GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 gs350

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 09:26 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by richard203
that mean we can turn our trunk into a power trunk now. =)
I think I've seen part numbers for the actuator on Sewell's website. It's almost $1K though and that is assuming the wiring harness is already there.
Old 08-13-13, 10:02 AM
omaralt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Maybe but my GS is a weekend pleasure vehicle that I maybe put on 5K miles per.
I may have opened the trunk maybe 6 times in 9 months and twice was check the stock bulb type and swap out that bulb to LED.
Why?
Just so I know it's an LED and it makes me feel good..
instead of making excuses for lexus and justifying why we dont need it, lexus needs to realize that in a car of this caliber certain things are expected (base or as an option). folding mirrors and power trunk are two things that should have been standard or at the most part of the luxury or F sport package. whether you need it or care for it is irrelevant
Old 08-13-13, 10:11 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I would love that option along with the soft close trunk or push button close trunk. I have noticed it more that the side mirrors jiggle when going over bumps guessing if it had the auto fold it wouldn't be everywhere.
Old 08-13-13, 10:59 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I would love that option along with the soft close trunk or push button close trunk. I have noticed it more that the side mirrors jiggle when going over bumps guessing if it had the auto fold it wouldn't be everywhere.
Same here, my mirror making noise everytime I shut close the door and over the bump, crank up the radio. My '11 Sienna have power folding mirror and have none of these noise.
Old 08-13-13, 11:09 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by omaralt
instead of making excuses for lexus and justifying why we dont need it, lexus needs to realize that in a car of this caliber certain things are expected (base or as an option). folding mirrors and power trunk are two things that should have been standard or at the most part of the luxury or F sport package. whether you need it or care for it is irrelevant
I'm not making excuses.
I've already stated I believe both the power trunk and fold in mirrors are gone because of cost cutting.Both were standard equipment on an '08 GS I owned.
If you have a problem with the cost cutting,call Lexus HQ and complain.
I knew when I got the GS it didn't have the two features and the lack of both wasn't a deal breaker for me.
If it's a problem for you,don't buy a GS or wait till the '14 model which is said to have a power trunk as an option..
Old 08-13-13, 02:50 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Pretty sure I remember there being a lot of complaints about the power folding mirrors failing on the 3GS. I think mostly because of the cheap plastic gears they used, so maybe they got tired of offering something that would end up being a PITA to everyone.
Toyota/Lexus has been using power folding mirrors for years and years. The early 90's Celicas had power folding mirrors in many overseas countrys (along with most every other Toyota/Lexus). I would think they would get it right by now.

Power folding mirrors is essential in my opinion. Many people have single car garage doors instead of the dual car garage doors. I fold in my mirrors on our Land Rovers every time I pull them into the garage. This is a feature that is clearly subject to costs cutting, and it shows. Lexus should have this feature standard on ALL models in the US.
Old 08-13-13, 03:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Seeing that Joe and I literally right now were just talking in PM about how much we dislike fanboys...I think you misread what he was saying LOL.

There's a difference between saying that one doesn't care about an option and saying the option shouldn't be there. I don't care about either one of those features, but the car should have them in the segment.
Old 08-13-13, 03:05 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

A little shocking that folding mirrors are such a hot topic. I guess they are a must have!
Old 08-13-13, 03:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
A little shocking that folding mirrors are such a hot topic. I guess they are a must have!
Cost cutting just pisses us off thats all lol
Old 08-13-13, 10:00 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Along with with folding mirrors, power trunk, etc.
Rear side shades are also a major feature missing as an option for the F Sport - if u have a newborn or toddler this is essential.

I have all these features on my 5 along with fully adjustable passenger seat. Hope Lexus adds all this stuff at the refresh or at least by the time my lease is up.
Old 08-14-13, 02:42 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Rear side shades are also a major feature missing as an option for the F Sport - if u have a newborn or toddler this is essential.

I have all these features on my 5 along with fully adjustable passenger seat. Hope Lexus adds all this stuff at the refresh or at least by the time my lease is up.
*deleted* due to not reading previous post correctly

Last edited by Stew4HD; 08-14-13 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-14-13, 03:04 AM
lexesty72
Driver

He is referring to the rear door shades for the F-Sport.
Old 08-14-13, 04:55 AM
omaralt
Rookie

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

that was another thing that didnt make sense to me. i was initially intent on getting the F sport, but when i saw how much it was lacking in comparison to the luxury package it was a no brainer. 18 way driver and passenger seats, shades, tri zone climate, adaptive headlights, fog lights, etc while still maintaining the adaptive suspension the F sport no longer made sense
Old 08-14-13, 06:37 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the Lux package was nice, but tri zone climate control is overkill and passenger shades are nice, but I run a 20% tint all around and wouldn't be needed.

I do wish from my previous vehicle that it had the adaptive headlights as well as fogs, but the front bumper looks so dang good, I love the F Sport interior, and the HUD, ML, and rear steering more than make up for the other features. I'll likely buy a GS, but I'm gonna turn this lease in when they come out with a GS F or up the power on the car. Otherwise, very happy with the car.
Old 08-14-13, 06:43 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

that was another thing that didnt make sense to me. i was initially intent on getting the F sport, but when i saw how much it was lacking in comparison to the luxury package it was a no brainer. 18 way driver and passenger seats, shades, tri zone climate, adaptive headlights, fog lights, etc while still maintaining the adaptive suspension the F sport no longer made sense
and espresso wood interior trim, semi-aniline leather...

Quick Reply: 2014 gs350