true damage until they take off the bumper.

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Seems it's something going around.. I hit that chunk of retread tire a week ago.. not bad enough to worry but still a gouge in the bumper.. it sucks but I guess it's part of the hazard.

I feel for ya
Something seems to be happening with GS's I think it's haters This is the 1st accident I've had with my cars I've owned 3 GS vehicles and this is the first one and it happened to be my first brand new purchase.
Old 08-20-13, 09:44 AM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, I truly feel your pain! I just dropped mine off at the body shop this morning to have the damage from last week's mishap repaired. Already missing her!

You definitely need to get it checked out - Like several have said, the real damage may be beneath the bumper cover...There are crumple zones underneath designed to alleviate the impact, but need to be replaced if they did get crushed.

Keep us posted!
Old 08-20-13, 11:48 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry to hear bb. This is why I drive through yellow. My "passenger" is not happy when I run yellow but I'm always afraid the guy behind would rear end me. I stopped on yellow recently and an F150 almost rear ended me. Check the sensors too. It look minor but sometimes it may be difficult to match the paint. Last time when I had a damage on a front bumper of my white car, they had to strip the whole thing off, pained, and clear coated it again to make it look right. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended Today!