GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

ISF vs GS350 F Sport

Old 07-16-13, 05:29 PM
itsivan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISF vs GS350 F Sport

Im looking to upgrade soon from my 07 is350 to a used ISF or a brand new gs350f what do you guys think which is better ofcorse the isf is faster but the new gs has its own ups! But since the gs350 fsport already comes with fport suspension would it make sence of i get coils because the ride quality will go down! Anyway what are your thoughts on both of them?
Old 07-16-13, 05:58 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

That is a tough and huge decision. Both cars are nice. If you are a family man and looking for space, I would go with the GS. Getting coils for the GS doesn't mean the ride quality will go down.

If you don't have any kids or dependents, I would go with the F. Just because it's an IS-F.

Good luck on your decision. Keep us posted on what you decide.
Old 07-16-13, 06:14 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

It's either performance of the isf or upgrade features of the GS. Upgrading to the Isf not to much of a change from the 350 beside power. Also a few thing here and there. Upgrading to the GS is a whole new platform.
Old 07-16-13, 06:37 PM
lopaka07
Rookie

That's a tough one. Just depends what you want out of it. More sport? More "luxury"? I can't even decide what I would do. LOL. Good luck. It's a win either way though.
Old 07-16-13, 06:42 PM
dara321aaa
Driver School Candidate

Even if you get the coils for the gs350f you can trade/sell the fsport suspension for something else you need.
Old 07-16-13, 07:07 PM
gveng
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to ask yourself, do you want something new (GS350F) or do you want something fast (ISF)?
Old 07-16-13, 07:07 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by laobo979
It's either performance of the isf or upgrade features of the GS. Upgrading to the Isf not to much of a change from the 350 beside power. Also a few thing here and there. Upgrading to the GS is a whole new platform.

"I really dunno what do u think but i just upgrading my Lexus IS350 to Lexus ISF and yes its a huge difference not like u just mentions above" and beside you have to asked yourself that which type of performance vehicle do you like? as for GS its build most likely for sport luxury car and for family car save u alot of gas and for ISF its build for speeding and will burn gas like crazy as for me i like fast car then slow car so its all up to u bro gluck
Old 07-16-13, 07:23 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DansonISF
"I really dunno what do u think but i just upgrading my Lexus IS350 to Lexus ISF and yes its a huge difference not like u just mentions above" and beside you have to asked yourself that which type of performance vehicle do you like? as for GS its build most likely for sport luxury car and for family car save u alot of gas and for ISF its build for speeding and will burn gas like crazy as for me i like fast car then slow car so its all up to u bro gluck
As I state only huge difference you feel is power. Other than that sit inside it same lay out as any ISx50. Hence why I also said few minor difference. Take away the motor and side fender and it just look the same as isx50 what I'm saying.
Old 07-16-13, 08:42 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

go with the IS-F.

all the knocks against it are true. yes, it's based on an older chassis. yes, it's outdated compared to the new generation of vehicles in the Lexus line-up. yes, it's got less-than-desireable gas mileage. yes, upkeep for the F will be relatively higher than the GS.

but... you're not going to find another lexus with this kind of brute power and driving dynamics (the F-Sport variants of the new GS and IS are somewhat similar, albeit short on power).

and... as the IS-F will be discontinued after the 2013 model year (to be replaced by the two-door RC-F) means that there won't likely be a second-gen IS-F.

GS350 F-Sports are starting to become a dime a dozen. how many IS-F's do you see on the road in comparison?

all the neat functions and options on the new GS is nice, but it's no IS-F.
Old 07-16-13, 08:57 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a tough call but I'm gonna go with the GS 350 F-Sport though. My reasoning why is that it will be a more refreshing interior with the larger screen for the multimedia/navigation and the GS will be a much nicer platform for everyday driving and I don't think the ride will be ruined with coils (as long as you get decent ones). Only big things that standout with the IS F is that you get the V8, 8 speed, and slightly more side bolstered seats; however, strip those and the F decorations and it's almost the same car as the 250 or 350.
Old 07-16-13, 09:37 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by laobo979
i have to kind of agree with this comment. the F is a cool car dont get me wrong, but, essentially you will just be gettin another IS just more power. with the GS you will literally be getting a whole different car

the new GS are so dope, i would choose that if those were my options especially since you said new
Old 07-16-13, 09:38 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
go with the IS-F.

all the knocks against it are true. yes, it's based on an older chassis. yes, it's outdated compared to the new generation of vehicles in the Lexus line-up. yes, it's got less-than-desireable gas mileage. yes, upkeep for the F will be relatively higher than the GS.

but... you're not going to find another lexus with this kind of brute power and driving dynamics (the F-Sport variants of the new GS and IS are somewhat similar, albeit short on power).

and... as the IS-F will be discontinued after the 2013 model year (to be replaced by the two-door RC-F) means that there won't likely be a second-gen IS-F.

GS350 F-Sports are starting to become a dime a dozen. how many IS-F's do you see on the road in comparison?

Well said sir. I agree.

Like I said before, get the IS-F.
Old 07-16-13, 09:44 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
go with the IS-F.

Originally Posted by Initial G
Well said sir. I agree.

Like I said before, get the IS-F.

i think that is subjective to where you are really. because here in vegas i see both rarely but ill have to say ive seen an F more than ive seen GS350 F Sports.

but then again thats comparing seeing an 08 vehicle vs a 2013 vehicle too
Old 07-16-13, 10:09 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

any pics of what you're looking at?
Old 07-16-13, 11:38 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

I see GS,IS250.350,LS,ES are more on the road then IS-F so there you go do the math and finding your solutions heheheheheh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISF vs GS350 F Sport