Glowing or LED/Signal F Sport fender logo - Club Lexus Forums


Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - 4th Gen (2013-present)
Log In 

Glowing or LED/Signal F Sport fender logo

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-13, 12:23 AM   #1
sam430
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)
 
sam430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: somewhere CA
Posts: 3,580
Default Glowing or LED/Signal F Sport fender logo

Wouldn't it look great if we had our F sport logo actually glow from a low light LED diffused through the clear plastic emblem?

If someone could encased the current emblem and remove the back plastic and stick an LED back there with the lights difused to even out the glow, it would be badass.

Even better, make it a turn signal (second thought, we got the mirror signal already).

Just wanted to share some thoughts.
__________________
4GS-Fsport LP13
  1. Completed: Spectra PhotoSync™,n
  1. Next: J5usa Coilovers
sam430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 04:47 AM   #2
Igor911
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 168
Default

IMO that would look very cheesy and ricey
__________________
2013 GS F-Sport AWD - SP/F
Igor911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 06:11 AM   #3
triquynh
Driver
Trader Score: (5)
 
triquynh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 119
Default

Tacky I would think
triquynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 08:04 AM   #4
bigblack06
Moderator
Trader Score: (12)
 
bigblack06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Beantown
Posts: 5,584
bigblack06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam430 View Post
Wouldn't it look great if we had our F sport logo actually glow from a low light LED diffused through the clear plastic emblem?

If someone could encased the current emblem and remove the back plastic and stick an LED back there with the lights difused to even out the glow, it would be badass.

Even better, make it a turn signal (second thought, we got the mirror signal already).

Just wanted to share some thoughts.
It can be done, In was contemplating this and I decided not to get it done. It would have looked nice but as someone told me it would have been to much. This also requires a lot of drilling into the panels, It's a good idea.
__________________

Quote:
Franklin Gothic Medium"It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. Dale Earnhardt
2014 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport/Vinyl Wrap/Philips U 6K/J5Coilovers/Rays GramLight57FXXWheels/Meisterschaft Exhaust/Invidia Mid Pipe
2010 Maserati Quattroporte GTS/ Red Stitching/ Carbon Fiber More to come.
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 08:37 AM   #5
sam430
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)
 
sam430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: somewhere CA
Posts: 3,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack06 View Post
It can be done, In was contemplating this and I decided not to get it done. It would have looked nice but as someone told me it would have been to much. This also requires a lot of drilling into the panels, It's a good idea.
Might be useful if it's integrated with the puddle light . That won't make it ricey.
__________________
4GS-Fsport LP13
  1. Completed: Spectra PhotoSync™,n
  1. Next: J5usa Coilovers
sam430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 04:06 PM   #6
MoizV
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
MoizV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam430 View Post
Might be useful if it's integrated with the puddle light . That won't make it ricey.
SO... I walk up to Sexy Lexy and the along with the puddle lights, the Lexus emblems light up??? that would be pretty sick! As long as it turns back off when the car is started ;-)

Mo
__________________

2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport
Starfire Pearl / Cabernet
"Sexy Lexy"
MoizV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 04:27 PM   #7
sam430
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)
 
sam430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: somewhere CA
Posts: 3,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoizV View Post
SO... I walk up to Sexy Lexy and the along with the puddle lights, the Lexus emblems light up??? that would be pretty sick! As long as it turns back off when the car is started ;-)

Mo
Visualizing it now

The gsf should do that.
__________________
4GS-Fsport LP13
  1. Completed: Spectra PhotoSync™,n
  1. Next: J5usa Coilovers
sam430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 07:17 PM   #8
bigblack06
Moderator
Trader Score: (12)
 
bigblack06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Beantown
Posts: 5,584
bigblack06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoizV View Post
SO... I walk up to Sexy Lexy and the along with the puddle lights, the Lexus emblems light up??? that would be pretty sick! As long as it turns back off when the car is started ;-)

Mo
Yeah I had this on my 3GS I suggest against that, when the guy was finished I had 14 holes in front and 8 in the rear. It acted as a turn signal and a brake light for the rear and also light up white. I was gonna do it with this one but figured I would stick without it. I think the LED would be nice with the F-Sport badge!
__________________

Quote:
Franklin Gothic Medium"It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. Dale Earnhardt
2014 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport/Vinyl Wrap/Philips U 6K/J5Coilovers/Rays GramLight57FXXWheels/Meisterschaft Exhaust/Invidia Mid Pipe
2010 Maserati Quattroporte GTS/ Red Stitching/ Carbon Fiber More to come.
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 08:22 PM   #9
mush
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoizV View Post
SO... I walk up to Sexy Lexy and the along with the puddle lights, the Lexus emblems light up??? that would be pretty sick! As long as it turns back off when the car is started ;-)

Mo
my FRS does this, the emblem lights up when i get near to the car, it turns off when i start the engine
im not into glowy things but it came with the car, so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack06 View Post
Yeah I had this on my 3GS I suggest against that, when the guy was finished I had 14 holes in front and 8 in the rear. It acted as a turn signal and a brake light for the rear and also light up white. I was gonna do it with this one but figured I would stick without it. I think the LED would be nice with the F-Sport badge!
lol u have pics of this?
__________________
2013 GS 350 F Sport- Gray/Black
2013 FRS 10 Series- Silver/Black
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 08:12 AM   #10
bigblack06
Moderator
Trader Score: (12)
 
bigblack06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Beantown
Posts: 5,584
bigblack06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
lol u have pics of this?
Yep here is the thread on it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...completed.html
__________________

Quote:
Franklin Gothic Medium"It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. Dale Earnhardt
2014 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport/Vinyl Wrap/Philips U 6K/J5Coilovers/Rays GramLight57FXXWheels/Meisterschaft Exhaust/Invidia Mid Pipe
2010 Maserati Quattroporte GTS/ Red Stitching/ Carbon Fiber More to come.
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 08:40 AM   #11
sam430
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)
 
sam430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: somewhere CA
Posts: 3,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack06 View Post
That's a lot of lights. I was just referring to the f sport logo I only. It should I only glow and lightly lit. It could be cool blue but only comes on when the puddle lights come on.
__________________
4GS-Fsport LP13
  1. Completed: Spectra PhotoSync™,n
  1. Next: J5usa Coilovers
sam430 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ambient Lighting MKenM RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) 3 05-28-15 08:23 AM
Illuminated LED Emblem/Badge bucanero IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 3 01-09-15 12:46 PM
Glow and Light up Emblem FinaLpeace IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 5 07-13-14 05:47 PM
Worlds first pure white IS Shadowboxer Cluster. O. L. T. IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) 11 08-08-04 10:10 AM
Glow-in-the-Dark Headlight Lighting... DroppedLex Lighting 9 12-27-02 03:36 AM


Tags
350, 460, badge, blue, california, car, display, emblem, fender, glowing, gs, lexus, light, ls, sport, turns

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 AM.



Copyright © 2000-2015 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS