GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 gs350

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-13, 10:03 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can somebody scan this or point us to it?

Originally Posted by rjm
The September issue of Car and Driver has just come out with their "New Cars for 2014" issue in which they list the changes and upgrades in the 2014 models. No mention is made of an 8-speed transmission upgrade in the GS350. In fact all they mention about the 2014 GS350 is "Minor trim changes".
Old 08-18-13, 06:40 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
The article is not online. You can buy the magazine at any news store.
Old 08-18-13, 07:26 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the issue of C&D and it states on the 2014 GS350 "Minor trim changes".
Old 08-18-13, 09:25 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. Looking forward to the deals on the 2013s.

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I have the issue of C&D and it states on the 2014 GS350 "Minor trim changes".
Old 08-18-13, 11:04 PM
thISguy350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im looking to purchase a GS350 Fsport soon, should i wait for the 2014 or take some of the great incentives of the 2013?
Old 08-19-13, 10:26 AM
msp713
Driver

Originally Posted by thISguy350
im looking to purchase a GS350 Fsport soon, should i wait for the 2014 or take some of the great incentives of the 2013?
No one really knows for sure what is being changed for the 14 models (i.e. minor trims fixes, 8 speed tranny, etc). I went to a local dealership and heard conflicting information from different employees which was frustrating.

I'm in the same boat as you are. Not sure whether to wait or pull the trigger on a '13
Old 08-19-13, 12:28 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Its crazy how secretive Lexus is.
Imo it hurts customers bec we cant make a decision due to lack of info.

I spend a lot of time on the BMW forums for obvious reasons and members there that have dealer ties have a wealth of info regarding trim changes/pricing WAY BEFORE the 2014 models went on sale. This is of a great benefit to the forum members.

In addition, BMW is much less secretive regarding new model intros/updates. Most of the cars are exposed at the 'Ring with camo stripped.
Lexus finally did that with the RC-F which was great and created a ton of buzz for the car.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 08-19-13 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-19-13, 01:10 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Its crazy how secretive Lexus is.
Imo it hurts customers bec we cant make a decision due to lack of info.

I spend a lot of time on the BMW forums for obvious reasons and members there that have dealer ties have a wealth of info regarding trim changes/pricing WAY BEFORE the 2014 models went on sale. This is of a great benefit to the forum members.

In addition, BMW is much less secretive regarding new model intros/updates. Most of the cars are exposed at the 'Ring with camo stripped.
Lexus finally did that with the RC-F which was great and created a ton of buzz for the car.
Lexus clearly has their business model and BMW has theirs. Imagine that.
Old 08-19-13, 01:46 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Lexus clearly has their business model and BMW has theirs. Imagine that.
Yes thats true, i think its more due to the cultural differences also. Toyota/lexus are very conservative and dont leak any info like other makes.

For the fans of the brand, it sucks bec we know the info when the general public knows through a Lexus press release. Its almost Sept and we still have no clue on any 2014 changes.
BMW released 2014 info months ago, buyers were able to wait and order a 2014 or pick a 2013 at a better price off the lot.
Leaking info on changes or new models is a great way to create a buzz and keep the brand enthusiast community interested and excited of things to come.
Old 08-19-13, 05:00 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

Yeah, I read the article quickly. Sounds like you Americans will get a power trunk and an option for LED headlamps. But you lose the night vision option, which sounded like a accident waiting to happen - drive in the middle of the night looking at a TV screen.

The eight speed remains the holy grail - for a millennium you shall wait.
Old 08-19-13, 09:32 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Yes thats true, i think its more due to the cultural differences also. Toyota/lexus are very conservative and dont leak any info like other makes.

For the fans of the brand, it sucks bec we know the info when the general public knows through a Lexus press release. Its almost Sept and we still have no clue on any 2014 changes.
BMW released 2014 info months ago, buyers were able to wait and order a 2014 or pick a 2013 at a better price off the lot.
Leaking info on changes or new models is a great way to create a buzz and keep the brand enthusiast community interested and excited of things to come.
This BMW "openess" doesn't really help when there's confusion about the endless packages available for the 5 series and certain features promised for early adopters aren't present due to mix-ups between BMW HQ and the dealers. Isn't there a multiple page thread on bimmerfest about how some suspension features aren't present on the new 2014 5 series LCI even though the buyer specified and PAID for them?

I'd rather Lexus take their time making sure of their facts first before making any public proclamation than BMW rush-releasing "facts" that later turn out to be untrue ie those 2014 5 series buyers that paid for M-Sport package believing that they would be getting M-Sport suspension but got only cosmetic upgrades instead of an actual suspension upgrade.

Last edited by natnut; 08-20-13 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-19-13, 11:56 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

it is a little maddening to wait for news on the new 2014s, but that's why we have CL. freshest updates here first!

that said, i'm leaning towards a great deal on a '13...
Old 08-20-13, 01:10 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Folks, please do not take the Car & Driver updates seriously. Their new model year reviews are the most incomplete lists and are published well before the manufacturers make their announcements to the press. When they say, "no changes, " or, "minor trims changes, " this just means they do not have information yet on the model. I've been monitoring C&D since the 80's, and it's always been that way.
Old 08-20-13, 06:25 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by natnut
This BMW "openess" doesn't really help when there's confusion about the endless packages available for the 5 series and certain features promised for early adopters aren't present due to mix-ups between BMW HQ and the dealers. Isn't there a multiple page thread on bimmerfest about how some suspension features aren't present on the new 2014 5 series LCI even though the buyer specified and PAID for them?

I'd rather Lexus take their time making sure of their facts first before making any public proclamation than BMW rush-releasing "facts" that later turn out to be untrue ie those 2014 5 series buyers that paid for M-Sport package believing that they would be getting M-Sport suspension but got only cosmetic upgrades instead of an actual suspension upgrade.
I doubt it was a mixup at all.

BMW NA think Americans arent interested in performance just luxury. Not sure if you know but Msport Susp wasn't avail in the US until 2013. It was purely cosmetic but did come with DDC - adjustable susp, which is crap IMO. But most ppl that buy these cars prefer comfort over sport.

Many members loved the true mechanical M Sport Susp including myself - it really makes the car handle and have the steering feel of the previous generation bimmers.
When the 2014s hit the lots members were up in arms that BMW took away the Msusp. We complained and now it will be back as of Sept 13 production.
Old 08-20-13, 07:14 AM
JTMav
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one thing I was told by Lexus( i was having trouble with some of the Apps and called from the car for help) that the next generation NAV system, with Siri eyes etc. will be in the '14s. I would be very surprised if there were any really significant changes in the second year of this model. It would be a bit out of the norm for Lexus but maybe things are changing.

JTMav

Quick Reply: 2014 gs350