Gunmetal or Silver? Would love to know what you guys think! - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums


Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - 4th Gen (2013-present)
Log In 

Gunmetal or Silver? Would love to know what you guys think!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-13, 03:55 PM   #31
1111GS
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
1111GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _____
Posts: 1,171
Default

These look almost like the Niche Targa. Another vote for GM. I agree GM gives more mean-ness which matches the wheels and the F Sport more. IMO the structure is a little thin for Silver.
1111GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 05:32 PM   #32
KDLiquidGS
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 52
@KAYBR33ZY KAYBR33ZY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnlexus View Post
These look almost like the Niche Targa. Another vote for GM. I agree GM gives more mean-ness which matches the wheels and the F Sport more. IMO the structure is a little thin for Silver.
Like I said earlier, if I had the F-Sport there wouldn't be a question. I'd definitely go with Gunmetal, but I have the luxury.
KDLiquidGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 05:48 PM   #33
Stew4HD
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: H-Town TX
Posts: 513
Default

The silver does go very well with your car color
Stew4HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 07:07 PM   #34
MikeJaye
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
MikeJaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 16
Default

I'm definitely with Blueprint on this one -- the silver with gunmetal "rocks" for me! I'm biased as I drive the silver F-Sport as well -- gunmetal Vossens lowered on Tanabe's are part of my short-term plan too! But you're in a win win situation regardless of the choice you make!
MikeJaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 08:27 PM   #35
Paul@howeyindustries.com
paul@howeyindustries.com
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 293
Default

Go with the Silver , it looks perfect ...

Here's a few more in silver

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Or maybe Gloss Black?
Click the image to open in full size.
Paul@howeyindustries.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 09:10 PM   #36
1BlinkGone
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 133
Default

Silver. Done.
1BlinkGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 07:39 AM   #37
1111GS
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
1111GS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: _____
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDLiquidGS View Post
Like I said earlier, if I had the F-Sport there wouldn't be a question. I'd definitely go with Gunmetal, but I have the luxury.
My bad... I didn't read all your posts. In that case, IMO you should leave your wheels alone for a few more months and re-evaluate. Something in these wheels that will grow on you and makes it difficult to change. You also have Silver which IMO takes away the aggressiveness (if there is any) from the luxury model which in turn makes it more difficult to match an aftermarket set. They may clash with the car. I have a black luxury and I think it's more forgiving but still haven't found one that I would give up the luxury wheels for them. Many aftermarket wheels look nice themselves but when they are on the luxury, they don't look as I expect. Good luck with your decision/search. I still vote GM if these are the only choices.

Last edited by 1111GS; 07-24-13 at 08:00 AM.
1111GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 08:12 AM   #38
LexFather
Guest
Trader Score: ()
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaye View Post
I'm definitely with Blueprint on this one -- the silver with gunmetal "rocks" for me! I'm biased as I drive the silver F-Sport as well -- gunmetal Vossens lowered on Tanabe's are part of my short-term plan too! But you're in a win win situation regardless of the choice you make!
Thanks. I think its a perfect combo with gunmetal on silver..sporty, yet not over the top.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 10:40 AM   #39
mshmsh
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
mshmsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 177
mshmsh911 mesho602 Mr_msh
Default

Silver is better for me. want a great example? look at the first GS that came out .. it was Liquid Platinum with silver wheels..

Click the image to open in full size.
mshmsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 10:46 AM   #40
mshmsh
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
mshmsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 177
mshmsh911 mesho602 Mr_msh
Default

if I were you I would buy F sport wheels and paint them silver like the pic I posted
mshmsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:26 AM   #41
KDLiquidGS
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 52
@KAYBR33ZY KAYBR33ZY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshmsh View Post
Silver is better for me. want a great example? look at the first GS that came out .. it was Liquid Platinum with silver wheels..

Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshmsh View Post
if I were you I would buy F sport wheels and paint them silver like the pic I posted
Haha nah man I really like these Velgen wheels. I already decided on that, now I'm just waiting for the Tanabe springs to arrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnlexus View Post
My bad... I didn't read all your posts. In that case, IMO you should leave your wheels alone for a few more months and re-evaluate. Something in these wheels that will grow on you and makes it difficult to change. You also have Silver which IMO takes away the aggressiveness (if there is any) from the luxury model which in turn makes it more difficult to match an aftermarket set. They may clash with the car. I have a black luxury and I think it's more forgiving but still haven't found one that I would give up the luxury wheels for them. Many aftermarket wheels look nice themselves but when they are on the luxury, they don't look as I expect. Good luck with your decision/search. I still vote GM if these are the only choices.
I would have to completely disagree with you about the liquid platinum taking away the "aggressiveness" from the luxury model. Some people argue that the luxury model front is more aggressive than the F-Sport, which I do not agree with, but no way in hell does liquid platinum take away from it, lol. My friend saw my car yesterday for the first time and the first thing he said was "Damn bro, the front looks so mean."
KDLiquidGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:37 AM   #42
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,325
sydtoosic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshmsh View Post
if I were you I would buy F sport wheels and paint them silver like the pic I posted
i had my F Sport wheels refinished in hyper silver and the car was OB, and i loved them. the thread is here somewhere.
__________________
13 LS460
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:39 AM   #43
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,325
sydtoosic
Default

a silver wheel looks good on any car... any color.
__________________
13 LS460
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 08:49 AM   #44
KDLiquidGS
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 52
@KAYBR33ZY KAYBR33ZY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
i had my F Sport wheels refinished in hyper silver and the car was OB, and i loved them. the thread is here somewhere.
Too bad they look really good in silver, but too small for my taste. I want 20s! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
a silver wheel looks good on any car... any color.
& I agree 100%. Gunmetal gives me too much of a tuner look imo.
KDLiquidGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 09:55 AM   #45
kdsr123
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tx
Posts: 207
Default

gunmetal looks meaner
kdsr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here are various cars I've photoshopped with BBS LM's. Seize Photoshop Forum 612 02-24-15 02:43 AM
Ikeya and Figs goodies going in soon! Pics!! Seize Suspension and Brakes 25 03-07-14 12:12 AM
2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray on various aftermarket wheels. Seize Photoshop Forum 24 01-19-14 12:02 PM
Lexon Exclusive Front Lip - GS F Sport flipside909 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 25 12-18-13 02:44 PM
Mattjk's build thread. mattjk Build Threads 33 12-11-13 07:46 PM


Tags
avant, dpe, garde, good, gs, gunmetal, is250, lexus, niche, rims, sc430, silver, sport, targa, wheels, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Copyright © 2000-2015 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info